Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:29 PM

362 posts, read 773,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Actually, I have learned in my dealings with people in public and in business, the most racist people I feel are poor Blacks , wealthy and upper class Whites (in Liberal areas), and elderly Hispanics and Asians. I'm not saying that this is true but its just what I have seen.
I have to agree with this statement. the wealthy whites are all for liberal agendas, all the while praying to GOD no minority ever moves into their posh neighborhoods, LOL...poor blacks are pain in the a** period, nevermind racist.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,505,116 times
to the OP

amazing how many here are in the "if the shoe fits" category

Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,498,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
...poor blacks are pain in the a** period, nevermind racist.
Yes, blame it all on poor minorities. The people that have the least effect on everybody. You probably deserve to have pain in your @ss.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,075,581 times
Which ignorant group does the OP belong to?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:15 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,042,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Which ignorant group does the OP belong to?
Whites.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:23 PM

894 posts, read 1,125,162 times
Funny thing is, there's more talk about "race" here than there is in REAL life. In my day-to-day life, I have tons of friends that are black, asian, cuban, russian, pakistani, brazillian, french, and white. Guess what? Not one of my black friends plays the race card, ever. Not one of my white friends (many of whom are upper-middle class) are "worried" over blacks moving into their posh neighborhoods.

There are MORE people like the friends I have, than there are ones that worry about diversification of their neighborhoods and/or play the race card.

The race card players and diversification worriers are a MINORITY and as such, make the most noise so they get noticed.

Advice: don't feed their need for attention. Ignore them, and they will fade away and the rest of us "normal" folks that don't care about what color someone's skin is, will simply go about our daily lives befriending those that treat us as equals, respect us as people, and share the same ideology that we are ALL human regardless of the color of our skin.

For the record ... I'm white. I'm also blind. I don't see skin color anyway. All I know are "people", and that's how others should "SEE" people as well.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:39 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,298,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Actually, I have learned in my dealings with people in public and in business, the most racist people I feel are poor Blacks , wealthy and upper class Whites (in Liberal areas), and elderly Hispanics and Asians. I'm not saying that this is true but its just what I have seen.
This is probably a pretty accurate post. Older, upper class white, had enough resources financially to keep totally away from minorities, never had to goto school with any, so whatever racist "minorites ain't s***" attitude they learned from parents going back to slavery days, they were probably able to keep it b/c of the financial ability to stay in their own world. They tend to carry a bit of a snooty, elitist attitude.

Ederly Asians and Hispanics have such strong cultural ties that although they're in America, many want to isolate themselves into their own community, speak the language of the motherland and god forbid one of their kids marries out of race. A ederly Asian especially would just flip! (unless its maybe Will Smith or somebody like that)

And yes, even though I am black, i will be the 1st to admit, poor blacks are a pain in the ass and too many still use slavery as an excuse. Thats an excuse for the black people of yesterday. Traditionally in this country, whenever a neighborhood went bad, it expereienced "white flight" b/c historically thats who has had the money to cut out. But now in many areas (Miami, los Angeles, Parts of NYC), u have "black flight" going on also b/c as blacks move into the middle class, many become embarrased an annoyed by ghetto antics and want to move far away and not associate with the pain in the ass poor blacks and hispanics.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:45 PM

469 posts, read 578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
i was slightly offended by the first post, until i realized there are other people out there who actually do what the OP said.

i don't think he' referring to level headed civil Americans, he's referring to the crazies.

(cough) indentured servant (cough)

i haven't seen too many "i hate black people" threads, but i've seen tons of "lets hold whitey accountable for tea parties, the KKK, alllllll hate crimes, and my dinner that got burned on the stove"

that would make me a little angry towards people who generalize against me.
In math class I learned the term "standard deviation." Ron is right. Not every American black or white behave this way, but enough of us do that all we end up doing is hurting ourselves by hurting each other. We are stupid. The only person you can control is yourself. How do you contribute to the problem of the racial division in this country. And if you think your ugly posts on this forum don't count. Think again. What is you vision and goal of race relations in a America? How do we get there from here? Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Old 05-22-2010, 04:00 PM

469 posts, read 578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Funny thing is, there's more talk about "race" here than there is in REAL life. In my day-to-day life, I have tons of friends that are black, asian, cuban, russian, pakistani, brazillian, french, and white. Guess what? Not one of my black friends plays the race card, ever. Not one of my white friends (many of whom are upper-middle class) are "worried" over blacks moving into their posh neighborhoods.

There are MORE people like the friends I have, than there are ones that worry about diversification of their neighborhoods and/or play the race card.

The race card players and diversification worriers are a MINORITY and as such, make the most noise so they get noticed.

Advice: don't feed their need for attention. Ignore them, and they will fade away and the rest of us "normal" folks that don't care about what color someone's skin is, will simply go about our daily lives befriending those that treat us as equals, respect us as people, and share the same ideology that we are ALL human regardless of the color of our skin.

For the record ... I'm white. I'm also blind. I don't see skin color anyway. All I know are "people", and that's how others should "SEE" people as well.
Absolutely True!! But too many people don't focus on how far we've come. They don't focus on how to keep heading in the right direction. They focus on how it still isn't perfect and how that lack of perfection requires more of us.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:28 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,298,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
I have to agree with this statement. the wealthy whites are all for liberal agendas, all the while praying to GOD no minority ever moves into their posh neighborhoods, LOL...poor blacks are pain in the a** period, nevermind racist.
I have to disagree. I'd finger middle to upper class blacks and poor whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.