Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times

Advertisements

http://www.google.com/search?q=tenne...ed=0CCQQsQQwAA
Tennessee is working on their own anti illegal immigration law as the States do what the Federal government is not willing to do. This is another example of how disconnected the Federal government has become from the will of the people and why we need to fight to reduce its power and influence in our lives and restore power to the States .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Guess that makes Texas and Tennessee that may have a similar law next year

Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Trust me, in the long run being barred from TN can only do the illegal immigrants far more good than harm.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Trust me, in the long run being barred from TN can only do the illegal immigrants far more good than harm.
Yeah, free education and a myriad of other government services. Sheesh, I can't think why any illegal would want that.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
tennessee anti immigration law - Google Search
Tennessee is working on their own anti illegal immigration law as the States do what the Federal government is not willing to do. This is another example of how disconnected the Federal government has become from the will of the people and why we need to fight to reduce its power and influence in our lives and restore power to the States .

Pretty soon, every conservative state will enforce illegal immigration laws. As a result, all the illegals will seek out liberal state "safe havens". The liberals will be happy, as they will get what they want- to support the education, housing, and healthcare for all the illegals.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Why?

I'm from Tennessee, its one of the fastest growing states in the country and EVERYONE I know wants to move there.

I wish I could have stayed up there, and if I can find a job, doing what I do, I will be there.

Arizonas law was amended, to say that police can only check your id, during legal contact. Thats been defined as when you have broken a law, and an officer catches you, then they can check your citizenship status.

If your legal, a quick SS number run, finger prints, or drivers license, and you're done.

I was originally against the Arizona law, because it was to loosely worded. Now that its amended, I have no problem with it.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM

94 posts, read 69,672 times
Quote:
What a moronic statement. I live in Nashville and we've been 'enriched' by these illegals to the tune of gang warfare and increased welfare spending.

Diversity - it benefits White people oh so much.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
What a moronic statement. I live in Nashville and we've been 'enriched' by these illegals to the tune of gang warfare and increased welfare spending.

Diversity - it benefits White people oh so much.
I was talking to a store manager down here, she transferred from Mufreesboro. She said the same thing, that the Mexican immigrants had taken over there, and the Antioch areas, the place where I lived when in town.

I remember Antioch and the "boro" was were many people wanted to live. Now, not so much.

I hate to see the Nashville metro area turning into another white flight disaster area.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times

Way to go TN!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM

217 posts, read 125,838 times
Good news finally! Now if only my state would get on board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies