Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The report is based on actual sexual assault reports available from the Pentagon. According the the article, which cites factual reports and percentages, the author is concerned that if homosexuals in the military are allowed to be open about their preference 1) there will be an increase in homosexual assault (which accounted for 8.2% of the reported cases in 2009) and 2) homosexuals may become a "protected class" within the military.

I would bet the farm that few, if any, of those sexual assaults committed by gays were on other gays. Otherwise, why the need for assault? Just go somewhere and do it in private. I'm not saying that the author's fears are well founded--only that it seems to be a well-researched article based on actual facts.

And gay posters who start threads here will proclaim there is no such thing as gay rape .

Who has their head in the sand?
The OP or the family council?

Although both the OP and the family council have an agenda, I will say------the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
I'm not anti-gay. I am however, in favor of preserving our military's readiness.
Gays and their activists don't care about that. They just want to stir the pot and conduct their little social experiment. Nobama doesn't even care about gays, he's doing this so he can wrap up their vote.
Some things are just better left as they are. What do you know about the military anyway? I mean, besides what nancy pelosi told you?
You're not anti-gay. You just want them to stay in the closet where they belong. Gotcha.

You're so obvious, cap'n.

Nobama? How original!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
"Our startling finding was that over eight percent (8.2%) of all military sexual assault cases were homosexual in nature."
Somebody check my math here.

That mean's that 91.8% of all military sexual assault cases were heterosexual in nature.

Perhaps rather than repealing DADT for gays, we should be implementing it for straights.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I would bet the farm that few, if any, of those sexual assaults committed by gays were on other gays. Otherwise, why the need for assault? Just go somewhere and do it in private. I'm not saying that the author's fears are well founded--only that it seems to be a well-researched article based on actual facts.
Would you also "bet the farm that few, if any, of those sexual assaults committed by" straights were on other straights. "Otherwise, why the need for assault?"

I guess "well-researched" and "well-reasoned" are two completely different things.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:03 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
And gay posters who start threads here will proclaim there is no such thing as gay rape .
Will they really, or is this just another craptacular straw man argument?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:10 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
The family research council is one of those wacko Fundie groups. I would take any "research" out of their camp with more than a grain of salt.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
The family research council is one of those wacko Fundie groups. I would take any "research" out of their camp with more than a grain of salt.
Chit! You could add a whole tablespoon of salt and it would still not be enough to 'improve the taste'.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious;
It's all about distractions, people will get killed over this decision. And you stupid people are too dense to see our military is not the place for social experiments.
You're going to have to grow up eventually and accept it, just as your forefathers did when they resisted blacks, women, etc. in the military.

If the soldiers can't handle it like mature adults, perhaps they shouldn't be serving and representing the United States.

Maybe we can replace a DADT for gays with DADT for idiots. Better to remain silent and have people think you're a fool and bigot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 PM

138 posts, read 165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
How are female personall getting pregnant while on deployment? Surely not in the 'gay tents'...........

Obviously people are hooking up regardless of their sexual orientation. Does that offend you as well?
The majority of the deployed females that get pregnant are doing it so they can redeploy. This tactic was perfected in Desert Storm.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 PM

138 posts, read 165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're going to have to grow up eventually and accept it, just as your forefathers did when they resisted blacks, women, etc. in the military.

If the soldiers can't handle it like mature adults, perhaps they shouldn't be serving and representing the United States.

Maybe we can replace a DADT for gays with DADT for idiots. Better to remain silent and have people think you're a fool and bigot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I spent 21 yrs on active duty as a Cav Scout, deployed to 3 separate conflicts, been shot at and missed, shot at and hit, held dying soldiers in my arms, and would do it all over again just if asked. I was doing these things when you were probably learning to punch the clown in jr. high.
What have you done for your country, hero? Mooch off the system, complain, and cheat on your taxes likely. You're just another punk with a computer.
Grow some nuts if you're able and join up when they allow your kind to openly serve. I don't think you'll get the reception you're hoping for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies