Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 PM

683 posts, read 428,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Do conservative women know how men in their party really feel about them? I was talking to a big time conservative friend of mine(yes I have them)about Nicki Haley getting caught cheating and he said to me,"I dont care I'm tired of seeing women in leadership anyway". That got me thinking,do conservative men really like females in charge? Just asking I have no clue except my one bud who made the statement.
When did Conservative become a political party?

My conservative wife knows exactly how this conservative man feels about her, I feel like she my equal and in many ways we compliment each other. She's way more organized than I am and she's able to keep a cool head with idiots much longer than I can. She knows I'd die to protect her, our home and our family and I know she would do the same to protect my children. She's a great mother who will instill conservative values in my children and will raise them to hopefully be great adults. She knows that even though we've been married for 8 years I still open doors for her, not because I'm some knuckle dragging, woman hating, Southern redneck but because I consider her to be a treasure in my life and I enjoy doing things that make her feel special/valuable. She knows that she never has to worry about physical violence in our home and she knows that while I take my job of provider very seriously I also know that whatever money I bring into our home is ours, not mine. She knows that in 20 years I'm still going to call her mother Ms. or ma'am because that's how I was raised. She knows I respect her and I appreciate that she respects me and she knows that no matter what goes on in the world she's got someone on her side till the end.

Yes, the conservative woman in my life knows exactly how I feel about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 03:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post

My conservative wife knows exactly how this conservative man feels about her, I feel like she my equal and in many ways we compliment each other. She's way more organized than I am and she's able to keep a cool head with idiots much longer than I can. She knows I'd die to protect her, our home and our family and I know she would do the same to protect my children. She's a great mother who will instill conservative values in my children and will raise them to hopefully be great adults. She knows that even though we've been married for 8 years I still open doors for her, not because I'm some knuckle dragging, woman hating, Southern redneck but because I consider her to be a treasure in my life and I enjoy doing things that make her feel special/valuable. She knows that she never has to worry about physical violence in our home and she knows that while I take my job of provider very seriously I also know that whatever money I bring into our home is ours, not mine. She knows that in 20 years I'm still going to call her mother Ms. or ma'am because that's how I was raised. She knows I respect her and I appreciate that she respects me and she knows that no matter what goes on in the world she's got someone on her side till the end.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
As long as we are using anecdotes as data, My dad is ultra-conservative and spends about 8 hours a day watching Fox news and nodding his head. But he raised me and my sister from the start to have college degrees and careers and discouraged us from marrying and settling down until we were at least 30. Today we are both independent, and successful earners in the 6 figures. During his working life, he mentored a lot of women executives and always preferred having a female boss. he is pro choice as well.

Conservative =/= anti-women

Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Do conservative women know how men in their party really feel about them? I was talking to a big time conservative friend of mine(yes I have them)about Nicki Haley getting caught cheating and he said to me,"I dont care I'm tired of seeing women in leadership anyway". That got me thinking,do conservative men really like females in charge? Just asking I have no clue except my one bud who made the statement.

Seems to me if any party doesn't want women in charge it's democrats.

They threw Geraldine under the bus.

They had a chance to nominate Hillary and didn't.

They can't stand the thought of Sarah Palin being in any type of leadership position.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:27 PM

683 posts, read 428,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Seems to me if any party doesn't want women in charge it's democrats.

They threw Geraldine under the bus.

They had a chance to nominate Hillary and didn't.

They can't stand the thought of Sarah Palin being in any type of leadership position.
I have no problems whatsoever with women in leadership, my wife is essentially the leader of our home because she's good at it and she knows I hate dealing with bills, schedules, etc etc etc. I do have a problem with liberals in leadership because I don't share their views on pretty much anything, if that liberal happens to be a woman then I would have a problem with them just like any man who wants to force the mental illness of liberalism into my life.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:46 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
I have no problems whatsoever with women in leadership, my wife is essentially the leader of our home because she's good at it and she knows I hate dealing with bills, schedules, etc etc etc. I do have a problem with liberals in leadership because I don't share their views on pretty much anything, if that liberal happens to be a woman then I would have a problem with them just like any man who wants to force the mental illness of liberalism into my life.
I agree.

But that makes us racists and women-haters. LOLs.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:

Thank you sir for responding to the thread instead spending all your time attacking me.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I doubt the "story" this comes from a "conservative" friend.
I could care less what you think sanrene your an obama hating lost cause. I listen to you about as much as the man with the end is near sign

Old 05-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
As long as we are using anecdotes as data, My dad is ultra-conservative and spends about 8 hours a day watching Fox news and nodding his head. But he raised me and my sister from the start to have college degrees and careers and discouraged us from marrying and settling down until we were at least 30. Today we are both independent, and successful earners in the 6 figures. During his working life, he mentored a lot of women executives and always preferred having a female boss. he is pro choice as well.

Conservative =/= anti-women
He sounds like a very good Father. Thank you for your post

Old 05-27-2010, 04:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
The right never has and never will care about women. Thats why they all hate feminism. The idea of a woman in control is upsetting to them.

If she doesnt just sit at home, be the mans ***** and produce babies, shes no good.

All in the guise of "tradition"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies