Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Ok. When the Repubs in power stopped listening to the people, the people turned their backs on them. As a result, the Dems came into power. So yeah, it's this administration that is to blame. He PROMISED to "fix" the mess that Bush started, but only made it worse. Obama is not telling it like it is. It's not getting better here in my neck of the woods. Our neighbour abandoned his house 9 months ago it's still empty. Everyother house, just about, is for sale or empty. Our house value has taken a major dive. We know PLENTY of epople who have lost their jobs and can't get another one, and not for a lack of trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,491 times
Quote:
Casper
what things are getting better slowly.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
what things are getting better slowly.
The job market in the DFW area has improved over the last six months and I know several people that had been laid off last year that have found new jobs. As a contractor I keep an eye on the job market and there are more listings than there were lasy year, that is improvement. Granted it is nowhere near what it was during the Clinton years but the situation is slowly improving.
Casper

Old 05-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
The job market in the DFW area has improved over the last six months and I know several people that had been laid off last year that have found new jobs. As a contractor I keep an eye on the job market and there are more listings than there were lasy year, that is improvement. Granted it is nowhere near what it was during the Clinton years but the situation is slowly improving.
Casper
I have found the stat that shows DFW unemployment stands at 8.3% down from 8.4%
Ok so we have one area odf our local economy getting better.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:54 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
1) There are people who said they did cocaine with Obama over a long period of time.
People say lots of things. Some of it is true sometimes. Lots of it is BS lots of the time. Evidence is what speaks.

Got some?

If you have some credible evidence, why didn't the GOP have it two years ago at election time?

Quote:
2) Get your facts straight. Bush admitted he had an alcohol problem before becoming a Christian and changing.
What did Bush ever admit to concerning his cocaine habit?

Quote:
3) Why do people with no facts at all try to sling mud and change the subject by saying things without support that have nothing to do with the original topic?
Answer: immaturity and a lack of the ability to discuss a topic logically.

Please see your "point" #1 above.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM

24 posts, read 23,864 times
Quote:
If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
lol What are you talking about? Bush always used a telepromter for the intro press conference.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,308 times
.....a sex change he would be Mrs. Bush

Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM

180 posts, read 202,662 times
Quote:
If you have some credible evidence, why didn't the GOP have it two years ago at election time?
What did Bush ever admit to concerning his cocaine habit?
So I need evidence, but you don't?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseek1 View Post
lol What are you talking about? Bush always used a telepromter for the intro press conference.
i disagree he never used a telepromtor at a news conference.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 PM

24 posts, read 23,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
i disagree he never used a telepromtor at a news conference.
What do you think he read his intro notes off of? I'll find the picture later.

If you are claiming Obama used one to answer questions, then you are misinformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies