Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If this is so, why have there been no fearless Maher commentaries on the destruction of the Gulf Coast by this shilly-shallying President who is so obviously in the pocket of the oil companies?

Hell, Maher was still doing the Bush-Katrina schtick last week, even as Obama was mulling putting togehter a committee to uh study the situation.

Maher is yet one more cheapjack shill for the DNC. Colbert without a network is what he is...
I don't think anyone knows what to do with this tragedy. I agree that Bill should be on Obama about the issue more, however that doesn't dismiss his credibility considering no one has answers on how to attack the situation.

What makes you think he's in the "pocket" with the oil companies?

So you watch Bill and still consider him a dem? did he step on your red shoes a bit too much?

Btw I'd much rather see him on HBO uncensored than one of the slanted news channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
I actually watch Bill when I get a chance to. He is entertaining that is for sure. There have been many a time though, when I about threw a shoe through the tv on some of his viewpoints. All in all, he is my co-favorite tv personality along with The Colbert Report on comedic politics. He's one of those guys(for me) that I love to hate, but love to watch.......

Last edited by kingdomcome1; 05-25-2010 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 05-25-2010, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 2,615 times
Bill maher does not pull punches and the tinfoil hats cant keep out all the neg. things he says.
Waaaaaaa. When he says this a nation full of stupid people they crap a brick. LOL. Its the truth, you have glen beck and his nut jobs how can you say its not a nation of idiots.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Yeah, as if things are just working out masterfully for Obama and the Dems, the latter of which have controlled the legislative branch since Jan. of '07.

Rachel Mad Cow, Overblown, Matthews, and the rest of the lame stream media need to go take a hike. Maher is a pompous, elitist idiot who appeals to people who hate this country, and want to turn this country into just another lame Euro-trash nanny state with no balls.

We're in serious trouble in this country, yet people continue to believe entertainers and blowhards like Joy Behar and Bill Maher. I'm convinced large swaths of the electorate are still asleep, which spells trouble for this country.

These idiots don't have even an Economics 101 understanding of the U.S. economy, yet they're still trumpeting how great Obama is, and that the rest of us who are unhappy with the current state of affairs we find ourselves in (the vast majority of Americans) are looked down upon, called names, and made fun of.

The **** storm hasn't hit, yet, mark my words.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What Fox wants to sound like, is different from what they expect of the sheeple that flock to it. That is a distinction it maintains, I can't take it away from them.
Kind of like the folks who delude themselves into thinking that Maher is more than a shill for the DNC.

Quote:
Are there specific points you had issues with? (That was my question, the content, not the personality himself).
The point of his bit was that the GOP grownups let the fringe run their show. How is that different from the Dems? I mean, Rush and Beck are annoying, but the oil spill is catastrophic. Mum, however, remains the word from the leftwingnuts. And Billy keeps on keeping to the party line as the Gulf goes down in toxins.

Though I guess if BP keeps up the flow, Obama WILL actually be able to walk on the water. Perhaps the opportunity for a Jesus two-fer might motivate even Maher to tweak the divine Mr. O... You'll be watching. Let us know.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I don't think anyone knows what to do with this tragedy. I agree that Bill should be on Obama about the issue more, however that doesn't dismiss his credibility considering no one has answers on how to attack the situation.
"The prez hasn't a clue." Not trenchant enough for Bill? Come ON....

Quote:
What makes you think he's in the "pocket" with the oil companies?
Assuming youre referring to Obama, my answer is: 35 days.

Quote:
So you watch Bill and still consider him a dem? did he step on your red shoes a bit too much?
No, it's his hypocrisy. And the utter cluelessness of his fans.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 PM

41 posts, read 21,005 times
Spot on.

Bunch of damned babies who can't get over losing.

Pathetic.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 PM

41 posts, read 21,005 times
Quote:

He is anything but a hypocrite. He spares no affiliation.

I know. Tough concept for people who tend to fall into ideological lock-step.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Try yucking it up with the folks who make their living on the Gulf fisheries.

They'll appreciate your light-hearted approach.

But wouldn't they more likely appreciate your technical advice for the BP engineers?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:

Almost 35 days of BP cover up! As far as I know the government does not have trained experts that can get their head around an oil leak in 5000'+ nor do they have the submersables capable of investigating the incident. This is something that former presidents overlooked. Speaking of which I wonder what Bush Jr. is doing? cleaning up or counting his chips? Judging by his past efforts with Katrina probably the latter.

As for the utter cluelessness of Maher's fans you seem to be well versed in his work, but yet still call him a dem? Time to wake up. Take what he says as awareness and not gospel. He only has 1 hour a week last I checked.

It's a shame that Obama is in the hot seat through these economic times. He will be the scapegoat for many GOP's for years to come which is unfortunate considering the mess JR got the country in. Hopefully the independent party gets some steam by the next election!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies