Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's little more than an email forward, hardly a post.

Of course nothing on that list started until Obama was president, right?
The only thing I saw including Obama in that post was the asking him to help out to make the illegal entry more easy to accomplish. You just can't let something like this slip by without accusing the poster of taking a lib type dig at your president, can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Nice job of cutting and pasting someone else's material!

You really should supply at least a link when you take from others.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Those are good points...Too bad they will probably be ignored by this crowd.

I've been to Mexico City multiple times and I've never had any problems. Apparently a lot of Americans think all of Mexico is either like Juarez or like Cancun--drug war barrios or tourist resort. Truth is that Mexico has it's good areas and it's bad areas. Personally, I've felt safe in most of the places in Southern Mexico I've travelled.
Maybe you could lead some of the deportment groups when they are shipped to south Mexico to get them as far from the border as possible. Would that be something you would like to do?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Most of the people squealing the loudest are from the stix. They see a real live Mexican and start to tremble.
I am from the sticks and see plenty of Mexican-American citizens, many of the fourth and fifth generations but I also get to see plenty of illegals and know how they act when an ICE vehicle pulls up. I wonder how many of them would have scattered and run back in the day when ICE trucks were delivering real ice. That activity is a sure sign of fear from having committed an illegality.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Dear President Obama:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the US. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the US. flag from my housetop, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the US. from Mexico I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

You're the man!!!

P.S. I hear that otherwise, they are not as kind as you with illegals who enter Mexico and throw them in jail for two years the first time and then for 10-years if they dare re-enter. For starters. So your letter would really be appreciated.
Don't forget the dice hanging from your rear view mirror.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Now, now, don't confuse them with facts! Those are scary things for them!! Oh fer cryin' out loud. I lived in Mexico for a year and a half, in the middle of an entirely Mexican neighborhood and never once felt fearful for my life. Most people could speak at least a little English and every restaurant's menus were available in English.

And Mexico's Constitution calls for health care for everyone, using a "hybrid" system that is paid partially by the government, partially by businesses and partially by employee contributions.
Did you move to Mexico with only the shirt on your back? Did you move there to find a job, so you could send money back to your family in the states? Did you have no respect for the laws of Mexico? Did you sneak under the fence to enter Mexico? If you answered yes to any of these questions, I doubt Mexico would welcome you with open arms.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
They might be open firearms.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you could lead some of the deportment groups when they are shipped to south Mexico to get them as far from the border as possible. Would that be something you would like to do?
Sure Roy. Whatever it takes to get as far away as possible from ignorant hayseeds in Kansas who've never travelled anywhere in their boring lives. Believe me, I'd much rather be drinking margaritas on some beach in Oaxaca than have to listen to the ignoramuses on both sides of the political spectrum is this country.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Sure Roy. Whatever it takes to get as far away as possible from ignorant hayseeds in Kansas who've never travelled anywhere in their boring lives. Believe me, I'd much rather be drinking margaritas on some beach in Oaxaca than have to listen to the ignoramuses on both sides of the political spectrum is this country.
I have always been afraid of Montezuma's Revenge so never took the trouble to go to Mexico and sure won't these days.

I have been to Europe, North Africa and Canada but somehow just don't have a desire to go to Mexico. I guess you just don't like to think that the hicks in Kansas can possibly be anything but red necks, huh. You aren't at all likely to be some kind of a racist or other klnd of hater of people who don't think like you are, are you? This post appears that you may be a bit like that.

BTW, what is keeping you from going back to Mexico?

Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have always been afraid of Montezuma's Revenge so never took the trouble to go to Mexico and sure won't these days.

I have been to Europe, North Africa and Canada but somehow just don't have a desire to go to Mexico. I guess you just don't like to think that the hicks in Kansas can possibly be anything but red necks, huh. You aren't at all likely to be some kind of a racist or other klnd of hater of people who don't think like you are, are you? This post appears that you may be a bit like that.

BTW, what is keeping you from going back to Mexico?
Hope you were going for irony, teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies