Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:57 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In their book "The Battle for America 2008," Haynes Johnson and Dan Balz wrote this:
[Chief political aide David] Axelrod also warned that Obama's confessions of youthful drug use, described in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, would be used against him. "This is more than an unpleasant inconvenience," he wrote. "It goes to your willingness and ability to put up with something you have never experienced on a sustained basis: criticism. At the risk of triggering the very reaction that concerns me, I don't know if you are Muhammad Ali or Floyd Patterson when it comes to taking a punch. You care far too much what is written and said about you. You don't relish combat when it becomes personal and nasty. When the largely irrelevant Alan Keyes attacked you, you flinched," he said of Obama's 2004 U.S. Senate opponent.
Contrary to popular belief, obama's campaign statement, "We are who we've been waiting on!" is so full of self-deception, it's just incredible. Sure, as much as anyone else, I wanted change, as well, but not this whiny, little Napolean. Read the whole thing, it'll blow your mind, but then again, if you're suspect of anything coming out of the WH these days, your mind won't be blown, but your anger may rise a notch.

Obama, the Thin-Skinned President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
"But the great danger in all of this is that in the face of his troubles Obama and his aides become increasingly defensive, display a greater sense of entitlement and even a touch of paranoia. When arrogant men lose control of events it can easily lead to feelings of isolation, to striking out at critics, to bullying opponents, and to straying across lines that should not be crossed."

Kinda like the... what administration was that, again? Cant remember if it was Nixon or Cheney/Bush.

"Those who care for the president need to recognize the warning signs now, sooner rather later, before it becomes too late, for him and for the nation."

In other words, nothing's happened yet. OK.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"But the great danger in all of this is that in the face of his troubles Obama and his aides become increasingly defensive, display a greater sense of entitlement and even a touch of paranoia. When arrogant men lose control of events it can easily lead to feelings of isolation, to striking out at critics, to bullying opponents, and to straying across lines that should not be crossed."

Kinda like the... what administration was that, again? Cant remember if it was Nixon or Cheney/Bush.

"Those who care for the president need to recognize the warning signs now, sooner rather later, before it becomes too late, for him and for the nation."

As usual, delu, you are no different, can't accept responsibility in the present.

I note, too, you've come a helluva long way from those 12k posts when you said you were quitting.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Interesting. A conservative Republican who worked for the last three Republican presidents doesn't like the current Democratic president.

You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Why is it hard for the left to acknowledge what is so obvious? It shouldn't take a partisan to figure out that the President is indeed thin-skinned. We all know someone who is averse to criticism. Are the left absent of the ability to judge character? No, they intentionally ignore what's obvious in order to try to shore up what's left of the support for this President.

Barack Obama is turning into a liberal voters' worst nightmare. Heavy on rhetoric. Short on action. And unbelievably reticent to acknowledge anyone who points out how he's not living up to his own hype.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:

"but bush!!" - the o-bot response to all criticism of The One

as to the article, it's spot-on:

Quote:
The president is constantly complaining about what others are saying about him. He is upset at Fox News, and conservative talk radio, and Republicans, and people carrying unflattering posters of him. He gets upset when his avalanche of faulty facts are challenged, like on health care. He gets upset when he is called on his hypocrisy, on everything from breaking his promise not to hire lobbyists in the White House to broadcasting health care meetings on C-SPAN to not curtailing earmarks to failing in his promises of transparency and bipartisanship.
In Obama's eyes, he is always the aggrieved, always the violated, always the victim of some injustice. He is America's virtuous and valorous hero, a man of unusually pure motives and uncommon wisdom, under assault by the forces of darkness.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
As usual, delu, you are no different, can't accept responsibility in the present.

I note, too, you've come a helluva long way from those 12k posts when you said you were quitting.
I was just looking at that a few days ago and marveling, myself

What in the present? The article itself says he's done nothing damaging as a result of his unfortunate thin skin. And it's not as if his skin is world-class scary thin, like Dick Cheney's.

Tempest in a teapot.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

When you put so much trust and faith in one, or a group of politicians to bring change to your country and those people are dismal failures, it take a while to come to the realization that they are no different than the others who serve themselves and not the people. Bush was a good example and Obama is sadly another. We meet many people, like layers of the onion who are falling away. At least they can see through the media hype. He has been found wanting.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I was just looking at that a few days ago and marveling, myself

What in the present? The article itself says he's done nothing damaging as a result of his unfortunate thin skin. And it's not as if his skin is world-class scary thin, like Dick Cheney's.

Tempest in a teapot.
I guess I could make little chicken-**** responses to anything and everything on this board, and catch you in a year or two. But I won't.

Another deflection from what the subject of the op was, now you're bringing more past to the present. <sigh>

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
"but bush!!" - the o-bot response to all criticism of The One
That dumb RW meme holds about as much water as as "Obama is your messiah." It's ironic you would even type that because of the three, Bush was the least thin-skinned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies