Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Glenn Beck mock Barack Obama and his daughter on his radio show?
Yes. 32 78.05%
No. 3 7.32%
I'm not sure. 1 2.44%
It's all left-wing media hype. 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
He was obviously apologizing for the "imposter".
Oh. Well, that was nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:16 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And reality is that he apologized for the part he did which was very short and only about the pipeline and Malia. The rest of that crap from MM was what they dreamed up and you can see from the link I had that they went on and on much longer than he did. Haven't you watched that part yet? He apologized for what he had said and they let us hear that plus what that impostor carried on about. Only a fool would not see that the man doing that part was NOT Beck. That is, unless you wanted it to be him.

You actually believe what you are saying here? If Media Matters had faked part of their Beck clips of him making fun of Obama's daughter, Beck and Fox would be all over that with side-by-side recordings to show what you're suggesting was done. They didn't do that because there was NO impostor adding to Beck's sick idea of humor.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
How long will it be before Glennie takes out after Media Matters the way he did after Jim Wallis?

"So MediaMatters, I just wanted to pass this on to you. In my time I will respond — my time, well, kind of like God’s time, might be a day, might be a week to you, I’m not sure. But I’m going to get to it in my time, not your time. So you go ahead and you continue to do your protest thing, and that’s great. I love it. But just know — the hammer is coming, because little do you know, for eight weeks, we’ve been compiling information on you, your cute little organization, and all the other cute little people that are with you. And when the hammer comes, it’s going to be hammering hard and all through the night, over and over…"

Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Did you know that Beck's kids get death threats from left wing loons all the time and no one says a word.

The left wing hypocrites made fun of Bush's daughters for years but that was ok?

It was the left wing nuts who went after Palins kids and went to the extreme but that was ok? Even making fun of the baby which is low as you can get.

The left wingers are such hypocrites it is no longer a joke.

DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE, you made your beds with the Bush girls and Palin kids now sleep in it and shut up.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:36 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Hey, Enemy, here I am. I had to go to a funeral of the woman who baby sat my oldest son when he was little. We respected old Bonnie a bunch and felt for her family so went to the funeral.

I will offer something from something other than a left leaning site to all you Obama supporters to make something different than the OP's article. I fear that most of you better not open it up, though, because you may see proof of what Media Matters and HuffPo are trying to do. They don't even try to hide the fact that they are not playing the real transcript because of the diference in the sound of their man's voice. They need to get a real imitator since all you lefties are so bound up on whatever MM says.

Well here is a link to something that you best just forget to open because you may see what MM is doing.

Glenn Beck being falsely accused of mocking president’s daughter – UPDATE: Beck apologizes- The Right Scoop
First I am sorry for you and the family of the lady who passed. I still think beck said exactly what is being reported. Its OK if you and others love beck so much that it is OK for him to make fun of the Presidents small children. Glenn beck will get his someday.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:53 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
I certainly don't see that. They are the same up to the point that the impostor trying to imitate Beck carried it on and on much farther than Beck did. MM does things like that up to telling us that Beck does things and then they show some of his show but stop when he gets to the part they can't handle.

I take it that you do realize the purpose of MM and what they work to do no matter what they have to do.
The site you linked:
Glenn Beck being falsely accused of mocking president’s daughter – UPDATE: Beck apologizes- The Right Scoop

What is Beck saying at the :44 second mark of the first video on the linked page.

BECK: (imitating Malia) Why do you hate black people so much?
GRAY: (imitating Obama) I'm part white, honey.

Then starting at 1:08

BECK: (laughing) This is such a ridiculous -- this is such a ridiculous thing that his daughter-- (imitating Malia) Daddy?
GRAY: It's so stupid.
BECK: How old is his daughter? Like, thirteen?
GRAY: Well, one of them's, I think, thirteen, one's eleven, or something.
BECK: "Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?" Is that's their -- that's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' " Plug the hole!

Just as Media Matters reported.

As you and Beck are so fond of saying how can they be lying they have it on tape. So you can try in spin any way you want. He said it, he did it. You can believe it isn't offensive, but stop this nonsense that Media Matters made it up.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
First I am sorry for you and the family of the lady who passed. I still think beck said exactly what is being reported. Its OK if you and others love beck so much that it is OK for him to make fun of the Presidents small children. Glenn beck will get his someday.
Beck did say part of what MM says he did but after the about 4 minutes that his site admits to it was MM and a fake impostor. I listened and listened to that crap and it just wasn't Beck clear through the MM game playing.

You people have convinced me that I must listen one more time to determine if it is Beck's voice. You non-Beck people refuse to listen to him so you don't know his voice from an impostor's so I can't enlist any of you to help.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 PM

Boy are you folks getting a load from that thing about Beck and his smear of Obama. Here is the real story about what happened there. Oh no that can't be true since this blog is not left leaning. Oh well read it anyway unless ......

Nets Embrace 'Did You Plug the Hole Yet, Daddy?' Anecdote to Humanize Obama | NewsBusters.org

Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Was Beck's apology just half-a**ed or what. I haven't seen anything but that he didn't really apologize. When will MM let you talk about that?

Most of that MM smear thing turned out to be Beck and Gray. I have to admit that MM was just smearing Beck and that they haven't destroyed him yet. Keep up the good work and maybe they will give the order to do more.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:57 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
Boy are you folks getting a load from that thing about Beck and his smear of Obama. Here is the real story about what happened there. Oh no that can't be true since this blog is not left leaning. Oh well read it anyway unless ......

Nets Embrace 'Did You Plug the Hole Yet, Daddy?' Anecdote to Humanize Obama | NewsBusters.org
What does that link have to do with this thread? Nothing. Nice attempt on changing the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies