Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I would honestly like to be able to like Palin, but her tabloid fodder personality really prevents that as does her inherent propensity for "spin" and childish revenge exacted through profession. The woman is maniacal and narcissitic. I watch what she is doing largely because her following is equally maniacal and crazed, and appears to be a security risk for the entire nation. How a multi miliionaire Alaskan female politician has duped scores of hillbillies and Average Joes into believing that she is "on their side" is truly a tabloid miracle in itself. Disgusting to boot.
As a business owner, I can tell you that Obama is against us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ironically, Schlafly didn't listen to her own advice and become strictly a homemaker - she became an attorney and political activist, which her own propaganda claims that women shouldn't do and instead focus on "kinder, kuche, und kirche" as the Germans used to say. (children, family, church)

This is typical of most "family values" type female activists and politicians. They give advice that is completely contrary to the way they lived their lives and live their lives. The only one I can think of in ANY country in the world who actually lived up to her rhetoric about "a woman's place in the home" - and only temporarily - was Italian parliamentarian Sandra Mussolini (granddaughter of you-know-who), who retired from politics because she felt her first duty was being a wife and mother. Of course, she couldn't handle being out of the spotlight, and when the next election took place she ran for office again and returned to Italy's Parliament. (Sandra in many ways was the Italian prototype for Sarah Palin, except for Palin not having a fascist dictator for a grandfather and a legendary movie star as an aunt.)
Great post. Well written, plus we learn something! A rare treat here. Thanks

Old 05-30-2010, 07:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Great post. Well written, plus we learn something! A rare treat here. Thanks
Alessandra "Sandra" Mussolini's mom, btw, is the younger sister of Sophia Loren. Fortunately for her, she looks more like her aunt than like her grandfather. I didn't specify that in the post. But she in many ways was like Palin before Palin, though I doubt Palin has heard of her. For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if Palin doesn't even know who Benito Mussolini was.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:34 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
So you fems agree with me then, women never should have been allowecd in a voting booth . I knew you'd wake up .
Wow. No one said that. Did you not read the comments?

Women have EVERY right to vote, just as much as a man does. sheesh. Let's bring back slavery while we're at it too, after all ... those Black folks don't deserve freedom do they? How backwards is that?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
She will be whatever is news worthy. Do I believe that she is a feminist? No! She blows with the wind.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Sarah Palin is in no way, shape or form a feminist.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sarah Palin is in no way, shape or form a feminist.
amen

Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
She will be whatever is news worthy. Do I believe that she is a feminist? No! She blows with the wind.
Especially when money's involved. If she can make money out of being a "feminist", she'd do it.

For $500K, Palin would probably become a Democrat. For $1 million, she'd probably endorse Obama for re-election in 2012. Palin is essentially a political prostitute.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Wow. A bunch of people forming an opinion about someone they don't know who has only been portrayed to you by those who don't like her.

Good judgment, folks!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wow. A bunch of people forming an opinion about someone they don't know who has only been portrayed to you by those who don't like her.

Good judgment, folks!
100% agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies