Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 PM

55 posts, read 61,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That has nothing to do with what Paul was arguing. Paul was arguing that a company should have the right to discriminate against someone.

Do you believe a business should be able to refuse to serve someone because of what race or ethnicity that person is?
that is what i am saying.but you have no problem if person who is being rejected is white right.because this law is disaignd to discriminate against white people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Sorry your handbook is too old,those sorts of attacks no longer work.

But I think the CRA is wrong,anyone would if they believed in personal rights.
Perhaps you didn't know,but segregation was the GOVERNMENT.

What Personal attack? where did I attack you? I asked for clarification on your post.

First you say the there is no need for the law. Then you state a owner should deny service to anyone, i'm assuming based on race since that is what this thread is about. Well the only era that has occured was pre-civil rights. So how is this an attack, when its your views?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
On National Public Radio's "All Things Considered," Paul discussed accommodations for people with disabilities.

"I think a lot of things could be handled locally," Paul said. "I think if you have a two-story office and you hire someone who's handicapped, it might be reasonable to let him have an office on the first floor rather than the government saying you have to have a $100,000 elevator. And I think when you get to the solutions like that, the more local the better, and the more common sense the decisions are, rather than having a federal government make those decisions."
Uh-huh... and what if you don't have such a tidy and obvious solution possible, Rand?
And what if the building owner cannot afford an elevator?
Also where do you draw the line as far as accommodating people?

Please expand upon this if you can.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
And what if the building owner cannot afford an elevator?
Also where do you draw the line as far as accommodating people?

Please expand upon this if you can.
Then the handicapped people who want to work are SOL, oz.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What Personal attack? where did I attack you? I asked for clarification on your post.
The leftist handbook that trots out accusations of racism or wanting segregation if someone dares to not fall lack step into your way of thinking.

Quote:
First you say the there is no need for the law. Then you state a owner should deny service to anyone, i'm assuming based on race since that is what this thread is about. Well the only era that has occured was pre-civil rights. So how is this an attack, when its your views?
Of course a private business owner should be able to do what he pleases in a free society...what some want is to force people to act the way THEY want.

Even if your position is 'correct' or 'moral' it matters little if you force others to accept it.
Hard to swallow but otherwise you enjoy dictating your beliefs to others.

Is that your position?
To force what you want on others because what you think it right?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Then the handicapped people who want to work are SOL, oz.
No answer huh?

The ADA is an incredibly slippery slope...better be careful....

Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
The leftist handbook that trots out accusations of racism or wanting segregation if someone dares to not fall lack step into your way of thinking.

Of course a private business owner should be able to do what he pleases in a free society...what some want is to force people to act the way THEY want.

Even if your position is 'correct' or 'moral' it matters little if you force others to accept it.
Hard to swallow but otherwise you enjoy dictating your beliefs to others.

Is that your position?
To force what you want on others because what you think it right?

If Human decency is something that has to be forced on someone, then that person is too pathetic to be considered moral.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
that is what i am saying.but you have no problem if person who is being rejected is white right.because this law is disaignd to discriminate against white people
The law is not designed to discriminate against white people ( I am white btw). Business's are not allowed to refuse service to someone because they are white, black, etc. Paul wants it to be legal for business's to refuse to serve someone because of what race they are.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If Human decency is something that has to be forced on someone, then that person is too pathetic to be considered moral.
You are most likely right...but isn't forcing them to bow to your way of thinking wrong too?

I would not frequent a place that barred people because of color or race or the like,but I do not think it right to force my beliefs on others...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 PM

55 posts, read 61,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The law is not designed to discriminate against white people ( I am white btw). Business's are not allowed to refuse service to someone because they are white, black, etc. Paul wants it to be legal for business's to refuse to serve someone because of what race they are.
yes they are if a white person doesn't get a job because that position is allocated to minority it does discriminate against white people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies