Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 12:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ah, but if you're reliant on them, you're worse off than people who can ACTUALLY fight. If you're in melee range, hands and feet are quicker than guns, since you still have to move to get it. And that's a wasted movement.
not worse at all, because I also know how to fight as well as use a firearm.

also, you wont get into melee range and even if I was, my holster would allow a 357 magnum derringer to be drawn faster than you could kick me into submission.

try looking up wrist holsters, nice little device that is not illegal to have or use, flick of the wrist and you have a pistol in your hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
At Waco, they obliged them: came, took it, burned them out. No problem.

not burned them out, murdered them is more like it.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
I think the score was 82-4, with the waco wackos losing. I suspect when your group gets rolling it will be even more lop sided.

that number was only possible because mount carmel allowed a cease fire to happen to f-troop. if that cease fire would not have happened, f-troop would have lost alot more than just 4.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:11 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
Have you looked at a map? "His group" will be the majority of the miliatary forces in the U.S since the majority of military bases and equipment are in conservative states that would side with freedom..
LOL you've obviously never served.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
TK, I find it hard to believe a man like you who fully supports the principle of states rights and the original intention of the Constitution and Bill of rights would "obey orders" to the extent of killing fellow Americans because the said fellow citizens believed in the Second Ammendment. For gawd's sake tell me you are kidding around a bit and trying to provoke. THAT I can understand. But further than that, I just can't.
I'm not kidding though--but I'm also no longer serving in the military, because I have disagreed with orders I have been given in the past, yet still carried them out. I have seen firsthand how our government misuses and abuses our military and got out when I could.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
UCMJ states that you can not be compelled to follow an unlawful order. Thats why using the I just followed orders excuse doesn't work when your caught.

Unfortunately, the people who determine the legality of the orders are the same people who give them.

It is illegal for any servicemember to fight in a war that Congress has not officially declared, but some of the war dead we will be commemorating tomorrow died in actions promulgated by our government, but never declared to be wars. In popular parlance, both Korea and Vietnam, for instance, are wars, but Congress never declared war in either instance.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Ah, but if you're reliant on them, you're worse off than people who can ACTUALLY fight. If you're in melee range, hands and feet are quicker than guns, since you still have to move to get it. And that's a wasted movement.
TK like you I also know how to fight. Been doing the Martial arts thing since I was 18. I have a great deal of confidence in my ability to beat the snot out of someone if I needed to. In the movies a skilled martial artist takes on 6 bad guys and kicks their butts. In reality that is just not going to happen. Well maybe if the six were severly handicapped.
I am a combat vet. Never not once in combat did I regret having my weapon.
I feel my weapon is my best option if an intruder were to break into my home. Why get into a slugfest with such as that? Why risk injury? No matter how well trained you are the threat of injury is for real.
I don't carry my 1911 every where I go. In fact I almost never carry it anywhere other than to the range in my own yard. But it is mine. I bought it legally. I break no laws with it. Why should I or any law abiding person be forced to part with their property?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 AM

Tinman, that is your choice--and you're welcome to it under the laws of our country. As long as it doesn't directly impact me, I don't care what you do.

It's not for me.

I have no desire to sit here and question your choices. If it makes you happy, fulfilled, and satisfied, then that's fine--but I don't want to associate with people who own guns. Actually, there are very few people that I associate with, because we disagree on one point or another...and I won't associate with someone I disagree with.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Tinman, that is your choice--and you're welcome to it under the laws of our country. As long as it doesn't directly impact me, I don't care what you do.

It's not for me.

I have no desire to sit here and question your choices. If it makes you happy, fulfilled, and satisfied, then that's fine--but I don't want to associate with people who own guns. Actually, there are very few people that I associate with, because we disagree on one point or another...and I won't associate with someone I disagree with.
LOL TK we are not so far apart on this issue. Like you I don't associate with many people either. I find them annoying. I don't question your verasity, or honesty. You pretty much lay it out there and don't give a damn what anyone thinks. I can respect someone who is at least honest. TK not all gun owners are whack jobs. In fact most are average people who like to put holes in paper at a distance. I prefer the company of target shooters over golfers. LOL less lies are told. That said I don't hang at gun shops or shooting ranges. I built one on my own property just so I wouldn't have to share my time.
For what its worth I'd hang with you if only for a day. Real people are far and few. You strike me as a real person.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:52 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
I'm not kidding though--but I'm also no longer serving in the military, because I have disagreed with orders I have been given in the past, yet still carried them out. I have seen firsthand how our government misuses and abuses our military and got out when I could.
TK, I know your feelings on gun-ownership. And again, you and I actually agree on most things when it comes to historical and political issues.

Anyway, on many levels it is admirable you did your duty and carried out even orders who disagreed with (I am sure many vets did). But this one is a little different. That is, the hypothetical scenario of the 2nd Amendment being repealed and law-enforcement and/or military being ordered to carry out a plan for confiscation. This would be in direct violation (or at least as I see it, it would) of the Constitution and Bill of Rights itself.

You are no longer in the military, of course. But -- for arguments sake -- would you have carried out those orders, or resigned? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies