Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

They're almost all here, summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 12:09 PM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I actually like some of the "Southern Avenger's" work. But let's think here, what President have we ever had was ever truely "honest"?
Maybe Washington, Jefferson and Coolidge.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:18 PM

768 posts, read 1,087,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

Perhaps Coolidge only because you basically have to speak to lie and silent Cal wasn't too fond of speaking.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:51 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Yup.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:53 PM

The Southern Avenger brings up an EXCELLENT point that Washington and Lincoln don't belong together and Washington would likely be ashamed to be associated with a tyrant such as Abe.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 PM

216 posts, read 343,353 times
The truth about John Wilkes Booth he was a few years late

Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Brilliant commentary?

More like a whole lot of nothing.

Doesn't take much to impress some people.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
No one can know what George Washington would think of Lincoln and his successors. I think the Southern Avenger has it wrong. It would be Jefferson who would not approve of the current state of the federal government not Washington.

Washington was a supporter of a strong central government and the Federalist agenda. For example, Washington suppressed the Whiskey Rebellion which arose after Congress imposed taxes on distilled spirits.

I think if Washington was faced with southern rebellion he would have done as Lincoln had done.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:55 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Arrow jack hunter "Southern Avenger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No one can know what George Washington would think of Lincoln and his successors. I think the Southern Avenger has it wrong. It would be Jefferson who would not approve of the current state of the federal government not Washington.

Washington was a supporter of a strong central government and the Federalist agenda. For example, Washington suppressed the Whiskey Rebellion which arose after Congress imposed taxes on distilled spirits.

I think if Washington was faced with southern rebellion he would have done as Lincoln had done.
I agree with you. The reason I am replying under your post is because you mentioned Jefferson.
I watched the video and I took notes as I wanted to look up and verify what this guy had to say...Which led me to find out who is this guy? Check this out:
Quote:
Campaign For Liberty — Nullify Obamacare! **| by Jack Hunter
Jefferson's theory of nullification is fairly simple: The Constitution is a compact among the states where certain, limited powers were delegated to the federal government. Any powers assumed by the federal government that were not expressly delegated to it automatically become void.
There is more to what I would like to say on the "avenger's" video, but not at this time. I recognize the voice though and it's eerie to me. I signed up for free online courses and it is that voice I hear when doing my assignments.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post

Washington was advised by Hamilton's men, so I can forgive GW for being brainwashed by his subordinates. Also, the Whiskey tax was unenforceable in reality which is why it was repealed in 1803 by TJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies