Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I agree, they should be more forthcoming about all their donors. Boycott Hormel ham!
I don't recall them lying about any other funding source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:43 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't recall them lying about any other funding source.
They didnt lie about Soros, but they were disingenuous about it, no matter how benign the facts are. I'd rather they be 100% up front about every nickel, the better to disallow rumors taking hold.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:08 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I love to look at Fox News people and so going to Media Matters is the place to do that.

I have their copy of Presidential behavior for all to see. That place is really some kind of kicks. Of course, I know that their primary duty these days is the discrediting of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

Right-wing rules for presidents on Memorial Day: A visual guide | Media Matters for America
Thanks for the link, roy. I don't usually read MM and would have missed it. It is spot on, isn't it??

Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Um, swagger, the links, video etc. are to the direct sources for their claims. Look over there and see.
Um, delusianne, I was speaking more in general; not about any story in particular.

Quote:
They have to be scrupulous in order to stay in business, you see.
No, they don't. The aforementioned Michael Moore has done quite well for himself, and he's a piece of crap. All they need is someone throwing money at them to stay in business, and they have that - no need to be scrupulous.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
Default %

Quote:
When will Media Matters disclose it's ties to Soros?
Media Matters doesn't have ties to Soros. It's a red herring, if their funding was 100% by Soros it doesn't change their reporting one iota. The Fox news channel was funded by Rupert Murdoch, a conservative, but that alone doesn't make their reporting inaccurate.

The conservative Washington Times which we love calling the Mooney Times, is funded by Rev. Moon and has never made a penny. Rev. Moon claims to be the Messiah, BTW.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Media Matters doesn't have ties to Soros. It's a red herring, if their funding was 100% by Soros it doesn't change their reporting one iota. The Fox news channel was funded by Rupert Murdoch, a conservative, but that alone doesn't make their reporting inaccurate.

The conservative Washington Times which we love calling the Mooney Times, is funded by Rev. Moon and has never made a penny. Rev. Moon claims to be the Messiah, BTW.

Who said Soros funded MM 100%? Again was Mr Eastons income 100% from BOA?

Of course it makes Media Matters report hypocritical and unreliable since it is lying about funding from Soros.

FOX never denied being owned by Murdoch nor the Washington Times deny being owned by Moon.

Why the slavish defense of the indefensible. Let it go. Even those who share your ideology understand what Media Matters did was wrong. Clearly you haven't read the thread look at post 26 by a fellow traveler, then read my reply. Media Matters clearly is lying.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Exactly. And I would add, that if they were lying Liberals and Progressives would drop them in a flash.
Ha ha ready to drop them now?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,209 times
Quote:
Who said Soros funded MM 100%? Again was Mr Eastons income 100% from BOA?

Of course it makes Media Matters report hypocritical and unreliable since it is lying about funding from Soros.

FOX never denied being owned by Murdoch nor the Washington Times deny being owned by Moon.

Why the slavish defense of the indefensible. Let it go. Even those who share your ideology understand what Media Matters did was wrong. Clearly you haven't read the thread look at post 26 by a fellow traveler, then read my reply. Media Matters clearly is lying.
Pay attention, I wasn't speaking of BOA - I never mentioned BOA so why do you lay that at my feet? I was using a hypothetical. My point was simply that who funds an organization doesn't mean they are not accurate.

Let's cut to the chaise, why is it so important to prove that Soros funds Media Matters?

Media Matters is a not-for-profit 501c3 organization. It seems to me that they would need to disclose any funding they got and that information should be available.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Um, delusianne, I was speaking more in general; not about any story in particular.
So am I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No, they don't. The aforementioned Michael Moore has done quite well for himself, and he's a piece of crap. All they need is someone throwing money at them to stay in business, and they have that - no need to be scrupulous.
So... give some examples of how unscrupulous they are, then.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Ha ha ready to drop them now?
What are they lying about, according to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies