Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 02:32 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,185,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

But, your response had nothing to do with my post you picked. Diversion can work, not with me.
That's because you did not understand my post. I guess it went over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,152,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTFrag View Post
Only the most naive, or rabid anti-Jew person could possibly think for a moment that this wasn't a deliberate and planned terrorist "event" of some sort orchestrated by Hamas et al for nefarious reason(s). It has now been discovered that a great number of the passengers on the ships had made their "martyr arrangements" expecting to provide the fight with Israel that was the real and underlying purpose of the flotilla.

I cannot understand why people side with a bunch of terrorist barbarians who are sworn to destroy one of the finest, productive and decent peoples of the world. ANYONE who sides with Hamas, either directly or indirectly is a traitor to humanity, human rights and decency. Israel has bent over backwards to accomodate these bottom-feeding dregs of humanity, including allowing them to develop Gaza under the "land-for-peace program, and gotten nothing but abuse, terror and blood-spilling for their decency. I offer nothing but the bottom of my soiled shoes to Hamas and all it's supporters, active or passive.
To Netanyu and his countrymen, I offer my support, encouragement and best wishes. You are on the side of right and good and decency. Never waiver, never weaken, never doubt the righeousness of your cause and of your actions. Humanity is on your side.
Clever of those terrorist barbarians to try to infiltrate a flotilla of ships filled with humanitarian supplies. That should be a war crime in and of itself.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,229,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Clever of those terrorist barbarians to try to infiltrate a flotilla of ships filled with humanitarian supplies. That should be a war crime in and of itself.
expired humanitarian supplies that hamas even refused to accept!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,762,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
That's because you did not understand my post. I guess it went over your head.
May be you should keep your responded grounded to reality, instead. How about we try again, question you've been dancing around is here for the third and final time...
Like these folks?
Joe Meadors (US Navy veteran, survivor USS Liberty, missing)
Ann Wright (retired US Army Lt. Col.)
Henning Mankell (Writer)
Mairead Corrigan-Maguire (Nobel peace laureate)
David Schermerhorn (US film producer)
Several journalists, and three German Members of the Parliament
Furkan Dogan (US citizen, killed)

Where exactly are you getting your ideas from?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
May be you should keep your responded grounded to reality, instead. How about we try again, question you've been dancing around is here for the third and final time...
Like these folks?
Joe Meadors (US Navy veteran, survivor USS Liberty, missing)
Ann Wright (retired US Army Lt. Col.)
Henning Mankell (Writer)
Mairead Corrigan-Maguire (Nobel peace laureate)
David Schermerhorn (US film producer)
Several journalists, and three German Members of the Parliament
Furkan Dogan (US citizen, killed)

Where exactly are you getting your ideas from?
Did you ever ask yourself what the jell these people were doing on a boat headed to break a blockade? To bring aide that was rejected? What did they have to gain from it? I asked you if you wanted to get on a boat and go try to break a blockade and you answered, in my opinion, falsely by saying you might. Who in their right mind would want to do that? There can only be one reason for doing such a stupid thing and we all all know what it was. Some got more than they bargained for but should have known what they were going to get if they acted against the Israelis.

I do not believe that the Turkish-American was killed by the Israelis and you have no proof that he was. Everyone on that boat was there for propaganda...PERIOD.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Did you ever ask yourself what the jell these people were doing on a boat headed to break a blockade? To bring aide that was rejected? What did they have to gain from it? I asked you if you wanted to get on a boat and go try to break a blockade and you answered, in my opinion, falsely by saying you might. Who in their right mind would want to do that? There can only be one reason for doing such a stupid thing and we all all know what it was. Some got more than they bargained for but should have known what they were going to get if they acted against the Israelis.
They were terrorists? Or, had every sign of being one? And they terrorized the poor Israeli soldiers?

If you have to ask why these people were aboard the ship... How about delivering humanitarian aid to Palestinians? Why can't the rest of the world not reach out to Palestinians? As we speak, there is another ship on the way, this time from Ireland.

Ever thought about the purpose of civil disobedience? Generally it applies to what people consider illegal/oppressive within the territories. This happens to be at an international level. But hey, you once again avoided the question. Never mind, it won't be asked again.

Quote:
I do not believe that the Turkish-American was killed by the Israelis and you have no proof that he was. Everyone on that boat was there for propaganda...PERIOD.
You meant the American. He was born here. Whose gun was used? Do you think others on board were okay with it, including Nobel prize winner and a US navy veteran?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:

You meant the American. He was born here. Whose gun was used? Do you think others on board were okay with it, including Nobel prize winner and a US navy veteran?
No, I meant Turkish-American. Have any of these questions been answered with facts. You cannot rightfully place blame where nothing has been proved.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,903,737 times
I'm not sure how a thinking individual can see this as a black and white issue involving a humanitarian aid mission and ruthless Israeli soldiers. The ship is for either propaganda or humanitarian aid or a mixture of both. If it was purely for aid there would not have been hundreds of people on board. Instead there would be a freighter with only a crew carrying humanitarian goods. What possible humanitarian benefit did 19 yr old American Furkan Dogan bring to the mission? He certainly knew what he was getting in to.

Israel has every reason to keep up its blockade of Gaza to prevent the flow of arms (I'm not saying that particular flotilla carried them). There is even a precedent when the US blockaded Cuba during the missile crisis. It doesn't matter whether or not it's in international waters-they have a right to defend themselves. Although the metal pipe attackers certainly deserved to be shot, hopefully the next ship will be boarded with non-lethal weapons more capable than paintball guns.

Tell me, when the Israelis withdrew from Southern Lebanon in 2000 and Gaza in 2005, did the killings, kidnappings, and missile attacks cease? No they did not. So why does Israel need to be lenient if they have no reason to believe it will lead to peace?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
No, I meant Turkish-American. Have any of these questions been answered with facts. You cannot rightfully place blame where nothing has been proved.
If you bothered to answer my questions, it would be much easier for me to address your "concerns".

BTW, why do you insist on Turkish-American as opposed to American? Is there a difference?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
If you bothered to answer my questions, it would be much easier for me to address your "concerns".

BTW, why do you insist on Turkish-American as opposed to American? Is there a difference?
Since he moved to Turkey when he was 2 and has spent 17 years of his life there...Yes there is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies