Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
This is a great example of how Teabaggers see the world in very simplistic, black/white terms that don't really work in the real world.

The entire poll is one big straw man argument.

yeah right, in a liberals perfect world there would be no ownership of anything and no rights either, except for the ones the goverment gives you.

what a country you live in, dont invite me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
You make a good point. When did we expressly consent to be governed? I have wracked my brain to remember when I did and I just can't remember. I checked my document safe. I found my lease, my marriage certificate, my divorce decree, the bill of sale for my car, but dang it, I couldn't find the document of my expressed consent to be governed. You know, I don't think I did expressly consent now that I think about it. Did you?

YouTube - Do Not Consent To Be Governed

I DID NOT. At least not directly. The list of items in your document safe makes one wonder however, if consent could be conveyed by assumption, when one simply participates by taking anything administered by a governmental entity. Which I desperatly try to avoid at almost any cost. But, like you, I was signed up with a number, at the behest of my parents, long before reaching the age of majority. And certainly with no more understanding of the downside of doing so at the time.

Not the lease, nor the bill of sale for a vehicle, but a "license" to marry, or drive a vehicle, or the act of voting in a general election, for example. If one refuses to consent to be governed, why would one partake of those "services"? By definition, they would have no meaning, nor application to the individual.

I'm onboard with the notion that I do not need any level of government to take care of, or watch over me. I've never asked anything of them, and I have no intention to. But by default, I seem to be compelled to abide by certain "rules" imposed that are necessary to simply function on a day to day basis. There seems to be no way out of the slavery loop.

YC.......

edit: Posted before watching your vid, which addressed some of this post. Interesting stuff, will visit your blogs later.

Last edited by Compression; 05-29-2010 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies