Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Are you saying that you think the video evidence is faked? Some sort of hollywood trickery?
No, that's not at all what I am saying .. and it should be painfully clear what it is that I'm implying. But I'll spell it out for you:

1) Given that this raid occurred in the wee hours of the morning as a surprise "inspection" ... how likely is it that a camera was setup on the deck of that ship to capture the initial boarding of it at 4:30 am simply by chance? The answer is none! Consequently, someone aboard that ship must have had advanced knowledge of the raid ... and exactly when to expect it. Therefore, it's logical to assume such a person or persons would be privy to Israeli operational planning ... Israeli agents. I cannot blindly accept that this was just a coincidence, given the hour in which the raid occurred.

I know this is beyond the intellectual capacity for some of you surface thinkers ... that somehow it's quite normal for a coincidental filming of a surprise raid in the ensuing moments. This itself is not evidence, but it does summon questions.

2) According to the Israeli Knesset member on board that ship, these commandos opened fire from the approaching boats before the these commandos repelled from the chopper ... with at least one person killed, why would anyone expect these people to not defend themselves? And if they were a bunch of "terrorists", why would they not be better armed? Are metal poles and kitchen knives the NEW Weapons of Mass Destruction which imperils poor Israel?

3) Something happened prior to the video that is being shown, and I say that because it's highly unlikely that this many "activists" would be sitting on deck all night long ... ready and waiting to attack a surprise boarding party. That something has already been identified in #2 ... Israelis opening fire as they approached ... which served notice to these people that they were under attack, allowing them to quickly mobilize and defend themselves.

4) If this were a simple "Inspection" operation, it would have been performed in a more straight forward manner, such that is common in such actions ... in daylight hours, these Israelis could have approached the ship from both sides ... announced their request to board and inspect, and demand compliance from it's captain. At that point, an orderly boarding could have been executed WITHOUT GUNFIRE or death. If the Captain refused to allow the boarding, and or attempted to leave, then more forceful action might then be called for, first by disabling the ship's rudder, and thereby making the ship unable to navigate and flee.

Quote:
I am just apallingly amazed. While both sides are acknowledging the video shows the activists being the aggressors, the debate has moved on to weather a blockade is legal and lawful, and thus a commando drop was warranted. It's a legitimate debate.
And I'm amazed by the appallingly ignorant lack of common sense, as well as the avoidance of the fundamental issue that you'd LIKE TO continue ignoring ... that these people were attacked by commandos in the wee hours of the morning by gunfire, and had EVERY RIGHT to defend themselves the best way they could, as anyone would do when their lives are being threatened.

The FACT that such a raid of this type by INTERNATIONAL LAW is an act of piracy on the open seas is not debatable .. it's just a fact.

Quote:
You are still back on square one, because you so embarassingly stated in an earlier post (before the video evidence was released) that "no way could a commando group be subdued by a mob armed with sticks and knives", arguing that the events did not happen as the video shown. You forced yourself into a box of denial, and thus your attempts at debate, which merely repeat over and over "do you think??? do you use rational judgement????" are pitful.
And I stand by that statement. They were not subdued, were they? Did any of the commandos die, or were they the only ones doing the killing? My rejection of some of the initial propaganda .. such as these people disarmed the commandos wielding poles ... that they took away their weapons and used them against the commandos which necessitated the commandos to open fire is the story I totally rejected at the time, and still do. That the Israelis suffered no deaths (to the best of my knowledge ... maybe you have other information?), and no gunshot wounds, I think it's safe to say that the "activists" were not firing on commandos, but the other way around.

Quote:
Listen, I don't mean to pick on you. Really I have no horse in this race, I am happy to debate the legality of the blockade but my interest really is in the tactics in use. But when a poster so blatantly and repeatedly contradicts the obvious, and tries to hide his error with a wall of insults, then I have to say my two cents. It's like entering the twilight zone of denial, even for the crazies in this forum.
Apparently, what is obvious to some, is a complete mystery to others. There is only one obvious issue at hand here ... the IDF engage in murderous rampages on a daily freaking basis, and is well documented. The propaganda that comes out of the Israeli government ranges from the implausible, to the absurd, and this is a classic example of it.

The Israeli strong armed tactics are renowned, and the idea that some Palestinian "activists" on an aid mission were in reality terrorists lying in wait for this "surprise raid" at 4:30 am, and attacked these otherwise peaceful commandos who were FORCED to defend themselves lies firmly in the absurd category. That this is not immediately obvious to you is a testament to your residence in the twilight zone, not mine.

I even heard on the AP news wire yesterday that three Hamas activists on the ship have been linked to Al Qaeda (according to the Israeli government). Imagine that ... well of course that settles the debate doesn't it ... AL QAEDA is now in league with Hamas, so this IS AN ISSUE FOR AMERICA TO SUPPORT ISRAEL!!!!!

Look, you and others seem to suffer a convenient case of amnesia of history, as well as difficulty identifying when Israel engages in blatant lies. I have a fool proof method to help you .... you can tell when Israel lies by noticing when THERE LIPS MOVE.

Now if you want to debate the subject by regurgitating Israeli propaganda as if it were the gospel truth, rather than utilize a modicum of common sense, I don't think you stand on a very firm foundation ... in fact, you're standing in quicksand.

With the majority of the world condemning these actions, any desperate attempt to find some justification is pure propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Israeli police say 16 Gaza activists sent to jail - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians - broken link)

Figures once again Israeli terrorism.

That was anything but peaceful!

Who is swinging and throwing stuff? The Israeli military?
Why are they not following the Israeli and Egyptian Blockade protocol?

They wanted anything but PEACE. They got what they asked for.
These people don't play around, too bad they had to find out the hard way that not all military commanders and nations leaders don't make idol threats and just slap you around.
Jack with us, and you will get hurt along with the horse you rode in on.... I like it!

Do what you have to do to protect your people Israel.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Ron Paul: US Shouldn't Support Israel's Blockade of Gaza

Well, flycessna, there's a liberal right there. Right? (Related post earlier in this thread you seem to have missed)

Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
I don't see how strangling a society slowly
Mmmmm.......43 years and the population grows. They construct tunnels and no one leaves. They are so flush with cash they can now smuggle cars in whole.
New cars disassembled, smuggled through tunnels into Gaza for $2,000

Look at the photos of the "Humanitarian Aid" coming off the ships its all garbage.

Except for one Israeli in Gaza, sorry Hamas says he is a prisoner of war, where are all the occupiers in the Gaza Strip??
Shalit seen as prisoner of war and bargaining chip | World news | The Guardian

And whomever stated that they are no threat to ships at sea, please explain to me the new fishing technique of filling barrels with explosives and setting them afloat??
Palestinian militants target Israel with 'floating bombs' » Kuwait Times Website

Israel pulled all Jews out of Gaza. Israel pulled all military out of Gaza. All the Gazans had to do is stop shooting missles out of Gaza (missles are missles no matter how crude they are made). And as to an economy, who cares, they are flush with cash. There are no photos of massive groups of people starving. Again google photos (if someone is going to post try to post one with numerous people out in public). And then there are the firing squads. Again find one with Israelis doing it. The only ones findable is Hamas killing Fatah members.
Hamas Firing Squad Executes Two Palestinians Accused Of Collaborating With Israel | Home | Sky News

New Mall maybe:

File:Gaza City.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
Israel is being bombed from Gaza
Ships with supplies are going to Gaza

It is reasonable for Israel to stop and inspect every ship going to Gaza.

If a ship does not stop to be inspected, it is reasonable for Israel to use whatever means necessary to stop the ship. Period. End of discussion.

Lets not forget that the people on these ships knew there was an existing blockade and they knew they would be stopped. It was the ships that refused to stop that are at fault here.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Ron Paul: US Shouldn't Support Israel's Blockade of Gaza

Well, flycessna, there's a liberal right there. Right? (Related post earlier in this thread you seem to have missed)

I agree, we should remain totally neutral. Unless asked to help, on way or another.
Who are we to tell Israel what to and not to do?

Old 06-03-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Israel is being bombed from Gaza
Ships with supplies are going to Gaza

It is reasonable for Israel to stop and inspect every ship going to Gaza.

If a ship does not stop to be inspected, it is reasonable for Israel to use whatever means necessary to stop the ship. Period. End of discussion.

Lets not forget that the people on these ships knew there was an existing blockade and they knew they would be stopped. It was the ships that refused to stop that are at fault here.

Quit making sense!
It screws with their agenda.
Watch... you make so much sense, no one is going to quote and argue with that.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
And lets not forget last years ship to Hezbollah:

Israel releases arms ship said destined for Hezbollah - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
What a lot of people are saying;

Op-Ed Contributor - An Assault on Israel, Cloaked in Peace - NYTimes.com

Quote:
PEACE activists are people who demonstrate nonviolently for peaceful co-existence and human rights. The mob that assaulted Israeli special forces on the deck of the Turkish ship Mavi Marmara on Monday was not motivated by peace. On the contrary, the religious extremists embedded among those on board were paid and equipped to attack Israelis — both by their own hands as well as by aiding Hamas — and to destroy any hope of peace.
No doubt about it.

Turkey has some explaining to do.

Read the article. Very fishy.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You've everybody beat with "hateful beliefs" around here. Trust me, you're second to none! But I guess, you then want to claim hateful beliefs exist only on one side, those who don't bow down to Israel and its every action.

Well, they aren't quite tracking on Nazi steps, but the intent is pretty close. Nazis led the world to WWII. Israel just might be credited with WWIII.
Why would Israel be blamed?

It is crystal clear who the provocateurs were - the muslim extremists/terrorists that were within the crowd, ready for action, funded by radical muslim terrorist groups.

I still can't understand how the Left can align themselves with hamas, hezbollah and radical muslim extremists.

Maybe you can shed some light on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies