Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times

Advertisements

If a week is a long time in politics then two and a half years is an eternity.

It is a foolish person who tries to predict that far out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,601 times
I'm not sure why I or anyone else is responding to this hogwash. EVERYONE that I know who voted for Obama in the last election will NOT be voting for him again.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm unsure that Obama would want another term considering the harassment, meager pay for the colossal job with life and death consequences for an entire nation. The job is a lot easier for sociopaths who could care less about the responsibility bestowed the position.

I think that your last sentence describes Obama perfectly. And when has he taken repsonsibility for anything? He just blames Bush.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
This kind of foggy faux reality witnessed in the true believer, the sincere but bloated optimism of an Obama crusader.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
3. Any attempt at systemic overhaul is being blocked by so-called conservatives too vested in keeping status quo (the very thing that got us in this mess).
same could be said for the so-called liberals...they're both too vested in keeping status quo.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:05 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If a week is a long time in politics then two and a half years is an eternity.

It is a foolish person who tries to predict that far out
Except righties, of course, who have issued all sorts of predictions. Everything from Obama "not having a snowball's chance in hell of being elected" to, "Obama will fail!", "Brown will kill HC", to "We will take back Congress in November!"

Hehehe.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Over 110 MILLION people voted in the 2008 election, that poll may have asked 1000 people.....

And you think that gives a accurate representation of what who will win in 2012?

LOL!
You probably could have done yourself a favor by not writing this post. A sample size of ~1200 is the nationally recognized standard for this nation's population at a 95% confidence level.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I had to make this thread, because on this board (and in real-life) I've been hearing from Conservatives/Republicans that America only has to deal with Obama until 2012 (insinuating and at times directly saying Obama is a ONE-TERM President).
I've got news for you all, Obama will WIN a REELECTION in 2012. EASILY!

You tea-party/Conservative whiners need to realize that just because your undying biased hatred for our President has clouded your ability to see everything good about Obama and the good job he is doing.
MOST OF AMERICANS aren't haters like you all are!

When it comes time to vote, the larger percentage of Americans will see how much BETTER America will be in 2012 than it was in 2008.
That is all thats going to matter!

Americans will realize (even more than they do now) that Obama came in after one of the worst Presidents in the modern era;
SAVED the economy, passed long awaited Healthcare reform, lowered overall taxes for the middle-class.... in addition to the the upcoming Obama initiatives that will benefit America!

You Tea party whiners can only fear-monger for so long! You can only cry wolf and cry that Armageddon is upon us for so long!

All that B.S. noise will fall on deaf ears for majority of Americans.

When America has FULLY recovered (by 2012) (jobs, economy, etc...), no one is going to care how in debt America is!

CRY all you want but its true! No one cared for the LAST 30 years about America's growing deficit! No one cared when Reagan ran up the bill! No one cared when Carter ran up the bill! NO one cared when H Bush ran up the bill!

No one give a d*mn when GW Bush ran up the bill to unforeseen heights!

Guess what? No one will care when Obama does it!

90% of Americans would rather the country be riddled in debt BUT America's ECONOMY be STRONG! (Stock market, jobs, opportunities, etc...)
THAN
America to pay the debt all the way down BUT be in a similar Economic CRISIS (like 2007); where jobs, businesses, homes disappear leaving the country in a huge panic!
NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEBT. THEY ONLY CARE WHATS GOING ON AROUND THEM!

My last point to speak on Obama being easily reelected in 2012, is YOUR PARTY DOESN'T have a LEADER OR even have a formidable CHALLENGER to Obama!
No one out of the Conservative/Republican/Tea-party can match/beat Obama in a debate, let alone a Presidential Election!

Are you guys serious? Do you really think Sarah Palin (who couldn't finish her term as Governor) could beat Obama (one of the smartest political minds since Bill Clinton, Reagan)????
Palin would get embarrassed WORST than she did in the 2008 Election!
Although I like Palin, Huckabee, and especially Romney; we all know that either of these and any other Republican SCRUBS you can find.

The 2012 election will be a landslide for Obama!

That is all! Carry on!

I agree. After 8 horrific years of Bush, one would think that Republicans would recreate themselves into a BETTER version, admit their past ineffectiveness and worthlessness, and actually come up with an entirely new approach. Instead, they hang their future on that racist airhead from podunk Sarah Palin, and do whatever they can so Dems will fail. They want to make themselves look good by MAKING THE OTHER SIDE FAIL, NOT BY BEING BETTER. Quite a pathetic party this country has been plagued with.

President Obama here for the 2-term duration, no question.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:27 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,532 times
Obama only has to do 3 things

1. End the wars

2. Improve the Economy

3. Keep America Safe so he can say "There were no terrorist attacks on US soil during my watch."

Old 05-13-2010, 03:33 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Except righties, of course, who have issued all sorts of predictions. Everything from Obama "not having a snowball's chance in hell of being elected" to, "Obama will fail!", "Brown will kill HC", to "We will take back Congress in November!"

Hehehe.
Obama HAS failed, so far. Deficit this April is 4 times last......how's that for recovery? Brown would have killed HC, if the Dems hadn't resorted to tricks and questionable maneuvering to slam it through. And now we're seeing that the cost is significantly more than Obama said it would be - FAIL. November isn't here yet, so can't make it for certain, but almost a guarantee another FAIL - Republicans will pick up a LOT of seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies