Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 PM

34 posts, read 39,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting how some people are just hell-bent on denying gays any sort of recognition or equality. It's so clear that they're anti-gay, and they'll come up with anything to justify their prejudice.

That is just a crock of crap. This is the problem with debate in this country, if you issue a different perspective, you are automatically labeled a bigot and prejudiced.

People let their emotions override their logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthnbell View Post
That is just a crock of crap. This is the problem with debate in this country, if you issue a different perspective, you are automatically labeled a bigot and prejudiced.

People let their emotions override their logic.
It's logical to assume that if you don't feel gays deserve equal rights in all aspects of life then you're most likely anti-gay.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been wondering just how VAST that majority of Americans is. Do you have some figures of some kind?

Poll: 78% Of The American People Want Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repealed Now | The New Civil Rights Movement

78% is vast in my humble opinion.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:49 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been wondering just how VAST that majority of Americans is. Do you have some figures of some kind?
It could very well be the vast majority in the left coast, and East coast.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,617 times
Yea, its time to turn the page. Leave the oldtimers and bigots behind. Join the rest of the civilized world.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's logical to assume that if you don't feel gays deserve equal rights in all aspects of life then you're most likely anti-gay.
That's not logic, but emotions. As you can see, you have used the word "feel" already, a clear example of an emotional condition. You are also assuming the other poster is anti-homosexual.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
That's not logic, but emotions. As you can see, you have used the word "feel" already, a clear example of an emotional condition. You are also assuming the other poster is anti-homosexual.
No equal right for gays = anti-gay/homosexual. See, no emotions.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:58 PM

34 posts, read 39,702 times
Quote:
Seriously, have you read my posts? Because obviously you havent. I have offered reasons why this isnt as easy as just going in and repealing dadt. All of this is becoming redundant, and obviously some of you are just looking for a reason to be offended and turn this into an anti-gay issue.

Show me where I said that gays dont deserve equal rights. If dadt is repealed...as is..without addressing the issue of the military's recognition of gay marriage, then they will NOT have the same rights when it come to gay couples and families. Are you anti-family? Well one can only "assume" that you are since you dont want that issue addressed beforehand. (see how stupid that sounds...grow up.)

Old 05-31-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
No equal right for gays = anti-gay/homosexual. See, no emotions.
What rights? Nobody is stopping you from being homosexual, nor heterosexual, nor bisexual. Did you know that a bisexual person, or a married and "swinger" one, too? How come a bisexual person, or a swinger does not have the right to stay in the military? can also be discharged form the militaryIn fact, you have the right not to join any group, club, or organization you don't want to join. For example, you don't have to be a Christian and attend Catholic masses if you don't want to. All you want to do is to force others to accept what you are, but as long as you don't harm others you still have that right

Old 05-31-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthnbell View Post
Seriously, have you read my posts? Because obviously you havent. I have offered reasons why this isnt as easy as just going in and repealing dadt. All of this is becoming redundant, and obviously some of you are just looking for a reason to be offended and turn this into an anti-gay issue.

Show me where I said that gays dont deserve equal rights. If dadt is repealed...as is..without addressing the issue of the military's recognition of gay marriage, then they will NOT have the same rights when it come to gay couples and families. Are you anti-family? Well one can only "assume" that you are since you dont want that issue addressed beforehand. (see how stupid that sounds...grow up.)
If you believe DADT should not be completely repealed, you're anti-gay. I was responding to one specific post. I have no idea what you're detailed stance is. IMO, there is no other fair stance but complete repeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies