Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
See, liberals are always playing on "feellings". Pictures like that do nothing to solve the problem.

Let's find a solution. Thank God that Obama is right there leading the troops! (except when he's vacationing in Chicago, golfing, playing BBall, meeting with championship BBall teams, campaigning for some democrat somewhere)

But he's there. Front and center. Leading the charge since day one.

"Daddy, why are we vacationing when the oil is still pouring out into the gulf?"
Yes, government needs to reign in corporations and control them! You are right!

Even the CEO of BP took off for the UK in the midst of this to celebrate his birthday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 09:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Don't twist my words.

BTW...government interference has done a great much more destruction to America than corporations could ever do.
Then why don't you have BP clean up the destruction they did? Let corporations invest in failsafe ways to prevent and repair the devastation they cause. After all, a corporation can do a better job, right?

Old 05-30-2010, 09:38 AM

412 posts, read 939,184 times
Quote:
See, liberals are always playing on "feellings". Pictures like that do nothing to solve the problem.

Let's find a solution. Thank God that Obama is right there leading the troops! (except when he's vacationing in Chicago, golfing, playing BBall, meeting with championship BBall teams, campaigning for some democrat somewhere)

But he's there. Front and center. Leading the charge since day one.

"Daddy, why are we vacationing when the oil is still pouring out into the gulf?"
First, I'm not sure what the point of your "see, liberals..." comment was. Do you think that we shouldn't see pictures of the devastation in the gulf? We shouldn't be aware of the true cost of our dependence on oil?

Let's find a solution? Many liberals already have - USE LESS OIL. Driving smaller, more fuel efficient cars is a good start. Investments in mass transit and renewable energies would also help.

You're obviously a conservative - why do you think it's the government's responsibility to clean this up anyway? As a liberal, I do think it's the government's responsibility to protect our natural resources, preferably before there is a huge disaster like this (for example - strict government regulation of the oil industry). But, I'm a little surprised that a conservative would expect the government to step in.

I do agree with you about what Obama has been up to recently. I know that he personally can't do much about this. But, he should be more sensitive to how it looks when he's golfing and playing basketball. If he needs to relax and let off some steam, play basketball in the White House, not in front of cameras. And, this certainly isn't an appropriate time for a vacation in Chicago.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then why don't you have BP clean up the destruction they did? Let corporations invest in failsafe ways to prevent and repair the devastation they cause. After all, a corporation can do a better job, right?
There is no "fail safe" way of drilling. It is much easier on land, still accidents happen.

Even more when transporting.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 AM

Driller1 - who is the expert that isn't allowed to work on fixing this leak for political reasons?

Old 05-30-2010, 09:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
Let's find a solution? Many liberals already have - USE LESS OIL. Driving smaller, more fuel efficient cars is a good start. Investments in mass transit and renewable energies would also help.
You're an anti-American communist

Old 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As we are horrifically witnessing now, it only takes one accident Sanrene. Only one to devastate our environment, wildlife, resources, and regional economies. All of this devastation will mushroom out to all of America.

Let our generation take responsibility! Let us be inconvenienced while renewable energy sources and products are developed. Instead of driving a gas guzzling SUV, show some respect for our environment and our children/grandchildren who will be left to live in the selfish mess we left them!
Let me know how your horse and buggy work out....

Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Let me know how your horse and buggy work out....
Are there only two options for you - stay the same or move backward? Some of us have confidence that America can move forward.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:04 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Driller1 - who is the expert that isn't allowed to work on fixing this leak for political reasons?

St. Louis scientist dumped from oil spill team because of his views on race and gays | KansasCity.com Prime Buzz

This man has an huge amount of knowledge.

Physics to hydraulics.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Are there only two options for you - stay the same or move backward? Some of us have confidence that America can move forward.
I'm sure your car will be running on sunshine or wind power in 10 years...Let me know how far you can go. Same goes for public transportation let me know how well it runs on sunshine......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies