Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
These boards can get very pathetic. I never once try to insult somebody for their personal views. Yesterday I made a sarcastic post about Reagan. Then some out of control jackass came out and made a post about how I am some vile, disgusting, uneducated human, who sites on welfare, and does nothing for society. I can't believe some people have such simplistic and low intelligence that they can easily label somebody and come up with insults on another's character through a internet message board simply because they can make a funny about a ex president.

The Post;

Kind of ticks me off since I worked since I was 16, worked hard to get a engineering degree, am pretty much middle of the road, consider myself libertarian, and never once need any assistance from the government, and that includes unemployment.
You know whats funny? I saw your post yesterday and was like "I think he is a conservative...."

I am so sorry that someone told you that.

It ticks me off when people assume I am just a lazy ass liberal who does nothing. Granted I am young (21) BUT I have been working since I was 15. My schedule was Mon-Fri school and then Sat-Sun 8 hour shifts at Burger King. I have been working ever since and still do while attending university for Marketing in Business.

I think it is important to realize that we all don't fall in that category. There are lazy liberals and conservatives. No doubt about it. Once again, sorry for what you were told. I don't agree with Reagan but he is a man who was our President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
That "liberals" are liberal.
Good one, I think it was probably lost on a few though.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
"Could be a Democrat infiltrator for all we know."

Sure it is....

Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 PM

59 posts, read 149,773 times
That liberals support personal liberty, or that conservatives believe in smaller government. Or of course, that all liberals think alike or all conservatives think alike.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Please share your favorite political generalization. I'll start:

Liberals hate those who are successful.

Then please explain why the majority of people in my district are considered "wealthy" and "liberal?" The same can be said about a lot of other districts on the coasts and large cities.

Anyone else want to share?
I love the generalization by talk radio and Faux News entertainers that ANYONE who criticized Bush was a 'liberal' and ANYONE who supports Obama in any way is a 'liberal'. The best of all was the tag given to ANYONE critical of the Iraq war as being...take your pick:

'America-hating'
'Bleeding-heart'
'Wanting defeat'
'Terrorist-loving'
'Un-patriotic'...and on and on

Old 06-03-2010, 10:37 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I love the generalization by talk radio and Faux News entertainers that ANYONE who criticized Bush was a 'liberal' and ANYONE who supports Obama in any way is a 'liberal'. The best of all was the tag given to ANYONE critical of the Iraq war as being...take your pick:

'America-hating'
'Bleeding-heart'
'Wanting defeat'
'Terrorist-loving'
'Un-patriotic'...and on and on
This.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I'm too brain dead after a long day at work to think of anything clever, but this is a great thread.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,041 times
That it is conservative to support wars, interven in other countries and support free-trade.

Actually that was the "liberal" thing to do until the hippies took over the Democratic Party in the 60s/70s and pushed all the neo-cons over to the GOP. Now we're stuck with all their crap.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
That it is conservative to support wars, interven in other countries and support free-trade.

Actually that was the "liberal" thing to do until the hippies took over the Democratic Party in the 60s/70s and pushed all the neo-cons over to the GOP. Now we're stuck with all their crap.
30 years later hippie is an evil word...I think 'neo-con' will replace the hippie in the next 10-20 years or so...Send them all to a remote, desert island.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrykein View Post
that conservatives believe in smaller government.
It's kind of hard to call "small government" overthrowing governments around the World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies