Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Somewhere, someplace, an Anasazi is looking to settle a score with a bunch of bigmouths.
zing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM

49 posts, read 28,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanWarrior2010 View Post
"One of the greatest crimes against humanity occurred right here in the United States of America. Support for the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People is a start to right this great wrong," declared the American Indian Movement in a press release on 24 September 2009.

Perhaps my natural sense of outrage and revulsion at the injustices and atrocities inflicted upon indigenous peoples by the U.S., Zionists and other colonizing powers is inherited from my mother. Before she died, she told me that ancestors on her father’s side of the family traced their roots back to the Iroquois nation.

The United States of America, of course, voted against the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Only a country that denies the rights of its own Native Indians could object to the right of self-determination for other indigenous peoples.

Likewise, only a country that had itself executed genocide on its own native peoples on a massive scale could be such an ardent supporter of the Zionist regime, which is currently engaged in a native Palestinian genocide.

How massive was the Native Indian genocide committed by the Euroamerican colonizers? According to the late Professor Howard Zinn, of the 10 million Native Indians who lived north of present-day Mexico when Columbus arrived, less than a million remain. Other scholars put the indigenous population in 1492 as high as 18 million. Based on a nadir population of 250,000 around 1900, the American Indian holocaust perpetrated by Euroamerican colonizers claimed at least 9 million lives.

“That there was tragedy, deception, barbarity, and virtually every other vice known to man in the 300-year history of the expansion of the original 13 Colonies into a Nation which now embraces more than three million square miles and 50 States cannot be denied,” grudgingly conceded a U.S. Senate committee on Indian Affairs.

How did the U.S. colonizers usurp Native Indian lands? The pattern was already in place by 1713 with the Treaty of Utrecht, which established a “buffer” zone of Native Indian land between French and British colonial powers. Caught between the two, Native Indians defended their homes, families and lands with understandable ferocity against an invasion by Euroamerican colonizers who ignored the treaty and settled in the buffer zone. Characterizing Native Indian resistance as unprovoked attacks on peaceful settlers, the invaders demanded U.S. Army protection from the “uncivilized savages.”

Forced eviction, relocation and starvation were among the atrocities committed by the U.S. government to carry out its genocide. Native Indians were removed at gunpoint from their homes and forced to resettle on reservations whose total area was only a small fraction of their ancestral lands. Some Indian nations were deliberately divided, such as the Cheyenne and the Seminole, separating relatives and extended families from one another by great distances. The viscously cruel tactic of destroying food crops and slaughtering buffalo led to the starvation and near extinction of many American Indian nations.

And if forced eviction, relocation and starvation proved insufficient to break the Native Indian will to resist, then the U.S. Cavalry supplemented by settler militias were called in with Howitzers to execute a massacre. One such bloodbath occurred in November of 1864, when 700 militiamen, many of them drunk, surrounded and attacked a peaceful Cheyenne and Arapaho village at Sand Creek, Colorado. At the end of the one-sided battle, 200 Native Indians had been killed and mutilated, over half women and children.

Looking at the methods employed by the Zionist colonizers against Palestinians, one immediately sees parallels to those used by the U.S. government to exterminate Native Indian peoples. The same methods of massacres, forced eviction, relocation and starvation used to colonize native lands in the U.S. have been employed in Palestine.

In March of 1948, Zionist forces launched a systematic plan to ethnically cleanse Palestine of its indigenous population. Heavily armed Zionist militias seized control of numerous multiethnic cities such as Jaffa, Haifa Safat and Tiberias, and ruthlessly drove out native Palestinian inhabitants. Massacres took place in Deir Yasin, where 100 men women and children were killed, Tantura, where 200 men were murdered and in 368 other Palestinian villages and cities. By the winter of 1948, 90 percent of the native population--some 750,000 Palestinians--had been turned into refugees.

Ethnic cleansing continued and by 1952, Palestinians had been forcibly evicted from another 40 villages. Settlements were built on top of the rubble of the 370 villages destroyed in 1948 to obliterate all evidence of the former Palestinian residents. Not satisfied with the Palestinian territory it occupied, “Israel” attacked Egypt and Jordan in 1967, seizing Jerusalem, the Golan Heights, the West Bank and Gaza, creating another 275,000 Palestinian refugees.

Currently, “Israel” is tightening its grip on the Occupied West Bank aided by U.S. and E.U.-trained security forces, and is starving out Gazans, denying them desperately-needed food and medical supplies, with its ongoing blockade helped by Egypt’s new steel wall. Like the American Indians of the 18th century caught between French and British colonizers, Gazans today find themselves caught between the U.S.-supported Israeli-Zionist regime and the U.S.-controlled Egyptian dictatorship, while Palestinians in the West Bank are squeezed between U.S. “ally” Jordan and the apartheid wall.

Great Lakota Nation leader Russell Means, speaking to American Indian students in 1995, reminded them, “At Wounded Knee in 1973, we were surrounded by the armed might of the United States of America, the most militarily powerful country in the world, but we were free.” Similarly, Palestinians in Gaza and the Occupied West Bank may be surrounded by the armed might of the U.S.-financed Zionists, but they too will be free.

“The white man knows that he is alien and he knows that North America is Indian,” observes Native American scholar Vine Deloria, Jr. Similarly, the Eurozionist colonizer knows that he is alien and that “Israel” is Palestinian.

Someday, Palestine will be free of Eurozionist colonizers, the Americas will be free of Euroamerican colonizers and indigenous people everywhere will be free to exercise their right of self-determination.

Someday, the United States, Britain, Israel, France and all who are complicit in colonizing lands belonging to Native American Indians, Palestinians and other indigenous peoples around the world will be held accountable for their crimes.

Yuram Abdullah Weiler is a freelance writer and political critic who has written many articles on the Middle East and U.S. policy. Yuram resides in Denver, Colorado USA with his wife. He contributed this article to PalestineChronicle.com, where it first appeared. This article is reprinted with permission.

Source: http://www.eurasiareview.com/2010/03...ls.html]Native Indian Genocide: Parallels In Palestine | Eurasia Review
You are another one who thinks America was the only continet on the planet taken from another group through war. Look around will ya, every continent had this happen..More than once.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
white woman not leave. not give up fry bread. Not give up conversation with big burro. White woman STAY !

Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
neither do I but it is still being trodden none-the-less. Also, if you think about it...there was no God here to begin with, and there is no God here now...wouldn't that explain allot of what both happened and is still happening, today?
Well, the Natives did not have Jesus or God in the sense that we know about it now...but they did still believe in a higher power and did a lot of praying and soul searching. And they definately took better care of the land than it is being cared for now-which is really sad.

As far as there being no God here-I don't think that is necesarily true, God is everywhere if people just accept him, this country is not totally atheist. But I do see where your coming from. Many people do not have God or goddness in their hearts and that is what is polluting this country, both physically and emotionally.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 PM

3,489 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Just read though the entire thread. There's nothing like a dose of bigotry and hatred to make your whole day...

Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Going by your criteria, there's no such thing as a native American, or European, or Australian, or Asian. After all, we all originated from Africa and the Middle East, did we not?

Personally, I don't give a lot of stock to ancestry. I prefer to define myself by who I am and what I do, not who my forefathers were and what they did.

Did you actually read a word of what he said?

native British, French, Italian people etc. are native to their countries because their culture originated in those countries. English didn't sprout up in other countries until the British brought it to them. It's a pretty simple concept, which leads me to believe that you simply didn't read (or at least internalize) a word of the post.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
So, when this inevitably ends badly for the natives, will it again be the evil long knives fault? I have both European and Commanche blood in my veins. Whose side should I take?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphels View Post
You are another one who thinks America was the only continet on the planet taken from another group through war. Look around will ya, every continent had this happen..More than once.
My English forefathers were enslaved by the French Normans in 1066. I am still waiting for my 40 acres and a mule in Normandy.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:06 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
They in fact tried to do just that long ago. it resulted in total defeat. I just wander how they think they are now going to do it. Arizona dream or some has hit the fire water too hard.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Every people group was an immigrant at one time or another - including the Native Americans. They migrated, killed and conquered each other all the time. They aren't an angelic race, at one with their environment, like some would have us believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies