Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Funny you should say this. She was a guest on a radio show, It's posted on the web. She tells the interviewer that people with her abilities are often misdiagnosed with Schizophrenia. She doesn't go as far as saying she was misdiagnosed with Schizophrenia. She is aware that people think she's crazy and she has some ability to control her anger or outbursts. She doesn't speak to management the way she speaks to coworkers. Our department manager thinks this is some sort of chick cat fight. He doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of the situation.
Do a Google search on Schizophrenia. They all believe they have "special abilities".

There are many infamous Schizophrenics. John Hinkley comes to mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
I'd consult with a lawyer to see how I should handle the situation. This is too crazy, and with HR not doing what they need to do, I'd talk to a professional.

As always, document every loony thing Crazy says and does.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I'd consult with a lawyer to see how I should handle the situation. This is too crazy, and with HR not doing what they need to do, I'd talk to a professional.

As always, document every loony thing Crazy says and does.
An employment attorney,... I might take a sick day to make that call.

I would not give "Crazy" any reason to think I was "working against her"...

Old 05-20-2010, 07:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Without saying what i feel she has, She has a mental illness, that a very good friend of mine had, and believe me People at your work, need to take her quite serious, for these mental patients, do act upon, what they think is their evil, believe me i know first hand. Believe me with the illness i feel she has she hears voices in her head, and this is not good, these voices, will also tell her to harm someone, and this person needs to be taken very serious, i know first hand, the dangers of what might happen, and to the person i knew, did act upon those voices, and killed someone very dear to me, someone that i loved very much. When this person that i knew realized what she had done, she then killed her self in jail, so this is a no win situtation. But i say to you, must be listened to, and brought up to your boss. Before something happens, this person needs help, problem is as with my friend, they do not think they are sick, they think everyone around them is sick, and they do not trust any one but themselves, I do not want any one to go thru, the hell that i did during that time, it was the roughest time in my life, i had a hard time dealing with this, for i loved both people. Please take this illness seriously.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM

It gives contact information for the EEOC. Hopefully, they can tell you how to handle this situation.

Hostile Work Environments -- What to do?

I would look for another job.

I wonder if the reason management doesn't want to get involved is because she's classified as "disabled" or some other reason and they are afraid to confront the issue?

A lot of businesses hire disadvantaged workers because they get paid to hire them...

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM

469 posts, read 579,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Without saying what i feel she has, She has a mental illness, that a very good friend of mine had, and believe me People at your work, need to take her quite serious, for these mental patients, do act upon, what they think is their evil, believe me i know first hand. Believe me with the illness i feel she has she hears voices in her head, and this is not good, these voices, will also tell her to harm someone, and this person needs to be taken very serious, i know first hand, the dangers of what might happen, and to the person i knew, did act upon those voices, and killed someone very dear to me, someone that i loved very much. When this person that i knew realized what she had done, she then killed her self in jail, so this is a no win situtation. But i say to you, must be listened to, and brought up to your boss. Before something happens, this person needs help, problem is as with my friend, they do not think they are sick, they think everyone around them is sick, and they do not trust any one but themselves, I do not want any one to go thru, the hell that i did during that time, it was the roughest time in my life, i had a hard time dealing with this, for i loved both people. Please take this illness seriously.
I understand what you're saying. When Crazy is in a healthy state of mind, I like her. She really is a decent person. She's not evil, she's ill. But she doesn't think anything is wrong with her. The voices she hears in her head she thinks are space aliens talking to her, telling her she needs to learn hand to hand combat and sword fighting. When she hurts someone she will believe she did so in self defense. Firing her will just pawn her off on someone else. At this point we'll be lucky if we can get that much done. She is estranged from most of her family. They're not around to help her.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Our company management flat will not deal with this mentally unstable coworker.
Maybe she's telling the truth

Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 PM

469 posts, read 579,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It gives contact information for the EEOC. Hopefully, they can tell you how to handle this situation.

Hostile Work Environments -- What to do?

I would look for another job.

I wonder if the reason management doesn't want to get involved is because she's classified as "disabled" or some other reason and they are afraid to confront the issue?

A lot of businesses hire disadvantaged workers because they get paid to hire them...
We had a coworker who would defecate in the trash can and leave it for her coworkers to find and clean up. Management did nothing. She had a medical condition.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Call your state attorney general's office. Most state attorney generals' offices have "departments" that can turn up the heat rather quickly, in my personal experience.

You'll get a quicker response from them (usually, depending upon your state) than you will going to a federal agency.

I've managed large work forces, have dealt with many issues of this sort, and what your workplace is allowing is NOT acceptible. Not in any way. Not only that - they are putting themselves in a dangerous legal situation by not grabbing this bull by the horns.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
We had a coworker who would defecate in the trash can and leave it for her coworkers to find and clean up. Management did nothing. She had a medical condition.
Are you serious? I'm beginning to wonder if you're just making this stuff up.

What kind of business are you working in???

It sounds like Azitar has given you the right agency to contact and some good advice. I have no personal experience dealing with this kind of thing in the workplace. Call your state's attorney general's office tomorrow.

If you're sincere, this is a serious situation.

Good luck

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies