Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times

Advertisements

Rand Paul on Gulf spill: "Accidents happen" | Naked Politics

I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen,' Paul said."

The BP natural disaster is a man made accident that could've been prevented. Ron Paul is the "accident that happened".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
He may be referring to his soiled pants.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He may be referring to his soiled pants.
Is that from your personal experience???

Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Is that from your personal experience???
Yes. I have seen it in person.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes. I have seen it in person.
I believe you!!!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I believe you!!!
You've no choice.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen,' Paul said."

The BP natural disaster is a man made accident that could've been prevented. Ron Paul is the "accident that happened".
I am suprised at the childish responses of liberals to this oil spill. Face the facts-

1. Energy is dirty
2. There is no such thing as completely clean energy on a large scale at this time (even wind has noise and visual "pollution" and there are suits regarding this.
3. Oil, coal, and natural gas are our main sources of energy
4. The left opposes nuclear and drilling on land in ANWAR
5. Given the opposition to ANWAR drilling and refusal to expand nuclear and coal production (the only viable alternatives at this time), offshore drilling is essential.
6. If one does not want offshore spills, one does not want offshore drilling, and this wants astronomical increases in gasoline and energy prices
7. Liberals will be the first to complain about increased prices if offshore drilling was suspended.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

Indeed. And when coal miners die in Kentucky he'll be saying "caca happens".

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am suprised at the childish responses of liberals to this oil spill. Face the facts-

1. Energy is dirty
2. There is no such thing as completely clean energy on a large scale at this time (even wind has noise and visual "pollution" and there are suits regarding this.
5. Given the opposition to ANWAR drilling and refusal to expand nuclear and coal production (the only viable alternatives at this time), offshore drilling is essential.
6. If one does not want offshore spills, one does not want offshore drilling, and this wants astronomical increases in gasoline and energy prices
7. Liberals will be the first to complain about increased prices if offshore drilling was suspended.
This is a doom and gloom post! If everyone had this fatalistic attitude, we would have no ingenuity at all in the US. We would be held captive forever by dirty energy and countries that don't like us very much whom we buy dirty energy from!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

1. Energy is dirty

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

If a nuclear reactor blew up and you lived within 50 miles of the blast radius would you still hold these silly excuses or beliefs? Energy is dirty? Accidents happen? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies