Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,203,406 times

Advertisements

Why is this not included in recruitment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 08:30 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,381,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Why is this not included in recruitment?
Because in the majority of the cases, it's the fault of the veteran himself and not through the actions of the US Military. Gee, that's like requiring colleges to recruit potential students by telling the females they may become a victim of rape or telling all students attending college may lead to a dependence on narcotic drugs and alcohol or telling them they may suffer an emotional break down and attempt suicide.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:38 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,004,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
To understand the other side, you have to allow yourself to become a mindless trained killer of non-threatening civilians yourself.
These are the people you need to spend time with to understand.
Your posts, sir, are completely assinine. How many bases have you spent time on getting to know the soldiers? Each and every soldier/Sailor/Airman I've ever been around have been the most decent people Ive ever been fortunate enough to meet.
And as for mindless trained killer...yeah, right. Lets see you operate a nuclear reactor like my boyfriend, or any of the equipment Sailor Dave has operated on, and see if you can call it mindless. I doubt you'd get past the first piece of machinery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In other words, you were not trained for combat. Or you would have disobeyed orders to kill. But Berkeley can't distinguish you from the other servicemen who are combat-ready. Uniforms look similar.
Once again you prove yourself outrageously ignorant. Here. Let me give you a visual education.

This is Army.

This is Air Force. Theirs is the most distinguishable blue.

This is Navy...the summer version of this one is white.

And finally, Marines. Theirs looks like a bellhop.

They look nothing alike.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,499,574 times
Bellhop? you must be an Army puke

Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Because in the majority of the cases, it's the fault of the veteran himself and not through the actions of the US Military. Gee, that's like requiring colleges to recruit potential students by telling the females they may become a victim of rape or telling all students attending college may lead to a dependence on narcotic drugs and alcohol or telling them they may suffer an emotional break down and attempt suicide.
The correct answer is because they wouldn't join. After my dad got back to the States from Viet Nam, he became a recruiter. And when I was old enough he took me down to talk to one. You see, he joined the army for apple pie, chevrolet and baseball.

Since you didn't bother to read this the first time I posted it, I will pull it out for you.

Quote:
The current propaganda meme is that the combat damaged troops are trying to game the system to bilk the taxpayer out of hard earned cash. Military veterans who earned these benefits by virtue of their sacrifice and service to the nation are being Swiftboated by operatives of the government which uses "Support The Troops" as a smokescreen. The horrors of war are obscured by blaming the veteran. According to the propaganda, the high incidence rate of PSTD is ostensibly caused by personal defects or greed.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,571,713 times
Quote:
And how many more did the communist of North Vietnam kill once the US military left Vietnam in the killing fields and re-education camps?
Translation:

Yeah, but we're better than North Vietnam!"

Now, there's something to be proud of.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Bellhop? you must be an Army puke
Heaven forbid!

I am the proud girlfriend to a U.S Navy Nuke.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Heaven forbid!

I am the proud girlfriend to a U.S Navy Nuke.
Ask your boyfriend if he was on mando 20 study hours in nuke school? He'll know what it means. I couldn't make it through nuke power school. Had a nervous break down. In a two week time period my fiance of two years left me (for the man who she would eventually marry and suffer from his physical abuse), two relatives died but were too distant to qualify for leave, three guys I went to bootcamp with attempted suicide (one was successful), and starting Nuclear Power School. I have no idea why I broke down but once they told me I was out of the program I was partying on the town. Tell him my Nuke school was in Orlando, Florida. Eat your heart out!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 PM

The Navy dress blues (the black uniform) isn't comfortable but is very warm in winter since it's made of wool. I hated the 13 buttons for the pants. Several guys who had to wear that uniform on a regular basis had the 13 buttons sewn to the outside flaps and velcro sewn into the inside of the flaps. Came in handy when the beer passed through the body or a girl wanted to offer her "support". Though the whites were cooler (temperature), they were a very big pain in the backside. It was a magnet for dirt of anykind. I swear you could get dirty in that thing standing still for 5 minutes. They've been making changes to the Navy's working dress uniforms. They resemble the Marines working uniform with short sleeves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Your posts, sir, are completely assinine. How many bases have you spent time on getting to know the soldiers? Each and every soldier/Sailor/Airman I've ever been around have been the most decent people Ive ever been fortunate enough to meet.
And as for mindless trained killer...yeah, right. Lets see you operate a nuclear reactor like my boyfriend, or any of the equipment Sailor Dave has operated on, and see if you can call it mindless. I doubt you'd get past the first piece of machinery.

Once again you prove yourself outrageously ignorant. Here. Let me give you a visual education.

This is Army.

This is Air Force. Theirs is the most distinguishable blue.

This is Navy...the summer version of this one is white.

And finally, Marines. Theirs looks like a bellhop.

They look nothing alike.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Ask your boyfriend if he was on mando 20 study hours in nuke school? He'll know what it means. I couldn't make it through nuke power school. Had a nervous break down. In a two week time period my fiance of two years left me (for the man who she would eventually marry and suffer from his physical abuse), two relatives died but were too distant to qualify for leave, three guys I went to bootcamp with attempted suicide (one was successful), and starting Nuclear Power School. I have no idea why I broke down but once they told me I was out of the program I was partying on the town. Tell him my Nuke school was in Orlando, Florida. Eat your heart out!
lol His was here in Charleston. And I do know he did get mandatory study hours in Nuke school...not sure how many. I cant ask him anything right now because his ship is out to sea at the moment...the email SUCKS.

Two more years and he's out...and he has a standing job offer from a Nuclear plant already.

We've done 4 years so far long distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies