Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

If we get to the point in this country where we're 'repealing amendments' out of the Bill of Rights willy nilly, I'm thinking I am going to need my guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
We rolled one out at Waco
Waco was a great big screw up!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:53 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Your guns won't stop a tank.
LMAO, true, quite, for the most part. But, you can stop a tank with a shovel and a pick. If ya know what I mean. Then, when the crew has to get out of the thing because they can't drive it anymore, well, there ya go. Small arms, though obviously useful tools, are not the end all be all, and nobody is saying they are. However, I would rather have them than not. Aside from the fact that I enjoy shooting, the 'just in case' aspects matters as well. I find it odd how many people lend some kind of magical power to the military when it comes to the idea of ...pacification...of the citizenry. They would actually be at a disadvantage going in, especially with 'boots on the ground' and yes, even armor, artillery etc. Oh sure, they can use sttelites for intell , thermal and all those goddies, but there are myriad ways to defeat this techno stuff with brutally simple tactics. Do you know what a simple dollar store laser pointer does to a guy with night vision? I do, you can take the guy right out of the fight, handily , with one. There are literally thousnads of ways to carry on a fight that don't involve firearms , at least not as a primary tool.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Oh Hayell No. Don't you touch my Guns, my Bible or my Bottle of moonshine. Some of dem gubment rascals come to my double wide after my firearms, they better bring spades cause there'll be a few of em taking a dirt bath, if you catch my meaning. I'll be waitin for em on the front porch in my red white and blue jammies.

God Bless America!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, true, quite, for the most part. But, you can stop a tank with a shovel and a pick. If ya know what I mean. Then, when the crew has to get out of the thing because they can't drive it anymore, well, there ya go. Small arms, though obviously useful tools, are not the end all be all, and nobody is saying they are. However, I would rather have them than not. Aside from the fact that I enjoy shooting, the 'just in case' aspects matters as well. I find it odd how many people lend some kind of magical power to the military when it comes to the idea of ...pacification...of the citizenry. They would actually be at a disadvantage going in, especially with 'boots on the ground' and yes, even armor, artillery etc. Oh sure, they can use sttelites for intell , thermal and all those goddies, but there are myriad ways to defeat this techno stuff with brutally simple tactics. Do you know what a simple dollar store laser pointer does to a guy with night vision? I do, you can take the guy right out of the fight, handily , with one. There are literally thousnads of ways to carry on a fight that don't involve firearms , at least not as a primary tool.
Their shells travel further than yours.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
True that, but who is gonna have a tank? The US military isn't gonna bring tanks into a internal fight. They are bound by the oath, and the cons, to protect the CONS not the feds or even the Pres.
The military follows the orders that they are given--or they wind up court-martialed and in the news, with people calling them traitors (Ehren Watada ring a bell?)

Old 05-29-2010, 10:18 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post
If, in a moment of clarity or insanity (your choice), the Second Amendment was repealed and personal guns were outlawed, would you accede the loss of the Constitutional right and give up your arms?
That would violate our state constitution.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

Quote:
I'm envisioning a reasonable disarming process
There is no such thing.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
If, in a moment of clarity or insanity (your choice), the Second Amendment was repealed and personal guns were outlawed, would you accede the loss of the Constitutional right and give up your arms?

I'm envisioning a reasonable disarming process where owners would be compensated for their firearms and ammo with tax credits at fair market value.

Exceptions would be made for antiques, heirlooms and historically important pieces, provided that they are rendered inoperable and made obvious with maybe a non-removable fluorescent orange plug in the barrel.

Maybe firearms could still be available from an armory for short term rental to hunters or to target shooters on the premises of a range.

So, your response would be:

"OK, here are my guns and ammo; now, where's my tax credit?" or "pry from my cold, dead hands?" Or something else?
I don't own a gun but if there was even the slightest hint that the 2nd amendment would be repealed I would go out and buy a trunk full, legal, illegal, whatever. That would be the beginning of an uprising we have never seen the likes of and I want to be on the gun owners side.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:54 AM

768 posts, read 1,087,909 times
The second amendment can only be repealed on paper, never in reality. If the goal of repealing the second amendment is to eliminate private gun ownership (yeah, that'll work) then it is self-defeating because now those who rely on Constitutional protection of their inherent rights (yeah, that's been working like a dream) will be forced to join the ranks of the wise cynics of Constitutional protection, because now protection of their inherent rights will be solely their responsibility. Maybe that's the way it should be anyway. Cut out the middleman.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:50 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah we did, and I do recall Kent State too. That action hasn't worked out well, and it is a case of divide and conquer. If anything the Feds have made us fear one another. The Feds attacked one entity, not ALL Gun owners.

In order to confiscate all guns a law would need to be passed which it won't ever be, because that is an act of Treason right there. Then the Law would need to be made Public, and ALL gun owners would rebel more or less. No one is fool enough to attempt to enforce any illegal law.

Between 9-11 which was the most stunning event I ever witnessed in all my local gun stores where lines of WOMEN prevented me from looking at items I might want to buy, as my nomal way of life, and Obama being the best gun salesman of the century, again making it quite impossible to reach the gun counters to just look, the Democrates have come to know better, than to attack gun owners ever again.

Sure the Feds can get a guy here and there, sometimes rightly so, but there is no bloomin way they can get us all, nor every gun.

They have no idea who has what. No doubt many would give up some guns and still retain other guns. I might give the Feds some old beaters myself, but not all. And they have no way to tell what of all I have is.

I don't believe you will see tanks used against private citizens ever again, not unless the Govt as it is, becomes another thing. I have no idea what that could be, but what ever it would be isn't going to be legal.

If the feds want a real fight, we can still give it to them.
It worked great at Waco. Solve our problem with that band of terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies