Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
Did I say it wasn't BP's fault? Nope. I asked a question and you southpaws can't seem to answer it. Simple question. Maybe you just don't like the answer I provided myself?

The MMS actually approved what BP did so who's fault is it? Will Holder arrest Obama?

So why is Holder running around down there NOW?
Holder is down there right now because you and I paid our taxes this year and he can go free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 12:37 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
He was an ambulance chaser who somehow managed to get in a position that was ridiculously beyond his abilities. Sue, baby, sue. No, seriously Holder is just down there because the administration has nobody else to send and has no plans whatsoever. They have nothing. Nothing. Are you happy now?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
If they don't start investigating now, how many critical records do you think would disappear from BP and other parties concerned? How many people could be bought off or pressured not to tell the truth of what really happened leading up to and on the day disaster started? We can't wait until August when the relief wells are suppose to cure the problem to get started assigning blame when BP is already out there trying to pick judges and cap their damages with papers for victims to sign limiting their liability claims.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM

329 posts, read 201,865 times
BP is now picking judges?

The blame falls squarely on the Obama Administration. They approved the changes that BP was doing on that well. Probably on the promise of a little more campaign money for Obama.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Just for the fun of it how about you providing a link that shows what the cause of the original explosion was. I guess I missed out on that. I am still not convinced that it wasn't caused by someone attached to, or paid by, the administration.
Would respond to this, but can't find the paranoia smiley face.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
My question is why now when the leak is still going on? Obama playin politics. Obama hasn't been right about anything yet so I don't know how to answer your question strel.

As for sitting on the couch exactly what are you doing to stop the leak hero? Get on your wet suit and get to work.
The Administration is PETRIFIED that it will be VILIFIED like the Bush Administration was after Katrina. This is the SOLE driving force behind Obama's actions. The whole intent it to stave off any and every possibility that his leadership on this issue will be characterized as inept. He cares about nothing else. Having Holder in the region is just another attempt to put a Government Face on this catastrophe.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Apparently not enough for you to do your own homework.
First and foremost, the depth is the only "unprecedented" part about this oil leak. Oil leaks have occurred many times over the decades to many different countries/companies. BP is not the "only" entity with the capability to do this job. It is, however, the only entity that has the obligation. BP could call in other engineering resources from all across the world to plug the leak and to clean the oil from the water (Saudi Arabia would be a good starting point.). But the weight of the crisis rests squarely on its shoulders, which illustrates the juggling act that's taking place: BP wants to end this as soon as possible while also preserving the ability to tap the well again in the future. They could cap the well now with explosives. They choose not too.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
My question is why now when the leak is still going on?

As for sitting on the couch exactly what are you doing to stop the leak hero?
Quote:
Well your ranting response makes absolutely no sense. I asked why is holder down there NOW and you wail on about a mile under water and BP is the only entity who can stop it.
No...you asked why is the leak still "going on"

Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Quote:
Is this Obama's plan? Sue or press charges against the only company who can shut this leak down? Shouldn't they be working together to plug the stupid thing then worry about lawsuits or charges later?? Is this his way to show the country he's on top of things?
So you want them to not collect evidence and launch investigations when memories and evidence is fresh?

If BP can send in their lawyers to pressure Gulf Coast residents,fisherman and clean crews to forfeit their right to sue for a measely $5000, then the government can send in its lawyers to make sure the public is not victimised.

If the government did nothing, they would be accused of being incompetent, in bed with BP or just plain not caring.

The Obama admin knows that BP has the expertise which is why they gave them all this time to shut the leak down.

Quote:
PORT FOURCHON, La. – Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that federal authorities have opened criminal and civil investigations into the nation's worst oil spill, and BP lost billions in market value when shares dropped in the first trading day since the company failed yet again to plug the gusher.
Feds open criminal probe of Gulf oil spill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100601/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill - broken link)

I want the government to be on BP's ass and make sure BP does not try to wiggle out of their responsibilities.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
BP is now picking judges?

The blame falls squarely on the Obama Administration. They approved the changes that BP was doing on that well. Probably on the promise of a little more campaign money for Obama.
Yup. They're trying to get all the claims to go under one judge instead of separate lawsuits all over the place and the judge they want has always been friendly to the oil industry.

And you have nothing to back up your claim the Obama administration approved any changes on the well before the accident occurred. Afterward, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies