Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Shameful isn't the word I would use. These people are idiots. True idiots. I feel so sorry for any state whose children have to suffer this despicable garbage in their textbooks. At least California is working to outlaw having any of the filthy lies and distorted agenda show up in any of their textbooks.
Yeah..learning about the true wording in the Constitution vs consensus thinking is repugnant to you libs..isn't it ?

BTW..your link is dated. There have been amendments/changes since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great! It shows that the nation is awakening from the fog of liberalism and is rejecting the concepts of political correctness, as developed by Stalin.
Just like Nazi Germany. Hitler hated liberalism, Stalin, secularism and used the propaganda to shove his opinion into the education system, and politics.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:58 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
By the way, does anyone have a list of these "hundreds of changes"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Just like Nazi Germany. Hitler hated liberalism, Stalin, secularism and used the propaganda to shove his opinion into the education system, and politics.
But isn't that what the Dems did when they were the majority on that Texas board and were able to get their liberal views of history into the books ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.
I think you do...

Quote:
Yeah..learning about the true wording in the Constitution vs consensus thinking is repugnant to you libs..isn't it ?
So, condoning separation of church and state is consensus thinking propagated by liberals, while constitution actually wants mixing of the two?

Please enlighten us, the libs.

Quote:
But isn't that what the Dems did when they were the majority on that Texas board and were able to get their liberal views of history into the books ?
For example... (important for discussion)

Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
So, condoning separation of church and state is consensus thinking propagated by liberals, while constitution actually wants mixing of the two?
How's about you go look up that exact wording in the constitution.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Love it. About time we started to take back what was ours in the first place. Namely more Conservative ideals especially where are children are concerned. I HAD to learn about evolution back in high school and hated it. I hear all the time of how we shouldn't "make children say the Pledge of Allegiance", or the such. What's really funny is how OUR educational system has finally shifted to the right after years of being on the left. Guess Texans have had enough of what passed for education in the past. Yippeee!
Ahh hell you know what. We should just ban Science class shouldn't we??

Old 05-21-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
How's about you go look up that exact wording in the constitution.
Yeah, that is such a big deal! And a great way to avoid a logic-based discussion. I asked for examples of your claims, so we can discuss. Please respond only if you have something.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Let Freedom Ring....

Old 05-22-2010, 12:30 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Shameful isn't the word I would use. These people are idiots. True idiots. I feel so sorry for any state whose children have to suffer this despicable garbage in their textbooks. At least California is working to outlaw having any of the filthy lies and distorted agenda show up in any of their textbooks.
California might need to worry more about California than what is happening in Texas. There has to be a reason people are fleeing the state in droves...and moving to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies