Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:47 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think what it comes down to is....

People are dicks.

And they will use ANY MEANS POSSIBLE to demean, execute, take over and otherwise rule over other people. The Muslims are going through growing pains as a religion, just as Christianity did when they decided everyone who isn't Christian should be executed. Same religion, different timeline.
Fortunately christianity did its growing up before there were nuclear weapons. How many acceptable losses do you think there should be allocated for islam's reformation?? how many millions of lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Fortunately christianity did its growing up before there were nuclear weapons. How many acceptable losses do you think there should be allocated for islam's reformation?? how many millions of lives?
Real Christians haven't grown up either. They are, at this time, not in a position to go back to their real self. They're trying though, must give credit where it is due.

But, like I said, you could use lessons on religious tolerance and understanding. You're lacking in the areas.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Real Christians haven't grown up either. They are, at this time, not in a position to go back to their real self. They're trying though, must give credit where it is due.
Well, at least they don't conduct suicide bombings on a daily basis.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Well, at least they don't conduct suicide bombings on a daily basis.
I guess, Muslims have suicide bombing patented. Is it any worse than just non-suicidal bombing or killing others using other means?

Besides, I thought you were going to preach tolerance and understanding of others. You've managed to demonstrate your deficiencies on the topic. Not that it is unexpected.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I guess, Muslims have suicide bombing patented. Is it any worse than just non-suicidal bombing or killing others using other means?

Besides, I thought you were going to preach tolerance and understanding of others. You've managed to demonstrate your deficiencies on the topic. Not that it is unexpected.
80 plus people are dead today because of someone's whackjob religious beliefs. Maybe a bit less tolerance of such an intolerant group might save lives?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
80 plus people are dead today because of someone's whackjob religious beliefs. Maybe a bit less tolerance of such an intolerant group might save lives?
That might be in news today. But history has shown whackjob religious beliefs showing up their face for eons, and regardless of religions.

Now, what about tolerance and understanding? A good start would be to begin with separating religion from politics. As anybody should be able to tell, Muslims killing Muslims (Shia versus Sunni) or Christians killing Christians (Catholics versus Protestants) or Christians killing Jews (Hitler's platform) or Hindu versus Muslim clashes or Christian versus Muslim clashes or Hindus versus Buddhist clashes (Sri Lanka Tamil versus Singhalese) etc are representative of politics not of the religion themselves.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:46 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,110 times
I think the liberal/progressives today are guilty of "Tolerance of Intolerance." Too much P.C. and being taught to feel guilty and ashamed of who they are and of America in the public schools. This has been going on for a long time so we are seeing a whole generation who has grown up on this rhetoric.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I think the liberal/progressives today are guilty of "Tolerance of Intolerance." Too much P.C. and being taught to feel guilty and ashamed of who they are and of America in the public schools. This has been going on for a long time so we are seeing a whole generation who has grown up on this rhetoric.
Yeah, I agree. I think that every stand liberals take is either out of guilt or self loathing. Not the best way to make decisions..

Old 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I think that every stand liberals take is either out of guilt or self loathing. Not the best way to make decisions..
No prejudice, bias or intolerance in this statement, no sireee...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
No prejudice, bias or intolerance in this statement, no sireee...
What did you think of the poster defending al quida and the taliban, describing them as "Defending Iraq and Afghanistan" ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies