Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Israel has been on the edge of its seat since Obama has been in town. They feel completely alone for the first time in decades. They are jumpy and were bound to react to something they deemed suspicious.

They are in "survival" mode right now.

This is unfortunate. But they are not a terrorist nation. They will try to make amends.
"survival" LOL

They are easily the biggest kid on the block over there with the biggest brother in the world handing them billions in aid, military and otherwise. Sorry if I don't buy into the "poor Israel is just in survival mode" shtick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:54 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would be your definition of a terrorist nation?

What country has attacked more innocent civilians, Iran or Israel?
Iran, they killed 10's of thousands of civilians during their war with Iraq.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times

Glad you posted these. I read them and this is what I got. The newspapers that werent palestinian papers, said nothing about sexual abuse or sending children to jail for 20 years just for throwing rocks. Those statements are lies made up to make israel look bad and have no truth to it.
On the other hand israel seems to be pretty rough on those kids but nothing like what is being made out to be abuses.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I disagree, I heard all about it. The info is there. You just need to go get it. The fact that I am aware and that you are aware is living proof that you're mistaken. No one is going to serve it to you on a silver platter, nor are they even remotely required to. They are private businesses. But maybe we should just take over the news and force them to print what we want, like Putin did. I am sure that will help.
If israel took the same actions as the russians do you think the media would report it the same.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM

148 posts, read 308,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
USS Liberty
UN positions in Lebanon.
Targeted assassinations.
Now attacking a vessel w/ unarmed non-combatants

Israel seems to lack a basic respect for international conventions and the rule of law. It seems to be joke to call this country either democratic or an ally of the US.
Not a funny one.
More Irish soldiers where killed by the Israeli armed forces than by all other combatants combined when they where based in South Lebanon, I never recall ever hearing them apologise to Ireland. Irish (U.N. positions often suffered bombardment from Israeli forces). When the Irish army was based in Southern Lebanon they regularly cleared mines set by the Israelis then collected children from the area brought them to school in Irish Army vehicles then returned to base. The Israelis used to relay the mines, so the Irish army would have to retake them up collect the children after school and bring them home, the Israelis replanted the mines at night and the cycle continued.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Ten people on the boat were killed! Were they killed by paintball rifles?
Armour piercing paintballs. They are so 2010.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:07 PM

515 posts, read 716,645 times
Quote:
I know! When I first heard of the Israelis jailing and torturing children, I was as outraged as you are about it. I didn't want to believe it either for the sake of those poor children. However, when multiple sources confirmed this atrocious practice of the Israelis, I had no choice but to believe it. I do share your outrage and disgust about the Israelis actions.
I'm 100% sure that these jailed children are much safer than their brothers and sisters who are SOLD...that's right, SOLD, by their own parents to be sent into Israel as suicide bombers to kill Israeli civilians!

I'm pretty sure that they are safer than the children used as human shields by Hamas when the Israelis are provoked enough by the rockets being lobbed into civilian areas to fight back!

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that many Palestinian children deliberately throw rocks so that they can be captured and jailed thereby avoiding death by bomb or death as human shields.

What a truly tragic situation for a child to be in.

Perhaps you should research a little more thoroughly the monstrous practices of the terrorists you are so vigorously defending...or maybe you don't become as disgusted with the slaughter of a people's own children, for their political aims, as I do.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:08 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
If israel took the same actions as the russians do you think the media would report it the same.
Well, FOX would probably throw a party. MSNBC would scream bloody murder.

Come on man, Chechnya was on the national evening news for months.

You're manufactured reality isn't going to fly with me.

Type "Russia" and "Chechnya" into Google as keywords. What do you see?

Get real.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Manipulation of Children by Palestinian Terrorists
Watch Terrorist Children Video | Break.com
Palestinian Media Watch (http://www.pmw.org.il/tv%20part3.html - broken link)
Islamic terrorists exploit children
Palestinian Children Taught to Destroy Israel (http://www.israelnewsagency.com/palestinianchildrenterror10022.html - broken link)
Palestinians exploit children for terror - March 2004
PA Schoolbooks (http://www.pmw.org.il/schoolbooks.html - broken link)
SNAP

http://muslimmatters.org/wp-content/...-kids-guns.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...with_rifle.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZkSSURCm3F...0/ismovers.jpg

Last edited by Born&BredIrish; 05-31-2010 at 09:19 PM..

Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times
We can go on about this all night and into tomorrow. I do not agree entirely with Israel's actions which, to me, and as apparently seen in the media, seem to be a little quick on the trigger. However - I would ask those on this thread to go back to September 12, 2001. If, by some wild chance, a boat holding a group of Islamic supporters was spotted off the coast of Long Island - heading for shore - to support their people who might be held responsible for the actions of a few - what do you think would have happened?

Israel has existed on a heightened sense of security and defense since its inception. The EXACT same way the US was well into 2002. They had NO idea what was on that boat - but past history has shown that route as one of weapon smuggling. Were they right to board in International waters? Absolutely not - but here is the deal: This was going to have the same outcome one way of the other.

I don't expect all of you to agree with me (probably very few). But as someone who lived through the 9/11 attack and suffered a family loss on that day, I would still say that my loss, in the grand scale, is small compared to what Israel has put up with in the past few decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies