Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 AM

870 posts, read 3,528,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - YES, Always has been. They consider themselves outside any law.
????
What Middle Eastern Country follows any laws?
Isn't it somewhat baffling that just when Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians is starting up again, outside anti-Israeli countries test the waters and push Israel into defending itself? Why did Turkey and Jordan support and pay for these boats?
Does anyone really think that they were going to get through? And carrying cash and weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,187 times
don't worry....Israel will find a way to "redeem itself" down the road by beating up on someone else. :P

Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Moor View Post
Lets see. I am an American and have heard this term describe to Israel for years, but you are British and are just now learning about. However, your press is somehow more free???

Perhaps, it is not your press, but your inability to do simple research. Here is just one example of the press saying America and Israel are rogue states from 6 years ago.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2004/07/21/israel-a-rogue-state/

Perhaps if EinsteinsGhost wasn't so caught up in other American viewing habits, he would also be aware of this. Instead, he rather blame entertainment for ignorance.
Oh thank you! Glad to see you don't get caught up in analyzing habits by the governments and the media. You only see what you want to. Those glasses are doing a masterful job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
????
What Middle Eastern Country follows any laws?
Nope. Not one. Nada. Zero. But one often gets the pass as an exception in the region, and shouldn't.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,182,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Is Israel now a rogue state? - mirror.co.uk

I honestly could not find anything from the American media even close to this article and had to resort to the UK press.

We have freedom of the press here, so it makes you wonder why we need to turn to the UK or France to get good coverage of what's going on in Israel.
America's media should be the last place anyone would want to be informed about the Mid-East. Most Americans want fluff anyway.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 AM

328 posts, read 196,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notobrainwashing View Post
is israel a rouge state israel was a rouge since 1948
Exactly my sentiment.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I wonder if Hamas set up the entire operation knowing that Israel would embarrass itself by intercepting the boat? Is Hamas that thoughtful? I doubt it.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder if Hamas set up the entire operation knowing that Israel would embarrass itself by intercepting the boat? Is Hamas that thoughtful? I doubt it.
I don't see Hamas being as smart. However, I do think Israel is that stupid. This was just another case of ships carrying humanitarian aid from Turkey to Gaza that Israel managed to mess up big time. Let us see how they handle the Irish ship which should be there shortly. Israel already has Ireland's warning.

Its not good news for Israel when one of its very few allies in the region (Turkey) is pissed enough to end diplomatic relations, and the other (Egypt) has chosen to remove its blockade.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,187 times
It's good that other countries have decided to do something. The US mollycoddles Israel, and just buys them new toys, a bigger piggy bank, and pats them on the head like a pit bull.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,595,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Is Israel now a rogue state? - mirror.co.uk

I honestly could not find anything from the American media even close to this article and had to resort to the UK press.

We have freedom of the press here, so it makes you wonder why we need to turn to the UK or France to get good coverage of what's going on in Israel.
Perhaps the Mirror represents a rogue press! Perhaps you have a rogue outlook. Perhaps half the sovereign nations on the planet would qualify as "rogue."

Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Perhaps the Mirror represents a rogue press! Perhaps you have a rogue outlook. Perhaps half the sovereign nations on the planet would qualify as "rogue."
Rogue nations do consider freedom of press, and the press in general, a threat. Its not about outlook, that is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies