Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

The BP spill. I've seen some references to "Bush's policies" floating in stories. Had to chuckle at that one.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM

217 posts, read 125,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't see how Iraq is, either. But we've wasted a trillion dollars and thousands of lives to...

to...

to do what, again? I don't recall Bush ever really explaining what the national interest was that caused him to invade.
I agree Iraq isn't a threat never was. He supposedly invaded because of WMD'S that have never been found. I think he had other reasons but that was the official one. The point is Obama said he would pull all troops out of Iraq in his first year he didn't.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The BP spill. I've seen some references to "Bush's policies" floating in stories. Had to chuckle at that one.
Why? My understanding is that Bush was doing no safty inspections on the rigs which he was tasked to do.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM

217 posts, read 125,838 times
Quote:
Let's don't get too hasty, OK.

Bush inherited a prosperous America that was at peace. He left office with two unresolved, horribly mismanaged middle east wars and the worst economic crisis in generations.

Obama entered office inheriting two horribly mismanaged middle east quagmires and the worst economy since the 1930's.

Let's see how things look when he leaves office and then make a comparison.

Of course, I can understand the eagerness of Bush-backers to sweep his record under the rug.
Yeah you are right. But it gets real old everyone blaming Bush for everything including Obama himself. He needs to take some responsibility here. I am also not a Bush backer I was rooting for him in 2000 because I hated Gore so badly but in 2004 I voted 3rd party seeing how we had such a horrible choice of candidates.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Why? My understanding is that Bush was doing no safty inspections on the rigs which he was tasked to do.
Bush didn't do the inspections..the MMS is in charge of that.
And the non-inspections continued under Obama.

Plus the disaster plan for a spill was written up in 1994 but the fire booms were never ordered and put in storage so they could execute on that plan.

To just "blame Bush" is an outright joke here.

346 NEW drilling plans were approved in 2009..all without Federal Permits.
And they weren't all approved before 1/20/2009 either.

It gets tiring reading and hearing "not my fault" or "other party's fault".

Old 05-21-2010, 10:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
I agree Iraq isn't a threat never was. He supposedly invaded because of WMD'S that have never been found. I think he had other reasons but that was the official one. The point is Obama said he would pull all troops out of Iraq in his first year he didn't.

I'd say the point is that Obama has been able to adjust his actions based on events as they unfold. And he's been forthcoming with why he's doing that.

Bush didn't call off the invasion even when it was clear there was no threat. He invaded anyway. And he'll never be honest with the country about his reasons for doing so.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Bush inherited a prosperous America
BS, Bush inherited a country headed into a recession.
Quote:
that was at peace.
Maybe you suffer from altzhimers and you forget all about

WTC 1 - under Clinton

Oklahoma City Bombings

Waco

The attack on USS Cole

bombings of Kosovo.

The Aspirin factory

And of course you are ignoring that Clinton bombed the HELL out of Iraq
Quote:
He left office with two unresolved, horribly mismanaged middle east wars and the worst economic crisis in generations
So you would support Bush becoming dictator?
Quote:
Obama entered office inheriting two horribly mismanaged middle east quagmires and the worst economy since the 1930's.

Let's see how things look when he leaves office and then make a comparison.

Of course, I can understand the eagerness of Bush-backers to sweep his record under the rug.
And I understand your eagerness to claim alzheimers as a reason you ignore Clintons record and the fact that many of the problems existed WELL BEFORE Bush took office..

Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
6. North Korea
7. Iran
8. No Child left behind.
9. Katrina

Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And of course you are ignoring that Clinton bombed the HELL out of Iraq.
Yes he did and it was found out after Baghdad fell that this bombing completely demoralized the Iraqis from attempting building WMD. The attack complete destroy a graphite factory which eliminated the building of missiles.
Operation Desert Fox - which conservatives called Wag the Dog - actually did good.

Read Thomas Ricks book Fiasco - it there between pages 20-30 if I remember correctly.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
Man, talk about spin!

Quote:
He broke Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.
What an incredible crock! The conservative, tea bagger, creationists have been fighting that with horror stories of invading terrorist hordes ever since. It does take some bipartisan cooperation after all.

Absolutely amazing the stuff people suck up! Makes you wonder how long it took to get over their parents lying to them about Santa Claus and the tooth fairy. Looks to me like they never got over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies