Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times

Advertisements

Michael Medved : No Political Future for an All-White G.O.P - Townhall.com

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
There never was an all white GOP.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
And why is this posted in illegal immigration? Illegals are not even supposed to vote. Miscategorized?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And why is this posted in illegal immigration? Illegals are not even supposed to vote. Miscategorized?
The majority of Hispanics nationwide, including citizens, oppose mass deportations and racial profiling.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The majority of Hispanics nationwide, including citizens, oppose mass deportations and racial profiling.
Who cares what the hispanics oppose or endorse, citizens or illegals? You are posting an article about the future of the GOP - and it is speculative to boot.

I repeat - what has this to do with illegal immigration, and who really cares about a fantasized all-white GOP? You again seem stuck on race.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Who cares what the hispanics oppose or endorse, citizens or illegals? You are posting an article about the future of the GOP - and it is speculative to boot.

I repeat - what has this to do with illegal immigration, and who really cares about a fantasized all-white GOP? You again seem stuck on race.
What does language have to do with the legality issue in immigration. What about culture? Legal immigrants from Mexico speak the same language as illegals, legal immigrants from Mexico share the same culture. Yet these two issues take front and center on this forum. You don't have a problem with those posts. I saw another post about the government not caring about White people. What about that post? Didn't see you complain about that one. What waving flags? What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
What does language have to do with the legality issue in immigration. What about culture? Legal immigrants from Mexico speak the same language as illegals, legal immigrants from Mexico share the same culture. Yet these two issues take front and center on this forum. You don't have a problem with those posts. I saw another post about the government not caring about White people. What about that post? Didn't see you complain about that one. What waving flags? What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

White people, white people, here - let me complain about white people - that seems to be what is lacking from the illegal immigration forum according to you.

Stop making this an issue of race, or an issue of political persuasion. It is neither - those who favor the enforcement of our immigration laws come from every race/ethnicity/background, many are bilingual/trilingual/polyglots, and the full spectrum of political leanings are represented among them.

Your rhetoric is tired and inaccurate. And this thread still isn't appropriately categorized.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Way to be a race baiter.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
White people don't care about race, get over your crap. The majority don't care about race and the ones who truly hate legal Mexicans are just redneck idiots anyways. Its not about race it is illegal/legal, please get over your stupid "racism" excuse and learn to come up with a real debate.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Most of us white folks in the USA are not exactly pedigreed purebreads, anyhow-- something many people fail to understand. Yeah there are some prejudiced white folks (witness suburban sprawl, 'redneck idiots' et al) but race is really not the main issue in immigration control.

I have trouble with Medved and his anti-gay rhetoric myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies