Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
My comments are that Bush was not nearly as bad as they made him out to be. No president takes the same exam. Who can say how a Democrat would have done had they been in the White House the 8 year term of Bush and what the ramifications of their choices would have be.
You are absolutely right, and this is well-stated.

How would Reagan have handled the aftermath of 9/11? Or Jimmy Carter? Or FDR?

How would Bill Clinton be doing were he President right now?

Nobody knows, and there is absolutely no way we can do anything but guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You are absolutely right, and this is well-stated.

How would Reagan have handled the aftermath of 9/11? Or Jimmy Carter? Or FDR?

How would Bill Clinton be doing were he President right now?

Nobody knows, and there is absolutely no way we can do anything but guess.
I doubt any of them would have had the hubris to start an unnecessary war in Iraq (and then utterly ****-up the post-invasion phase.)

Old 05-21-2010, 01:30 PM

125 posts, read 68,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Then why has everything escalated after he took office?
I am a political junkie in many ways. I recall when things really started downhill and it was right after the second debate with McLame. It became obvious to myself and the rest of the world that McLame couldn't stop Vamanos Obamanos, and at that time, things started heading south in a hurry. All it took, was the realization that Obama was going to be President for the economies to take a dump, and stay glued to the commode ever since. He, and even more so, the Speaker of House and President of Senate, have turned a minor recession into this bucket of pureed pig poo.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
I doubt any of them would have had the hubris to start an unnecessary war in Iraq (and then utterly ****-up the post-invasion phase.)
Nice try.

FAIL

Please note: It's 2010. You can stop blaming Bush for everything that has ever been wrong in the world. Maybe then you can add something intelligent to a conversation about Presidents.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Nice try.

FAIL

Please note: It's 2010. You can stop blaming Bush for everything that has ever been wrong in the world. Maybe then you can add something intelligent to a conversation about Presidents.
Please note: We are still and will still be paying for the errors of the Bush Presidency for decades. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Besides, you SPECIFICALLY asked how several prior Presidents would have responded to 9/11. I was simply giving you my answer to YOU ASKED.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Can you name one reputable economist who thinks that cutting spending/increasing revenue during a recession is a good idea?
Reducing tax rates has a proven track record of working to help to economy, and it is about the only thing that can. The amazing thing is that lowered rates spur economic growth that results in even more revenue. JFK kid it and Ronald Reagan did it. Obama took the other tack, and you see the crap sandwich he has created.

Last edited by aquamaster; 05-21-2010 at 01:58 PM..

Old 05-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaster View Post
Reducing tax rates has a proven track record of working to help to economy, and it is about the only thing that can. The amazing thing is that lowered rates spur economic growth that results in even more revenue. JFK kid it and Ronald Reagan did it. Obama too the other tack, and you see the crap sandwich he has created.
Obama cut taxes for the majority of Americans.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Please note: We are still and will still be paying for the errors of the Bush Presidency for decades. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Besides, you SPECIFICALLY asked how several prior Presidents would have responded to 9/11. I was simply giving you my answer to YOU ASKED.
And Bush inherited the failures and errors of the Clinton Presidency. Perhaps if Slick Willie had been more concerned about Bin Laden than getting oral sex it he Oval Office, 9/11 could have been avoided altogether!

See how easy that is?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:

And no doubt you will be waiting for Santa Clause too, every Easter!!!!

Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Obama cut taxes for the majority of Americans.
Okay, let me say it terms you can understand.

It isn't the number of people who get tax cuts, it is the total dollar amount that is cut. The total dollar amount that that stays with the people, and does not go to government to be mal-spent in the idiotic ways they chose.

It is sort of like coins. It isn't the total number of coins you have that matters, but what it adds up to.

Low-end taxpayers pay a pittance compared to the weatlhy. The top 1% pays 40% of all taxes paid on only 20% of all income earned. If you don't give tax cuts to the rich ("where the 'real" taxes are paid), it has no benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies