Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
So has anyone called bs on this yet? I mean we get to listen to the liberal media whine about this crock but we don't hear a peep about 2 whites slaughtered and raped by blacks? I get sick and tired of listening to the msm's whining crap. It gets old.
you make it seem as if whites are only killed by blacks

Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM

55 posts, read 61,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ALGOOD, Tennessee -- A teenage boy was injured in a drive-by shooting on Mill Street last night, police said.

The 15-year-old African-American boy told Algood Police Chief Jim Eldridge that three white males in a pickup truck drove by and yelled racial slurs at him, then fired two gunshots at him as he was walking along Mill Street about 7:15 p.m.

Herald Citizen - Teenager injured in drive by shooting
how do we know it was white it might be blacks or he might shoot him self intencionaly like that cop did and then blame it on black person

Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 AM

716 posts, read 1,236,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you make it seem as if whites are only killed by blacks
Usually when a black person kills a white person it is someone they do not know.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:54 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times
Is this a word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
intencionaly

Old 05-21-2010, 01:57 AM

317 posts, read 404,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Is this a word?
You need the teabaggers dictionary.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ALGOOD, Tennessee -- A teenage boy was injured in a drive-by shooting on Mill Street last night, police said.

The 15-year-old African-American boy told Algood Police Chief Jim Eldridge that three white males in a pickup truck drove by and yelled racial slurs at him, then fired two gunshots at him as he was walking along Mill Street about 7:15 p.m.

Herald Citizen - Teenager injured in drive by shooting
I'm not buying this. This kid is lying. I've been to Algood numerous times. Stuff like this doesn't happen there.

That kid got shot by someone he knows and he is either protecting them or is scared to tell them what really happened.

No way someone just drove by and shot him. Maybe if it was Gainesboro. Not in Algood.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:49 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No matter how you try to spin it, a gang murder where a black person is using the N word while committing an act of violence and a random act of violence committed while a white person is shouting racial slurs against the victim are not committed with the same intent. While both crimes deserve to be punished and would be, one is gang-related while the other is purely race related. In either case, the person who commits the crime would still receive a harsh sentence but you do understand what a "hate crime" is right?

Using your logic, all crimes are hate crimes and clearly you feel that there should be no such thing as a separate hate crime law. When it comes to something like attempted murder, hate crime or not, the criminal will most likely receive a harsh sentence if proven guilty. On the other hand if it's an act of vandalism and one is a childish prank (TP) and the other involves racial epithets (nooses, racial slurs, swastikas, etc) than the person that is doing it on the base of race, religion, sexual-orientation probably would receive a harsher sentence. I see no problem with that.
You have no problem with locking someone up for longer periods of time because of their thoughts?

Reminds me of the ThoughtPolice in 1984.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
No way someone just drove by and shot him. Maybe if it was Gainesboro. Not in Algood.
I dont see it happening in Gainesboro either, but definately not in Algood. For such a small predominately white rural town there are a lot of interracial couples and more cultural diversity than one would think.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
I only read the first post in this thread, and my instincts and experience tell me this story is BS. White on black crime is a rarity in this country, most crime is black on black, then black on white. With the history of blacks concocting fake hate crimes, I'm not going to believe the black teenager. He most likely got shot by another gang or other blacks, claiming it was evil white racist will put his mug on TV and a few dollars in his pocket, but the truth will ultimately come out. To my fellow Americans remember this, as our government spends billions to protect us from "terrorst" we are still much more likely to be killed or injured by a black male....

Bullspit!!! Most violent crimes against whites are commited by other whites not blacks. Despite what the media tells you, the majority of violent crimes agaist whites are intraracial not interracial.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
The point is it is never a "hate crime" in situations like the ones I posted, which believe it or not happen a lot more. THat's all.
That it not true. There have been cases of blacks being prosecuted for hate crimes when there is proof that the attack was committed on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual-oreintation etc. This is not about crime in general and black on black crime is actually more common than black on white crime. When it comes to a crime committed because of race, whites do it more, according to the numbers.

Quote:
Offenders by race

By race

A review of available race data reported in 2008 for the 6,927 known hate crime offenders revealed that:
  • 61.1 percent were white.
  • 20.2 percent were black.
  • 5.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
  • 1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
  • 0.7 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
  • 11.0 percent were unknown. (Based on Table 9.)
Offenders - Hate Crime Statistics, 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/offenders.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies