Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,496,591 times

Advertisements

The question was if I would prefer Mexico's immigration laws in the United States. Without knowledge of those laws, I cannot forward an opinion. If you want me to answer the question--provide me with the laws.

You did not provide me with a credible source. You did not provide me with a google link to a source. You provided me with a google search page.

Credible. Source.

You did not state anything which could be objectively measured to be correct or incorrect.

Quote:
Mexican Immigration laws....
1. in the country legally;
2. have the means to sustain themselves economically;
3. not destined to be burdens on society;
4. of economic and social benefit to society;
5. of good character and have no criminal records; and
6. contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:
1. immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
2. foreign visitors do not violate their visa status; foreign visitors are
3. banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
4. foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
5. foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported; those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

So, I have provided you with the Mexican Immigration laws....

Do you agree....

YES or NO?

If you are not willing to answer yes or no, then do not answer anymore. Do not try to run around questions or say that I am wrong....
[Citation Needed] Based on what you've provided--No, these are not acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 AM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
The question was if I would prefer Mexico's immigration laws in the United States. Without knowledge of those laws, I cannot forward an opinion. If you want me to answer the question--provide me with the laws.

You did not provide me with a credible source. You did not provide me with a google link to a source. You provided me with a google search page.

Credible. Source.

You did not state anything which could be objectively measured to be correct or incorrect.

[Citation Needed] Based on what you've provided--No, these are not acceptable.

I provided you a link to a google search page so you could pick which website you wanted to go to...did you not understand that...pick your own...because I did not want to hear you cry about me giving you a Rush page or other page you would disagree with...You get it I gave YOU the option to pick which page you recieved your informtation from....

So since these are not acceptable laws, and Mexico enforces them...they would even enforce them on you or me...WHY can we not do the same?

Please tell me what the difference is? Mexicos laws ARE much more strick than ours...But Mexico says that our are to strict and now we are racist becasue of that?

Someone needs to rethink their views...

Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I provided you a link to a google search page so you could pick which website you wanted to go to...did you not understand that...pick your own...because I did not want to hear you cry about me giving you a Rush page or other page you would disagree with...You get it I gave YOU the option to pick which page you recieved your informtation from....
Perhaps you should pick a certified source--such as a federal website.

Quote:
So since these are not acceptable laws, and Mexico enforces them...they would even enforce them on you or me...WHY can we not do the same?
American's are not immigrating to Mexico for labor purposes. They go to Mexico (generally, almost exclusively) for retirement. Different goals.

Quote:
Please tell me what the difference is? Mexicos laws ARE much more strick than ours...But Mexico says that our are to strict and now we are racist becasue of that?

Someone needs to rethink their views...
You're right. Let me know when you do.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM

177 posts, read 303,736 times
Feel free to come up with another bull**** reason why you're so adamantly against illegal immigration.[/quote]

WHAT? It being illegal is not enough for you?
If people can come here illegally and get by with it, I want to know what law, I as an American, can break without any consequences.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,674,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
They remember 9/11, they remember Sadam Hussein going into Kuwait with his Red Guards, taking civilians as human shields, scorching the earth with one of history's worse act of environmental sabatoge, Many of the his supporters, and those very same soldiers, are now working in terrorism, nearly 20 million people in the USA illegally and without any form of supervision or knowledge of who the freak they actually are, nor do we know who is actually here....Need I go on?

Maybe, what the people in this country are simply asking for is that the government starts acting like resonsible adults rather than unrealistically idealistic 15 year olds.

PS - Don't forget that President Obama and the gang are also part of many of the acts that you are presenting as unconstitutional...So, why are your associating them with the Tea Party?

That is very nice and well thought out...
Few questions... any reason we (the united states) act like 15 yr olds, support saddam gave him weapons to take over IRAN, Teh united states CIA over threw IRAN government in 1954. We supported and trained Osama Bin Liden in the OCCUPATION FROM RUSSIA :-)
Lets be responsible adults and just understand a few things and the harder we try and "nation build" and interfere with the middle east our current friends become our worst enemies. America soldiers and US tax payers are paying the price and generations of debit and government expanison is the price.
I'm not blaming America I'm just point out history of which it appears we have many 15yr olds who appear to have memory loss and dont like to see the TRUTH!

To point out as well from Obama or Bush to Clinton and even REAGAN dont know what in the hell they are doing in that god forsaken region.

"Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.

In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believed the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today"

RONALD REAGAN!

Get the hell out of that region the US constitution lives even if IRAQ is run by crazy people! I have my guns and if we are attacked

Old 05-20-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:

I gave YOU the choice, see, even when given the choice you complain about it...I said PICK YOUR OWN website....and you got mad...go figure....

American's are not immigrating to Mexico for labor purposes. They go to Mexico (generally, almost exclusively) for retirement. Different goals.

So this is your arguing point? LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh and by the way....if you did retire there YOU WOULD HAVE TO SHOW PAPER THAT YOU LIVE THERE...If asked for them....

HA HA...it sucks when you, Konraden, cannot even defend your own position on a law that is being enforced in another country, the same law ( but not as restrictive as theirs) that we are trying to enforce in the United Sates, but yet the president of that country says we are being racist....When HIS own laws are more strict then ours...much more....
My answers are in BOLD above...Your done in this argument....GO away...

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Quote:
Feel free to come up with another bull**** reason why you're so adamantly against illegal immigration.
WHAT? It being illegal is not enough for you?
If people can come here illegally and get by with it, I want to know what law, I as an American, can break without any consequences.
Considering the American economy requires hoards of unskilled immigrant workers--perhaps something that allows them to immigrate here legally with minimal paperwork would make more sense. Current immigration laws are bull****. They are unjust.

As for you, I can guarantee you break laws every day of your life--without even knowing it, or consciously aware of it--and get away without consequence. I can guarantee you do.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden

I gave YOU the choice, see, even when given the choice you complain about it...I said PICK YOUR OWN website....and you got mad...go figure....
Quote:
So this is your arguing point? LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
HA HA...it sucks when you, Konraden, cannot even defend your own position on a law that is being enforced in another country, the same law ( but not as restrictive as theirs) that we are trying to enforce in the United Sates, but yet the president of that country says we are being racist....When HIS own laws are more strict then ours...much more....

My answers are in BOLD above...Your done in this argument....GO away...
You didn't provide me with a certifiable source on Mexican immigration laws. You gave me a link to a search engine. It isn't my responsibility in the argument to provide myself with the counter argument to my argument. If you're too lazy to find a certifiable source on Mexican immigration laws, perhaps you shouldn't be making the argument in the first place. If you can't see a the difference between a google search and a certifiable source, well--google

If you have no counter argument the two very different purposes Americans and Mexicans immigrate to these our two nations--you are better off served avoiding the ad hominems.
TomPaine.com - Mexico's Immigration Problem

I defended my position--it isn't my duty to defend the comments of PUMS.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
You didn't provide me with a certifiable source on Mexican immigration laws. You gave me a link to a search engine. It isn't my responsibility in the argument to provide myself with the counter argument to my argument. If you're too lazy to find a certifiable source on Mexican immigration laws, perhaps you shouldn't be making the argument in the first place. If you can't see a the difference between a google search and a certifiable source, well--google

If you have no counter argument the two very different purposes Americans and Mexicans immigrate to these our two nations--you are better off served avoiding the ad hominems.
TomPaine.com - Mexico's Immigration Problem

I defended my position--it isn't my duty to defend the comments of PUMS.
I did give you a credible sources....all you had to do is pick which one....hence the GOOGLE search page (gave you your OWN choice of which website to go to)...Why would you not do that....this is my whole argument...I GAVE YOU A CHOICE AND YOU REFUSED....So I put up the laws of Mexico, because you said I need to provide them OR articulate them....I did... what you asked...and now you are whining...

I also love how you resort to name calling when you cannot defend your position...

Until you can prove what I have said wrong...with a credible source...Not the link you provided above..

..becasue that link OBVIOUSLY does not go in the direction that I want it to go....

Show me a link that proves what I posted about the Mexican laws wrong....That should be pretty easy...since you can come up with a link like the one you provided....

I do not care if it is not your job...your trying to prove me wrong...but are not willing to prove anything that proves me wrong....wonder who that's sounds like....

Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I did give you a credible sources....all you had to do is pick which one....hence the GOOGLE search page (gave you your OWN choice of which website to go to)...Why would you not do that....this is my whole argument...I GAVE YOU A CHOICE AND YOU REFUSED....So I put up the laws of Mexico, because you said I need to provide them OR articulate them....I did... what you asked...and now you are whining...

I also love how you resort to name calling when you cannot defend your position...
Stupid is as stupid does. A google search is not a source of any kind. I'm not the one using the Mexican immigration laws in my argument, hence not my responsibility to provide them.

Quote:
Until you can prove what I have said wrong...with a credible source...Not the link you provided above..

..becasue that link OBVIOUSLY does not go in the direction that I want it to go....

Show me a link that proves what I posted about the Mexican laws wrong....That should be pretty easy...since you can come up with a link like the one you provided....
You hold the Burden of Proof to show that those are accurate Mexican Laws. They are part of your argument, not mine.

Quote:
I do not care if it is not your job...your trying to prove me wrong...but are not willing to prove anything that proves me wrong....wonder who that's sounds like....
Your arguments remind me of creationism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies