Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:46 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Aprils decline was made up by Marchs gain...but they only had a 0.5% over the previous yr..compared to Targets 6% gain, doesn't look good for Walmart.
You may want to re-read that quote from WSJ article ...

Quote:
Archrival Target Corp. notched a 12% gain for March and a 6.1% decline for April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Target attracts a higher income shopper as does Home Depot and other retailers.

Wal-Mart Same-Store Sales Fall Again - WSJ.com

"Have we lost some customers we picked up during the most difficult time? Possibly, yes," Mr. Schoewe said in a conference call with reporters. But he quickly added that the larger factor in the sales decline was economic pressure on Wal-Mart's traditional shoppers.

"More than ever, our customers are living paycheck to paycheck," he said."
A bad month does not make the demise of Walmart. Neither does it prove that the economy is getting worse.

Americans are not charging as much as they once did. People are trying to spend less and live within their means.
No doubt. There is a major readjustment going on everywhere.

This spring has been wet and cold so far.

There are many, many factors that contribute to these figures... along with the economy.

But, of course, Obama's to blame for everything that's wrong in our country -- including Walmart's bad month.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 PM

419 posts, read 448,161 times
Walmart haters have to understand that Walmart is everything Americans allow it to be. It is our choice to allow it to exist.

There is not any better oversized, cheap, filled with crap, ugly, big box store to represent fat, gluttonous, corn syrup guzzling, oversized, lazy, belly bouncing, fok as they use 2 tons of metal to haul their lardasses around everywhere buying useless crap. I said it. Attack me as you wish. Call me arrogant. I just speak my mind.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times

Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Target almost always has better products and stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I think it may be going down because their prices are going up and many times (at least for me) it is cheaper and a nicer experience to shop at Target.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
lol some of what you say is absolutely true in some areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
Walmart haters have to understand that Walmart is everything Americans allow it to be. It is our choice to allow it to exist.

There is not any better oversized, cheap, filled with crap, ugly, big box store to represent fat, gluttonous, corn syrup guzzling, oversized, lazy, belly bouncing, fok as they use 2 tons of metal to haul their lardasses around everywhere buying useless crap. I said it. Attack me as you wish. Call me arrogant. I just speak my mind.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
A bad month does not make the demise of Walmart. Neither does it prove that the economy is getting worse.

Americans are not charging as much as they once did. People are trying to spend less and live within their means.
No doubt. There is a major readjustment going on everywhere.

This spring has been wet and cold so far.

There are many, many factors that contribute to these figures... along with the economy.

But, of course, Obama's to blame for everything that's wrong in our country -- including Walmart's bad month.
Second sentence of my link..4 quarters is 1 year, 12 months, 365 days:

"Reporting its fourth consecutive quarter of sluggish U.S. sales.."

Nowhere in any of my posts here did I blame Obama or Bush or anyone in DC.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nowhere in any of my posts here did I blame Obama or Bush or anyone in DC.
Maybe not you but there have been other comments made in this thread....

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2010 at 09:13 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
Keep your "I hate Walmart" rant to yourself. That's not what this is about. Economy is not recovering like Obama says. He's lying again.
Maybe it is because people are becoming more aware of how Walmart operates. We'll leave it at that.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 PM

It always comes back to WHY aren't people charging as much as they once were, WHY they don't have disposable income and WHAT's brought our nation to it's financial knees....

Last edited by World Citizen; 05-20-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies