Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:26 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times

Advertisements

Is this not a press conference?
Clip:
BS News Radio reporter Mark Knoller, the press corps' unofficial record-keeper, agrees that the July presser was the "last formal, prime-time White House news conference," but he points out that Obama did make a surprise appearance in the briefing room in February and took six questions. "I count that as a White House news conference," Knoller said, noting that other "news organizations seem to be ignoring that session so they can report he hasn't held a news conference since last July."
WH pulling out all the stops to defend oil spill handling to media - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl2269;_ylt=ApGcbXp.xFeAeaJZF5wtMhOyFz4D;_yl u=X3oDMTJnZDg5OTVxBGFzc2V0A3luZXdzLzIwMTAwNTI2L3lu ZXdzX3BsMjI2OQRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG 9yeQRzbGsDZnVsbG5ic3BzdG9y - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And this, from the most transparent administration ever?

308 days.

FOXNews.com - Obama Set to Hold First Full-Blown News Conference in 10 Months

He did a lot of that, musing that is.

After his last news conference where he created a controversy, it is no wonder his handlers have kept him away.
No kidding, and the press corpse has increasing been unamused by his disregard for them, and his non-transparent and open administration.

You know this means 0bama has been studying his rhetorical non-answer answers for weeks now. So he can probably give long winded nothing-answers to any conceivable question out there.

It's been over a year now, I wonder if 0bama will be asked again about what "enchants" him?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Apparently YOU can't understand WORDS if they're called a speech or a press conference or a talk or an interview.....

find yourself getting all confused?....
No, not confused at all.

From reading your posts and the posting name you have, it appeasrs you are the confused one.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
At this point, I don't really care if he talks or not. Obama has not proven to me that he's good for his word. He's only proven that he's a gifted orator. I'd almost prefer that he lay low and concentrate on the difficult task of governing - which has grown exponentially more difficult due to his own naivete and inexperience.

But if he insists on giving a press conference, I don't want to hear double-talking jive. I want to hear results-oriented action.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't know, maybe he was reading stuff like this from last July, and thought he was getting, um, a little over-exposed.

Obama is overexposed - he takes every opportunity to stage a media event. That is why his last 2 presser and the pseudo TH on HC were not watched - people grow weary of his empty rhetoric.
Oh my! DC, who would ever have written those words???

Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Good lord, he's a rambling fool.

Can he ever answer a question in a succinct, timely manner?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good lord, he's a rambling fool.

Can he ever answer a question in a succinct, timely manner?
Oh, my. The President just said that he takes FULL responsibility for any/all mistakes that may have been made responding to the oil spill. However are the rightists going to spin this?

Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, my. The President just said that he takes FULL responsibility for any/all mistakes that may have been made responding to the oil spill. However are the rightists going to spin this?
He did?

I didn't hear that. I heard the old dog of the bush administration is to blame.

I firmly believe he stretches his answers out way beyond tolerance to cut into the time for questions.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:

And a few short months ago you hypocritical rightists were whining and whining because Obama was all over, on TV, giving speeches .

Some of you wanted him to shut up.

YOU were sick of seeing him, he was CAMPAIGNING, he was ego-centric...he was explaining things!

NOW you claim ........????......
I'm glad I decided to scroll down to your post instead of following my first instinct
to reply to the OP immediately, you took the words right off of my fingertips!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
And if you saw him walking down the street and didn't know who he was YOU would call him "BLACK"...or probably the Rightists offical term for blacks ....
Yet you know hes half white correct and still calling him only black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies