Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I have...

It's amusing how the leftists think that anybody that disagrees with them is simply uneducated. There's a name for that - it's called elitism, and you're demonstrating it nicely.
I can read also, dude - and have.

Now - explain your U.N slant that you brought up earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
1. Republicans are Fiscal Conservatives

The party of Bush and Reagan has exploded deficits over the last thirty years while the one “tax-and-spend liberal” in office during that period left office boasting a massive budget surplus.

2. Republicans are Strong on National Security

So where is the proof that the GOP can win wars or keep our country safe? It was Democrats who won World War I and II,

3. Republicans Defend Individual Rights

Let me ask you this: what good will the Second Amendment do you without the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth?

4. Republicans Represent Family Values

It’s conservatives who manage to wrack up new financial and sexual scandals month after month with all-too-predictable consistency.

5. Republicans Just Want Everyone to Have the Same Opportunities

It’s clear now that with Republicans in power, predatory businessmen and idiotic ideologues are always first among equals - and when the check comes due, it’s the people, not the powerful, who pay.

The Five Biggest Republican Lies - The Seminal :: Independent Media and Politics
Which is why the term RINO was used to refer to so many republicans, and why so many of them were kicked to the curb over the past decade.

At least the conservatives in the republican party are unafraid to point out the RINOs and refuse to reelect them, the democrats need to be unafraid to do the same with the progressives in their party.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:13 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Most Republican office holders are corporate toadies.
...and the too many democrats are union toadies. So what's your point?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:15 PM

667 posts, read 940,131 times
Quote:

The party of Bush and Reagan has exploded deficits over the last thirty years while the one “tax-and-spend liberal” in office during that period left office boasting a massive budget surplus.

So where is the proof that the GOP can win wars or keep our country safe? It was Democrats who won World War I and II,

Let me ask you this: what good will the Second Amendment do you without the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth?

It’s conservatives who manage to wrack up new financial and sexual scandals month after month with all-too-predictable consistency.

It’s clear now that with Republicans in power, predatory businessmen and idiotic ideologues are always first among equals - and when the check comes due, it’s the people, not the powerful, who pay.

The Five Biggest Republican Lies - The Seminal :: Independent Media and Politics
What's about The Five Thousands Biggest Democrat's Lies?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Which is why the term RINO was used to refer to so many republicans, and why so many of them were kicked to the curb over the past decade.

At least the conservatives in the republican party are unafraid to point out the RINOs and refuse to reelect them, the democrats need to be unafraid to do the same with the progressives in their party.
Sounds to me like the republicans are intentionally reducing their numbers to the point that they will never win another election.

That's a real good plan for not getting blamed for anything, but it really sucks as far as being effective at governing or pushing through any proposals.

Refusing to talk to anyone who disagrees with you is childish on a good day and destructive on a bad one. That may be why the Rs have no viable candidate warming up for 2012, hmmm?

Old 05-14-2010, 04:35 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Do a bit of reading, and you will find that the reason we didn't invade Iraq then was that Bush 41 (who headed the CIA and was well-versed in the ways if the world, as well as being a battle-hardened veteran) called off the dogs because he correctly predicted the outcome of such folly as full-scale invasion. He knew we would become bogged down in a Viet Nam without a jungle and bankrupt the country.

It's a shame he didn't beat some sense into his offspring.
Yep and Cheney is on video tape back then saying it would have become a quagmire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY

But they will still hold on to the convenient UN line of reasoning.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Here's a couple more lies;
I just a have wide stance.
No I'm not gay, this rentboy is just here to handle my bags.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:22 PM

471 posts, read 807,161 times
Quote:
It was Democrats who won World War I and II,
It was democrats back then who proved isolationism doesn't work. Of course you folks don't learn from history.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:

Clinton left no surplus. That is a myth. Bush's deficits pale in comparison to Obama's. Quit lying!
Quote:

Let's talk about recent history. Carter drastically cut the military, and so did Clinton. Barrack Insane Obama is doing the same thing.
Quote:

Your point?
Quote:

Really?
Many Democrats have been involved in both. Who had all the money in the freezer? Franklin Raines? Chris Dodd? Barney Frank? The "Breck Girl"? Harry Reid? Blogo? Barrack Obama? Many more. Quit lying!
Quote:

Sure, sure. Get your facts right. Then come back. You are a propagandist of the worst kind.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You are a propagandist of the worst kind.
The worst kind?

From your perspective, then, the "worst kind" would be one who posts incontrovertible facts that are inconvenient to your viewpoint.

With that in mind, as the rest of us already knew, The lady is Spot On.

Word of the day: "Don't let hatred cloud your reasoning ability"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies