Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Picked this up in an email had to share it

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States , would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you have thought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 14 months -- so you'll have two years and ten months to come up with an answer

Last edited by wjtwet; 05-20-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Hypocrisy is universal. That being said I can't stand either Bush or Obama.
I think both are two sides of the same coin. Time to cash in for a different coin.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I think both are two sides of the same coin. Time to cash in for a different coin.

Good luck with that! I agree, current Dems and Reps are 2 sides of the same coin, the only difference is who they sold their souls to. The big problem is they hold the power and it's highly unlikely they'll let aa third party ever get a toe hold.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Good luck with that! I agree, current Dems and Reps are 2 sides of the same coin, the only difference is who they sold their souls to. The big problem is they hold the power and it's highly unlikely they'll let aa third party ever get a toe hold.
Burdell we agree, no third party will ever work

Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

I thought Bush was pretty good during his first term.
The second term was pretty much down hill all the way but at least we didn't have Kerry.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:36 PM

180 posts, read 202,710 times
I'm no Bush fan since I agree with bulldogdad, but I have to say that is the best post I've read in a while. I had heard the "57 states" comment, but not the "Australian language" or the "cuatro de Mayo" one. Funny post, but too true. It just goes to show the media bias and why we need Fox News to be the other "biased" side.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
[quote=wjtwet;14262257]Picked this up in an email had to share it

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

First President to use a teleprompter, Lyndon Johnson.

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

How about hundreds of thousands to chop wood and ride horses?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

Reducing a retirement plan by 90% is far better than no retirement plan at all.

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

When compared to daring the insurgents to bring it on, and bring it on they did, the joke seems a bit irrelevant by comparison.

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

Wouldn't have cared in the least either way.

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

That's the problem with email, they rarely get their facts straight. The iPod in question contained videos of the Queen's visit to the U.S. along with her favorite show tunes.

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

George Bushes screwed up references are simply too numerous to list.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 PM

180 posts, read 202,710 times
Quote:
Although I doubt any are as bad as the "57 states" one, please list them. I'm sure they are worth a laugh. I'm not just talking about mispronunciations like "nucular", post the real and funny gaffs. We could all do with some more humor.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:54 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
I seriously believe G.W. was a dyslexic malapropist. Usually these individuals have a high I.Q. somewhere in the 95th percentile. I also believe Bush was purposely not an intellectual. Thus his consistent trouncing by intellectual media elites.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:56 PM

[quote=ovcatto;14262521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Picked this up in an email had to share it

First President to use a teleprompter, Lyndon Johnson.
first to use in a press conference Obama

How about hundreds of thousands to chop wood and ride horses?
Was the western white house where he did business not a personal date on the country's credit card

Reducing a retirement plan by 90% is far better than no retirement plan at all.
had Bush taken over Gm and did that the press would have friend him

had bush made fun of the retarded they would have and still be talking about

When compared to daring the insurgents to bring it on, and bring it on they did, the joke seems a bit irrelevant by comparison.

the press would have cared

Wouldn't have cared in the least either way.

That's the problem with email, they rarely get their facts straight. The iPod in question contained videos of the Queen's visit to the U.S. along with her favorite show tunes.
you are correct

Burt did the press used everyone to go afte rbush as stupid
Hypocrisy of the press.
I see you had no retorn for many expamles on the list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies