Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It appears to me that you just said you think another poster is absolutely wrong and that seems to me to be what you think. Why is it that you think right and anyone who doesn't agree thinks wrong?
roy, the lady said herself she is basing her opinion not on facts she has researched but on what she feels like believing. Im not really capable of not commenting on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I prefer to listen to Beck on Comedy Central. You should try it sometime, seriously. But with an open mind, of course. Here's a link.

So, why did you choose to avoid telling me, whether you've changed your position on separation of church and state or not? And whether it is for good, or is temporary. Would like to know, so at least I know what to talk about.
I have never been strong about the Separation argument and did not change for Bush. Now I see the people of Crime Inc. trying to push this new idea onto the churches and even threatening to not allow them to have appropriated money if they don't comply.

I promise not to change my mind about separation because Obama pushes it as soon as he stops the community organizations crap. You see, I think, that he will finally get to the kind of community organizations like ACORN and such like and I don't want any excuses to include them.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? Cass Sunstein isnt part of the the council or its report.
Cass is in charge of the White House website and what he wants done will be done and even reported.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Cass is in charge of the White House website and what he wants done will be done and even reported.
But.... that's not what we're talking about.

What are you talking about btw? He's not "in charge" of the WH website, got a link? You mean he's the webmaster?

And what does this mean, "what he wants done will be done and even reported"?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But.... that's not what we're talking about.

What are you talking about btw? He's not "in charge" of the WH website, got a link? You mean he's the webmaster?

And what does this mean, "what he wants done will be done and even reported"?
Google is YOUR friend.

Cass Sunstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The interpretation of federal law should be made not by judges but by the beliefs and commitments of the U.S. president and those around him, according to Sunstein."

Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
I have never been strong about the Separation argument and did not change for Bush. Now I see the people of Crime Inc. trying to push this new idea onto the churches and even threatening to not allow them to have appropriated money if they don't comply.

I promise not to change my mind about separation because Obama pushes it as soon as he stops the community organizations crap. You see, I think, that he will finally get to the kind of community organizations like ACORN and such like and I don't want any excuses to include them.
Is there anything you say in these boards that you haven't picked from Glenn Beck? Anyway, glad to see you're sticking with your guns on the issue of separation of church and state, that you would like to see the separation disappear. For a moment, after reading your initial posts, I thought you'd flipped your stance, now wanting the separation.

Having said that, do you think religious organizations should be tax exempt?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 AM

214 posts, read 120,308 times
I see not a single obot will answer my post. WHAT HAPPENED TO SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE that you dems and libs are ALWAYS screaming about? Nancy Pelosi was leading the charge too. Now she's doing it like she was ok with it all along. Can ANY of you see the hypocrisy you are creating with this?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Google is YOUR friend.

Cass Sunstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The interpretation of federal law should be made not by judges but by the beliefs and commitments of the U.S. president and those around him, according to Sunstein."
And this is in the presidential advisory council's report, where?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Having said that, do you think religious organizations should be tax exempt?
I do.
How many times is the dollar taxed before it hits the collection plate of a church?
The dollar is thinned out enough already, keep thinning it out, does not make much sense and all for what?
Think about what taxes do to the value of a dollar, before paddling the canoe down this river.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I do.
How many times is the dollar taxed before it hits the collection plate of a church?
The dollar is thinned out enough already, keep thinning it out, does not make much sense and all for what?
Think about what taxes do to the value of a dollar, before paddling the canoe down this river.
Could you explain this a little more clearly, please? I'd like to understand what you're saying. Are you saying a dollar has less purchasing power each time it's exchanged?

(As B4, say hey to currer and ellis)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies