Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
According to a right-wing columnist (I think George Will) taxes in NJ have gotten so high that millionaires have moved to New York, hardly a tax haven. So maybe taxes have already reached the stomach turning point. What to cut is a tricky subject: I don't think that drastically cutting union workers' wages, as attractive as that sounds, will be enough.

Nope, it was Boston College, hardly a right wing institution.

Wealthy Avoid New Jersey - Forbes.com

Of course cutting union salaries will not be enough but it is agreat place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 05:08 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
New Jersey, where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the governor keeps eating.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
New Jersey, where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the governor keeps eating.

Unfortunately NJ is the state the rich flee and the unions fleece.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Unfortunately NJ is the state the rich flee and the unions fleece.
More like the state where the governor eats the kids and feeds the rich. Gov. Krispy has only been in office a few months and his approval rating has plummeted.

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie's approval rating drops 9 points after budget proposal | - NJ.com

Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
More like the state where the governor eats the kids and feeds the rich. Gov. Krispy has only been in office a few months and his approval rating has plummeted.

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie's approval rating drops 9 points after budget proposal | - NJ.com

Clearly you didn't read the link regarding the wealthy flee NJ. Give it a shot it, you may learn something. I'll make it easy for you.

Oh and how about the lovely NJEA and it's $100 million war chest. They are a charming group.

Christie is refreshing because he is governing by doing what is right for the state not for re-election. I'll let you in on a secret, we have an $11 billion hole in the budget we need decisive action not rearranging the deck chairs. The union can throw a tantrum but we will cut spending.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Clearly you didn't read the link regarding the wealthy flee NJ. Give it a shot it, you may learn something. I'll make it easy for you.

Oh and how about the lovely NJEA and it's $100 million war chest. They are a charming group.

Christie is refreshing because he is governing by doing what is right for the state not for re-election. I'll let you in on a secret, we have an $11 billion hole in the budget we need decisive action not rearranging the deck chairs. The union can throw a tantrum but we will cut spending.
It's no shock that you'd side with the rich and watch teachers get laid off and class sizes rise. Decisive action would be to RAISE TAXES not punt kids futures so folks in Alpine can keep their lawn furniture.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:

If you like polls check this one out.

Poll gives mixed reviews for N.J. Gov. Chris Christie | - NJ.com

Notice who doesn't like him? Civil Servents what a shock.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
It's no shock that you'd side with the rich and watch teachers get laid off and class sizes rise. Decisive action would be to RAISE TAXES not punt kids futures so folks in Alpine can keep their lawn furniture.
I side with the working class in the state. If the rich continue to flee guess who will be stuck holding the bag? Those who can't afford to leave.

By the way raising taxes in the past has done oh so much to help the problem. LOL.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I side with the working class in the state. If the rich continue to flee guess who will be stuck holding the bag? Those who can't afford to leave.
I get it, so the answer is to cry uncle to the rich who threaten to leave and fleece the kids and the working class because they have no fiscal leverage. That's so republican.

By the way, trickle down has NEVER worked..LOL

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I get it, so the answer is to cry uncle to the rich who threaten to leave and fleece the kids and the working class because they have no fiscal leverage. That's so republican.

By the way, trickle down has NEVER worked..LOL

Listen my friend, they are not threatening, they are leaving. READ THE BOSTON COLLEGE STUDY!

Taxing your way out of debt has never worked. Who is talking about trickle down? Do even know what that means?! Christie is cutting spending!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies