U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:14 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,293 posts, read 11,000,005 times
Reputation: 10757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So one girl got runner up because she said she supported the Arizona law, just like last year another girl was punished for not supporting gay marriage.

The winner this year also answered a question with a pro-abortion stance. There is a clear libearl bias among the judges.
Somebody get me a shovel...it's getting pretty deep in here...ROFLMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My first reaction is to ask for pics so I can decide for myself who is prettier.

My second reaction is to say, "So what?" It's a fracking beauty pagent. They can be "judged" any way the pagent organizers choose.
Well yeah, Ceece, but the scores showed the runnerup ahead at the time of the question answering and that shows something very fishy to me since her answer was very PC and wasn't at all bad. Whoops, I am a right leaner so I would not mind that answer except for the PC involved in it. She did a hell of a job and some judge didn't like it.

I am saying that she won the beauty part and then they came in with the political questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! Your answer is hilarious!

Conservative girls participate in beauty pageants for the money although they can still be about small government and America??

Newsflash! These girls, who participate, want to further their own careers.

Anyone who believes they lost a pageant because of their values, should have enough self-respect to follow what they believe in rather than whine about losing. If they believe they lost because the pageant officials represent something foreign to their values, why would they want to be a part of the pageant any further?
I heard this story on TV long before the girl was interviewed so I wonder how much she whined before the media started reporting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
 
8,745 posts, read 6,376,989 times
Reputation: 3329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So one girl got runner up because she said she supported the Arizona law, just like last year another girl was punished for not supporting gay marriage.

The winner this year also answered a question with a pro-abortion stance. There is a clear libearl bias among the judges.
:c rying:

Don't like the beauty pageant? Don't watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by theberserkergang View Post
You mean like the famous Carrie Prejean?
Yeah, the one who said that she agrees with me about gay marriage. She merely answered with her feelings and got taken. That makes two years in succession.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
 
9,986 posts, read 8,335,060 times
Reputation: 3513
Does the OP have evidence that the one question was the deciding factor? From what I could tell, the Miss Michigan who won was way more beautiful than any of the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Who the hell cares? I was staring at her boobs.
Finally you say something I can agree with. Will hell freeze over tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 PM
 
Location: NC
191 posts, read 17,148 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So one girl got runner up because she said she supported the Arizona law, just like last year another girl was punished for not supporting gay marriage.

The winner this year also answered a question with a pro-abortion stance. There is a clear libearl bias among the judges.

This may be (and probably is) true. However, its a private organization. Its their decision, so I really dont see the big deal. People dont have to watch, attend or get involved in it if they dont want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Apparently, privately owned and run beauty pageants are serious business and have a responsibility to the American people. Even though they are just a business, making money.

For some people.

By the way, Trump is co-owner of the pageant and he endorsed McCain.
Endorsing Juan McCain is pretty low when he didn't have to . I voted for Juan because there was no other viable choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,933 posts, read 11,634,334 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Does the OP have evidence that the one question was the deciding factor? From what I could tell, the Miss Michigan who won was way more beautiful than any of the others.
I heard some woman on TV say that at the question point the Okie was ahead on points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top