Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times

Advertisements

Can they be anymore hypocritical?

Quote:
Eight-term Rep. Mark Souder will announce his resignation Tuesday after it came to light that he was conducting an affair with a female aide who worked in his district office, Fox News has learned.

Multiple senior House sources indicated that the extent of the affair with the 45-year-old staffer would have landed Souder before the House Ethics Committee.

Elected as a family values conservative as part of the Republican revolution in 1994, Souder survived a tough re-election challenge in 2008 and survived a contested primary two weeks ago.
FOXNews.com - Exclusive: Indiana Rep. Mark Souder to Resign Amid Affair With Staffer

Souder was endorsed by local Teabagger leaders:

Local tea party leaders back Walorski, Souder, Stutzman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Good. From a GOP point of view, flush these people out.

Better now than an ambush two weeks before the election.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Good. From a GOP point of view, flush these people out.

Better now than an ambush two weeks before the election.

GOP is going to be doing a lot of flushing out then. . For it appears the Republicans have an endless supply of these "family values" hypocrites.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:11 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
At least the GOP is trying to get rid of them. The Democrats embrace their cheaters and sexually deviant politicians.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
He needs to resign good

But unless he wasted tax payer money on taking her to dinner or whatever then this is between him and his family.

Democrats really should try holding their own party to the same standard they hold republicans.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Good. Get rid of all of the "do as I say, not as I do" holier-than-thou types. That would make me very happy. Both parties need a huge purge. I'll accept that purge by whatever means necessary.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
GOP is going to be doing a lot of flushing out then. . For it appears the Republicans have an endless supply of these "family values" hypocrites.
I love how each time you say something like ^ you imply that the democrat party has no values let alone family values.

I dont ever hear you talking about family values or trying to achieve them

Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
That's fine by me. These are politicians and I have no patience with their bull$*%#. Get rid of them

I would like to see the Democrats operate from such a priniciple, but since they operate from an anything-goes-mentality, we'll never see such honesty. Withness the AG in CT (and the NYT flushed him out!!!).

Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Good. Get rid of all of the "do as I say, not as I do" holier-than-thou types. That would make me very happy. Both parties need a huge purge. I'll accept that purge by whatever means necessary.
No doubt. I say we clear out Dc. Nov elections for every seat and position in Dc

Old 05-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
That's fine by me. These are politicians and I have no patience with their bull$*%#. Get rid of them

I would like to see the Democrats operate from such a priniciple, but since they operate from an anything-goes-mentality, we'll never see such honesty. Withness the AG in CT (and the NYT flushed him out!!!).
Sure, that's why the Repukes covered up the Mark Foley scandal

Now Souder says he has “sinned against God"..where have we heard that kind of fundie baloney before? Oh, I know:

YouTube - I HAVE SINNED

Citing __8216_relationship_ with staffer_ Souder to resign | The Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne, Ind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies