Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I've yet to see a post refuting every item in the OP... I just see a whole lot of "that fact is just your opinion."
I have yet to see a post proving that Glenn Beck is lying about everything he has said on his show.
But, I have seen a whole lot of deflection.
Sorry this fact.....is shared by many and not just my opinion.

Nothing to refute.......the OP is always entitled to their opinion, just as I am with mine.
Funny how that works, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 01:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I have yet to see a post proving that Glenn Beck is lying about everything he has said on his show.
Everything has to be a lie or nothing counts?

Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM

214 posts, read 120,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Everything has to be a lie or nothing counts?
let's start with 1 and go from there. Your turn....

Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
LIE: "I mean, we've got czars now," Beck said during his July 22, 2009, program. "Czars like John Holdren, who has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
Beck's accusation comes from book Holdren co-authored 30 years ago called Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment, a purely academic piece.
Truth: Dr. Holdren has never been an advocate of compulsory abortions or other repressive means of population limitation.
Presidents before Obama have had "Czars". In fact, George Bush had 45

LIE: Glenn Beck states that Racist Von Brunn is “Hero of 9/11 Truthers movement". "People like white supremacists or 9/11 Truthers that would also like to destroy the country. They’ll work with anybody they can."
Truth: Members of the 9/11 Truth community deplore all forms of hatred and violence, including the unprovoked murderous attack by James von Brunn on June 10, 2009, in the Washington Holocaust museum.

LIE: "Forget the measly $2 million he [Creamer] stole from the banks. Please, banking fraud, who hasn't done a little $2 million theft? He's here to help now, help fraud America on one sixth of the economy"
TRUTH: Judge reportedly stated no one lost any money. Contrary to Beck's claim that Creamer "stole" $2 million from banks, U.S. District Judge James B. Moran reportedly gave Creamer a lighter sentence because no one suffered any "out of pocket losses."

LIE: Glenn Beck panicked about the re-do oath of office President Obama took, because Obama did not place his hand on a Bible. “I checked. We have never had a president sworn into office without a Bible.”
TRUTH: Theodore Roosevelt took the oath of office with no Bible, but President Roosevelt was sworn in with uplifted hand. Coolidge had a Bible on a nearby table while taking the oath but did not lay his hand on it, as it is not the practice in Vermont or Massachusetts to use a Bible in connection with the administration of an oath.
John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law.

LIE: BECK: I don't even know if I've ever used the word "slaughtered." And if I used the word "slaughtered," if it wasn't in a context of Mao, Stalin, or Hitler, it was in the idea that the truth is being slaughtered by this administration... not saying that this administration is going to slaughter anyone.
GRAY: Never, never.
TRUTH: BECK: I told you yesterday, buckle up your seatbelt, America. Find the exit -- there's one here, here, and here. Find the exit closest to you and prepare for a crash landing. Because this plane is coming down, because the pilot is intentionally steering it into the trees! Most likely, it'll happen sometime after Christmas. You're gonna see this economy come up -- we're already seeing it, and now it's gonna start coming back down again. And when you see the effects of what they're doing to the economy, remember these words: We will survive. No -- we'll do better than survive, we will thrive. As long as these people are not in control. They are taking you to a place to be slaughtered!

Implication: Debra Medina is a 9/11 Truther
GLENN: Right. Here's then let me be more frank and ask you the question: Do you believe the government was any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?
MEDINA: I don't, I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't I'm not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all of the evidence there. So I've not taken a position on that.
GLENN: I think the people of America might think that might be a yes.
Truth: "The question surprised me because it's not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group." - Debra Medina

Glenn even lied on "The View"

The biggest lie of all That's he's a Libertarian

So the implications, and lies of Glenn Beck continue
and the world turns

Old 05-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
LIE: "I mean, we've got czars now," Beck said during his July 22, 2009, program. "Czars like John Holdren, who has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
Beck's accusation comes from book Holdren co-authored 30 years ago called Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment, a purely academic piece.
Truth: Dr. Holdren has never been an advocate of compulsory abortions or other repressive means of population limitation.
Presidents before Obama have had "Czars". In fact, George Bush had 45

LIE: Glenn Beck states that Racist Von Brunn is “Hero of 9/11 Truthers movement". "People like white supremacists or 9/11 Truthers that would also like to destroy the country. They’ll work with anybody they can."
Truth: Members of the 9/11 Truth community deplore all forms of hatred and violence, including the unprovoked murderous attack by James von Brunn on June 10, 2009, in the Washington Holocaust museum.

LIE: "Forget the measly $2 million he [Creamer] stole from the banks. Please, banking fraud, who hasn't done a little $2 million theft? He's here to help now, help fraud America on one sixth of the economy"
TRUTH: Judge reportedly stated no one lost any money. Contrary to Beck's claim that Creamer "stole" $2 million from banks, U.S. District Judge James B. Moran reportedly gave Creamer a lighter sentence because no one suffered any "out of pocket losses."

LIE: Glenn Beck panicked about the re-do oath of office President Obama took last night, because Obama did not place his hand on a Bible. “I checked. We have never had a president sworn into office without a Bible.”
TRUTH: Theodore Roosevelt took the oath of office with no Bible, but President Roosevelt was sworn in with uplifted hand." Coolidge had a Bible on a nearby table while taking the oath but did not lay his hand on it, as it is not the practice in Vermont or Massachusetts to use a Bible in connection with the administration of an oath.
John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law.

LIE: BECK: I don't even know if I've ever used the word "slaughtered." And if I used the word "slaughtered," if it wasn't in a context of Mao, Stalin, or Hitler, it was in the idea that the truth is being slaughtered by this administration... not saying that this administration is going to slaughter anyone.
TRUTH: BECK: I told you yesterday, buckle up your seatbelt, America. Find the exit -- there's one here, here, and here. Find the exit closest to you and prepare for a crash landing. Because this plane is coming down, because the pilot is intentionally steering it into the trees! Most likely, it'll happen sometime after Christmas. You're gonna see this economy come up -- we're already seeing it, and now it's gonna start coming back down again. And when you see the effects of what they're doing to the economy, remember these words: We will survive. No -- we'll do better than survive, we will thrive. As long as these people are not in control. They are taking you to a place to be slaughtered!

Implication: Debra Medina is a 9/11 Truther
GLENN: Right. Here's then let me be more frank and ask you the question: Do you believe the government was any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?
MEDINA: I don't, I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't I'm not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all of the evidence there. So I've not taken a position on that.
GLENN: I think the people of America might think that might be a yes.
Truth: "The question surprised me because it's not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group." - Debra Medina

Glenn even lied on "The View"

So the implications, and lies of Glenn Beck continue
and the world turns
Who are you? Mr. Brittanica? Where are your sources, you didn't provide any, I think you just made all that up out of your own opinions. And you actually believe that those people asked about what Beck said would actually tell the truth?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now that is gullible as all hell. Let's see, you belong to a group that is up to no good, you are asked about it in public, you are going to be truthful??? LMAO!!!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
Who are you? Mr. Brittanica? Where are your sources, you didn't provide any, I think you just made all that up out of your own opinions. And you actually believe that those people asked about what Beck said would actually tell the truth?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now that is gullible as all hell. Let's see, you belong to a group that is up to no good, you are asked about it in public, you are going to be truthful??? LMAO!!!!!

And You believe Beck actually tells the truth
LMAO

Old 05-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
And You believe Beck actually tells the truth
LMAO
He uses people's own words, unlike yourself. Pretty hard to lie about what someone says when it is on tape.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
He uses people's own words, unlike yourself. Pretty hard to lie about what someone says when it is on tape.
Exactly. All those quotes of Beck's - they are his, on tape

Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM

180 posts, read 202,672 times
Quote:
Quote:
So if someone states a belief but it's only in his "academic" writings then anyone who points out what the person said is a liar? But if a person says we're going to be slaughtered and clearly means it figuratively, then he's also a liar for saying he didn't mean it literally.
Quote:
And if someone stole money and was convicted then anyone who says he's a thief is a liar because after all no one suffered. I could go on and on. Try Facts and logic.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM

206 posts, read 193,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
So if someone states a belief but it's only in his "academic" writings then anyone who points out what the person said is a liar? But if a person says we're going to be slaughtered and clearly means it figuratively, then he's also a liar for saying he didn't mean it literally. And if someone stole money and was convicted then anyone who says he's a thief is a liar because after all no one suffered. I could go on and on. Try Facts and logic.
And the lack of facts and logic in their arguments is all they have, but they are clinging on tightly like they were told to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies