Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So does that mean that they'll pick and choose which laws to enforce? So if someone were to try to execute the president I'm positive they'd enforce that law. But if someone were raped and murdered by an illegal alien crossing the border onto private property I guess Obama would choose to ignore that case. You, Obama and members of the Justice Dept and ICE swore an oath and should abide by that oath. Either uphold your oath or resign in disgrace.
They were doing that before when Sheriff Joe was headline news.

At one time ICE had an office here in Texas in Austin but no longer due to PC discrimination politics.

ICE should have an office in every jail because if an illegal is arrested ICE has very little to do but process them.

Open borders anyone ???
Do you honestly think anything but amnesty will come out of this ?
The WH has an agenda and protecting our borders is not one of them.
And once they do amnesty then what..the flood starts all over again ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
We can't fix anything until we all admit we play a role in the problem. That's an old right wing issue, never admitting America's faults. It's why Texas is writing the evils of American history out of its textbooks.
No, it's about enforcing the laws against those who choose to break the laws instead of making excuses for those who break the laws,...that's an old left wing issue.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,026 times
Default More petty nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
She's a politician. Why should I trust her? I'm looking to see how Arizona went about taking the issue of immigration reform through the senate channel.
Everything you are posting here is petty nonsense...

The simple fact is we are a sovereign nation. We have rights to protect our borders.

It does not matter who did what and who did not - Since 1977 no single party had full control of all 3 branches of the government until very recently. (at least not for a period of time that would allow them to effectively make changes that were not clearly popular).

The fact is that a majority of citizens here want our laws enforced.

No one is looking to kick out everyone - We want the laws enforced to stop the flood of these illegals.

And then we can decide what to do with the people here...But we do not want ANOTHER blanket amnesty, because the damned nonsense will start all over again.....

Let's face it ..the Hispanics are foaming at the mouth with the idea of becoming a "political powerhouse"..I cannot believe that the black community is putting up with it...First they take the jobs from the blacks, now they are going to step over them politically...(Do they honestly think that the Hispanics will "parley" with them?...I don't think so - They have their own agenda)

And this nonsense about the jobs being too low paying...If the market wasn't flooded with cheap labor, those jobs would be paying much more...Much more...

The illegals just destroyed the opportunity for low skilled laborers to improve their economic well being.

The whole thing should have been MANAGED...Not the free-for-all thast did occur.

PS..if the Republicans did crack down on the illegals, there would have been racism charges up the ying-yang...who's BSing who here?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
And that would be fine, and a legal process. It is how our government works. Doesn't it?

What you want, doesn't matter. All you can do is... don't vote for Obama.

Not that you would, anyway, but I'm sure you would vote for those who actually don't want to even discuss the reform and present ideas... because it is time for you to vote.

I don't disagree with what you said in that post.
What I was saying is that, what is the point in discussing the issue
if there's a fundamental disagreement? Same goes to the health insurance reform.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
NO!! They are enforcing the laws, just not to your liking. That's why we need comprehensive Immigration Reform that your side opposes because of politics. States CANT GO IT ALONE as evidenced by this article and this bogus law.
That won't happen anytime soon. Didn't you notice how many fools in the houses nearly had an org*** at the end of Calderon's speech where he criticized Arizonas attempt to crackdown on illegal immigration. They were nothing but a disgrace.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Everything you are posting here is petty nonsense...
Great way to start your argument...

Quote:
The simple fact is we are a sovereign nation. We have rights to protect our borders.
Keep going...

Quote:
It does not matter who did what and who did not - Since 1977 no single party had full control of all 3 branches of the government until very recently. (at least not for a period of time that would allow them to effectively make changes that were not clearly popular)...
I'm listening...

Quote:
The fact is that a majority of citizens here want our laws enforced.
Me too...

Quote:
No one is looking to kick out everyone - We want the laws enforced to stop the flood of these illegals.
Like I said... me too!

Quote:
And then we can decide what to do with the people here...But we do not want ANOTHER blanket amnesty, because the damned nonsense will start all over again.....
And like I said, we are neither a pure democracy nor dictatorship. We vote, elect representatives, they debate, they vote, the President signs the bill. Well, they stopped after election, postponing the issue until after election. Why? Why not take your issues to them? Instead of whining and spewing, excuse me for borrowing your word, nonsense.

Quote:
Let's face it ..the Hispanics are foaming at the mouth with the idea of becoming a "political powerhouse"...
And you're wetting your pants...

Quote:
I cannot believe that the black community is putting up with it...
Authoritarians are pretty good at divide and rule...

Quote:
First they take the jobs from the blacks, now they are going to step over them politically...
And this would be just the kind of rhetoric used...

Quote:
(Do they hosenstly think that the Hispanics will "parley" with them?...I don't think so - They have their own agenda)
Yep, they would continuously hammer fear...

Quote:
And this nonsense about the jobs being too low paying...If the market wasn't flooded with cheap labor, those jobs would be paying much more...Much more...
You're certainly in love with the word...

Quote:
The illegals just destroyed the opportunity for low skilled laborers to improve their economic well being.
And yet businesses aren't the ones to be targeted and blamed...

Quote:
The whole thing should have been MANAGED...Not the free-for-all thast did occur.
The Indians also tried, and thought along the lines, I'm sure...

Quote:
PS..if the Republicans did crack down on the illegals, there would have been racism charges up the ying-yang...who's BSing who here?
You.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
That won't happen anytime soon. Didn't you notice how many fools in the houses nearly had an org*** at the end of Calderon's speech where he criticized Arizonas attempt to crackdown on illegal immigration. They were nothing but a disgrace.
Especially when you consider Calderon's answers to Wolf Blitzer's questions on Mexico's illegal immigration laws. I would personally like to call Mexico's President Calderon a hypocrite for denouncing Arizona's immigration laws when his own nation's laws are far worse and his military and police routinely violation human rights laws in their enforcement of Mexico's immigration laws upon their southern immigrants.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I don't disagree with what you said in that post.
What I was saying is that, what is the point in discussing the issue
if there's a fundamental disagreement? Same goes to the health insurance reform.
Health care reform had many elements borrowed from republican version of the reform from the early-mid 90s. And, chances are, if the republicans didn't walk in lock-step, they could have had more impact on the bill. You can't be a drama queen and be taken seriously, more so when you're in no position to stop the bill. You participate, looking for the best interest of the people, not your political future.

But, why opposition to discuss? What is wrong with it?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
But, why opposition to discuss? What is wrong with it?
Because there is a Fundamental Disagreement.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times
Quote:
From the article:

"ICE has the legal discretion to accept or not to accept persons delivered to it by non-federal personnel," Napolitano said. "It also has the discretion to deport or not to deport persons delivered to it by any government agents, even its own."
Sure, it allows them to have final say on deporting someone on a one-by-one basis....there could be circumstances where it need to be used from time to time. Choosing not to deport anyone here illegally that gets handed over from one specific state (while not doing that with any other state), is a whole different story. That would amount to denying deportation on a state-by-state basis and the only way I could see that happening is if they passed a law with regulations for deportation that only Arizona didn't meet.

Quote:
This is why an individual state trying to enforce federal laws without first establishing parameters with the federal government is stupid. Maybe your hero governor shouldn't have signed this ridiculous law until she properly evaluated it's practicality. With no where to house them and no way to deport them, the law only serves as political fodder for the baggers which is all is what intended to.
To think that it was the intention of this new law to be passed for anything other than to minimize the burden that illegal immigration is now creating for Arizona, especially of all things, to help the tea party movement in some way....is priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies