Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

white house in bed with bp.. i knew the obamanator new more.. the president that shows no emotion..

White House Allowed BP to Keep Video of Gushing Pipe from Public for Three Weeks | The Seminal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i drive a 4 cylinder truck.. never owned a gas guzzler in my life.. i preach to people of the world to buy small vehicles all the time..!!! most of these people with big suv's and big trucks is all for show that's why hummer went under.. i have no controll on what people buy, i can only voice my opinion.. i feel oil created this modern world that will all live in, and oil will be the trigger that sets off the apocalypse.. we all should learn a valuble lesson from this catastrophe. problem is.?? is people have short memories and will go right bact to business as usual..i can guarantee some major catastrophies are in the making as i speak.. i don't have a very good out look of the not so distant future,, red flags are litterally everywhere on this planet.. this is the last century as we know it. hopfully i won't be around when all hell breaks loose.. we have been wasting oil since the first barrel came out of the ground, and we shall suffer the consequences of our own creation.. you reap what you sow..!!! well it doesn't look like we will be reaping anything good in the future
You use oil everyday even if you did not own your 4 cylinder truck or any truck.....

Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You use oil everyday even if you did not own your 4 cylinder truck or any truck.....

at least i don't waste it

Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
we all use oil buddy..!! no way around that.. but we don't have to waste it.!!!! like i said before, i bet you or me or any other person on cd can't find one single thing in there dwelling that is not associated with oil..!! not even the dust... unless you are a kalahari bushman or a inuit indian

just to let peeps know it's official the wire saw got stuck in the riser pipe..
How are we wasting it? And just who is this we you speak of?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
at least i don't waste it
Ohhhhh, I bet you do.....and quit slapping yourself in the head, that's childish...

Old 06-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
How are we wasting it? And just who is this we you speak of?

how are we wasting fuel..!!??>> your kidding me right could you tell me why hummer isn't being manufactured anymore, that should answere your own question..? last two hummers rolled of the assembly line a couple of weeks ago.. i could drag a link up, but why bother..

we is everybody including me, and especially the people that buy big gas guzzlers to fuel their own ego fosil fuels are finite and should be treated as such untill we have other viable affordable enegy sources that can entirely replace them.!! buying a big gas guzzler that seats 8 to carry 1 or 2 persons around is wasiting fuel. i could make a long list on how the western world wastes fosil fuels but i won't bother..>>you have eyes look around surly even you could could find a lot of things, don't you think..??

every little bit counts.

Last edited by cruxan; 06-02-2010 at 04:36 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 AM

487 posts, read 636,333 times
Anyone who drives a 4 passenger vehicle when they are the only one inside it is wasting gas. Not wasting gas would be taking the bus or (gasp) walking/biking.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM

683 posts, read 428,696 times
Quote:
how are we wasting fuel..!!??>> your kidding me right could you tell me why hummer isn't being manufactured anymore, that should answere your own question..? last two hummers rolled of the assembly line a couple of weeks ago.. i could drag a link up, but why bother..

we is everybody including me, and especially the people that buy big gas guzzlers to fuel their own ego fosil fuels are finite and should be treated as such untill we have other viable affordable enegy sources that can entirely replace them.!! buying a big gas guzzler that seats 8 to carry 1 or 2 persons around is wasiting fuel. i could make a long list on how the western world wastes fosil fuels but i won't bother..>>you have eyes look around surly even you could could find a lot of things, don't you think..??

every little bit counts.
I own and daily drive a 1 ton diesel powered 4 door pickup truck that I run on 100% bio-diesel made from peanut oil. I get 20 - 22 mpg when I'm not carrying a lot of weight but I do haul lots of tools and supplies on a regular basis with the truck which is my main reason for having it. I use NO fossil fuel to run my truck and I even burn the conventional motor oil that comes out of it when I change it.

I don't need anyone to tell me how to live my life or what I should use less of, you should worry about your own life and let other people live theirs.

You should also consider using less oxygen.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM

683 posts, read 428,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Anyone who drives a 4 passenger vehicle when they are the only one inside it is wasting gas. Not wasting gas would be taking the bus or (gasp) walking/biking.
For many people walking/biking/or taking the bus isn't a viable option and they do regularly need a 4 passenger vehicle, should they buy a couple more vehicles of different passenger carrying capacities so that they never have an empty seat?

The future is going to suck for hitch hikers.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post

the toyota truck i have can legally seat 2 persons with seat belts no more.!! strict seatbelt laws here.
nearest place to get on a bus is 2 miles away, they won't let you carry 1500 pounds of tools on a bus, even if they did how would i get then to the bus, get real i have to carry tools to job sites.. so you expect people to carry 1500 pounds of tools to job sites on there backs get real buddy..

you can defend driving 8 cylinder gas guzzlers all you want..!! just to drive one or two person, should be criminal..

Last edited by cruxan; 06-03-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies