Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:54 PM

240 posts, read 537,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Unions started off with good intentions but many are now just disgraceful. Take the recent report about bus drivers in NYC. In their contract, they get 2 months paid time off, if they are spit on. Liberals at their worst. What a waste of tax payer money many unions are.
I personally know how corrupt unions are. I dealt with the AFGE as a department head for 23 years. Some of the most criminal, corrupt, lying, lazy thieves I ever met outside of a federal prison are the e--board AFGE "leaders."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
I don't claim to know much about any of this stuff, and I really don't know much about politics, BUT if this was such a problem and it was Cheney and Bush, why did the democratic congress for the past 4 yrs or however long it has been not change things?

Edit: Maybe this was a joke post that I replied to?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Dodd is an idiot... Bush is an idiot... apparently idiocy is in both political spectrum... the left just likes to live in denial about it...

Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Bush's policies of deregulation and government that is buddy-buddy with corporate America .....
And how is Obama any different? He bailed out his buddies at taxpayer expense. Who chose who to bail out and who to let fail? Obama did. He is just as tight with corporate America as any previous president. The only difference is he gets to choose his buddies and they get billions from the tax payers.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Oil industry support Bush campaign

Oil industry support Bush campaign

Just to be clear on the topic:

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Obama: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]I don’t take money from oil companies or Washington lobbyists, and I won’t let them block change anymore. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]It's true that Obama doesn't take money directly from oil companies, but then, no presidential, House or Senate candidate does. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]They can't: Corporations have been prohibited from contributing directly to federal candidates since the Tillman Act became law in 1907.

Obama has, however, accepted more than $213,000 in contributions from individuals who work for, or whose spouses work for, companies in the oil and gas industry, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. That's not as much as Sen. Hillary Clinton, who has received more than $306,000 in donations from people tied to the industry, but it's still a substantial amount.

FactCheck.org: Obama's Oil Spill
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Actually, the unions have ruined the middle class........You only have to look at the rot of Detroit and Pittsburgh to see that, if not, you're simply blind.
Really please tell me how the unions were responsible for corporate greed. Tell me which company you think was destroyed by the unions and we can have that debate. Here's a hint though bring more than the fox news sound bites.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Unions started off with good intentions but many are now just disgraceful. Take the recent report about bus drivers in NYC. In their contract, they get 2 months paid time off, if they are spit on. Liberals at their worst. What a waste of tax payer money many unions are.
And if they're raped they even get more time off.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Dodd is a charlatan and a lier

Old 05-26-2010, 09:05 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
And if they're raped they even get more time off.
Are you serious? You are going to compare getting spit on to rape?! You justify 2 months paid vacation at tax payers expense because you get spit on? And you justify it ...somehow....by bringing up rape?

Ill just have to tape my mouth shut for now so I dont say what I really want to to you. Ill just say this: Its people like you why so many of us fight, expose, and try to stop the left as much as we can. I bring up spitting, and you come back with a smart ass comment on rape. Unbelievable

Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Don't confuse them with facts. They might short circuit. Actually, that would not be a bad thing.
Was Bush sure enough in charge of that bunch from MMS that bragged about the safety preparedness of that very rig about 2 weeks before the explosion? I thought he left office the day of the Coronation in 2009 but maybe he stayed around for nearly a year and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies