Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
I've made enough of a case to satisfy anyone with an open mind that the Bible is historically accurate and that Christ was a historical figure.
Ummm....no, not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 03:44 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He said nothing of the kind.
He made an absurd allegation based on nothing.
He won't come back.

You have no idea that he has any experience in this type of issue; he did not state that he did. You're simply making up excuses for him, as it apparently suits your agenda.

Knock yourself out, his history speaks for itself.
Ummmm......you either didn't read my post carefully or if you did, you put your own interpretation on what I said because you are making accusations against me that have nothing to back them up. Perhaps for YOUR agenda???

Old 05-12-2010, 04:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
I see the title has been changed. Good.

But still, has Sailor Dave provided any proof that it was a liberal nutcase?

Old 05-12-2010, 04:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Ummmm......you either didn't read my post carefully or if you did, you put your own interpretation on what I said because you are making accusations against me that have nothing to back them up. Perhaps for YOUR agenda???
Oh, I read your post.
My agenda is to have him back up his allegation; you know, show some integrity in posting.
You don't seem to have the same agenda.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh, I read your post.
My agenda is to have him back up his allegation; you know, show some integrity in posting.
You don't seem to have the same agenda.
Hmm, liberals fought for roughly ten years in court to get the cross, a memorial to soldiers who fought and died in World War One, removed. Within one week of the Supreme Court Decision ruled against them, someone removed all the wood that hid the cross, cut the steel bolts that held the cross in place, and removed the large cross all within a week of the US Supreme Court's decision that so angered the liberals who fought so hard to get the cross removed.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hmm, liberals fought for roughly ten years in court to get the cross, a memorial to soldiers who fought and died in World War One, removed. Within one week of the Supreme Court Decision ruled against them, someone removed all the wood that hid the cross, cut the steel bolts that held the cross in place, and removed the large cross all within a week of the US Supreme Court's decision that so angered the liberals who fought so hard to get the cross removed.
Would you be ok with the symbol of Paganism or Islam or Hinduism next to the Cross for solders of those faiths who died? Just wondering.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Would you be ok with the symbol of Paganism or Islam or Hinduism next to the Cross for solders of those faiths who died? Just wondering.
If that is a symbol of their faith then why not. It's already being done in national cemetaries on the headstone of the fallen. Veterans of Foreign Wars selected the cross as the symbol of their memorial, not a particular religion. I agree a better symbol could have been chosen but that wasn't my choice. For WW1 I would have chosen a statue that has the boots, rifle, and helmet of WW1 soldiers placed in the traditional position along with a same era soldier kneeling before the boots, rifle, helmet along with a bronze plate stating the reason for the memorial. Don't like the cross for the momorial, speak with the VFW about a more fitting memorial in place of the cross. Instead, ACLU took them to court for a decade over the cross.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
I don't give a rat's patootie about the political/religious viewpoints of those who stole this cross. It is irrelevant.

Whoever did so, is a criminal. Got it? Criminal.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
1934 was not only a different era from today but it was also the middle of the Great Depression. There wasn't a lot of money floating around during that time and the cross was probably the best they could do at the time and with limited funds. It was a labor of love and the people that have been maintaining the memorial in recent years are, presumably, motivated by a similar devotion to honoring fallen combat veterans.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If that is a symbol of their faith then why not. It's already being done in national cemetaries on the headstone of the fallen. Veterans of Foreign Wars selected the cross as the symbol of their memorial, not a particular religion. I agree a better symbol could have been chosen but that wasn't my choice. For WW1 I would have chosen a statue that has the boots, rifle, and helmet of WW1 soldiers placed in the traditional position along with a same era soldier kneeling before the boots, rifle, helmet along with a bronze plate stating the reason for the memorial. Don't like the cross for the momorial, speak with the VFW about a more fitting memorial in place of the cross. Instead, ACLU took them to court for a decade over the cross.
Sounds good. I dont have any objections to religious memorials even on tax money AS LONG AS ALL religions are represented equally. There shouldn't be just a Chrisitan, Hindu, Islamic monopoly on anything.

I would like a nice beautiful flag as a memorial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies