Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am talking to everybody here with this post. Righties and all forms of lefties all of you are being questioned about this. Go ahead and watch the video and then answer my question.

I very much doubt that he will be allowed to speak words like this on national tv by then unless something GOOD happens in the upcoming national election. He may not be able to even with the left losing that election. THEY have accomplished so much in just 1 1/2 years that who knows what they can do in the next two years.
Oh for God's sake. One black Democrat becomes president and you think that the entire First Amendment, which has survived multiple centuries, will suddenly disappear in two years? Don't be ridiculous. You can say whatever you want about Obama now. You'll be able to say whatever you want about him in two years. Ten years from now, some completely different stiff in a suit will be in office and Obama will be long-gone history, and things will pretty much be the same as far as free speech goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 11:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh for God's sake. One black Democrat becomes president and you think that the entire First Amendment, which has survived multiple centuries, will suddenly disappear in two years? Don't be ridiculous. You can say whatever you want about Obama now. You'll be able to say whatever you want about him in two years. Ten years from now, some completely different stiff in a suit will be in office and Obama will be long-gone history, and things will pretty much be the same as far as free speech goes.
I wish I could agree with you but maybe you can see some of what I fear in this article. Try to look beyond the source and check the story and even one link in it. Is The Hill acceptable to your type?

Liberal Groups Want FCC to Police Talk Radio, Cable News

Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
I wish I could agree with you but maybe you can see some of what I fear in this article. Try to look beyond the source and check the story and even one link in it. Is The Hill acceptable to your type?

Liberal Groups Want FCC to Police Talk Radio, Cable News
roy, the FCC gets letters like this constantly, from groups on the left and groups on the right. Week in and week out. The groups put the letters out themselves on a PR wire and they get picked up by whoever is having a slow news day.

I don't know why newsmax wouldnt tell you this

Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 AM

roy, are you aware of Glenn and his problems with other people's constitutional rights?

Beck v. Eiland-Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Why wouldn't he?

Are you suggesting Obama would do away with the 1st Amendment?

No one has stopped Glenn Beck, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh or a myriad other right wingers from spouting off. So what makes you think Jon Voight will not be able to.

1. Obama has lambasted and tried to silence political opposition, particularly talk radio

2. Obama has sent union thugs to disrupt opposition rallies

3. Obama has authorized the private spying on internet posts and sending that information to the federal government

4. Obama has supported the "fairness doctrine" designed to silence opposition

Looks like Barry is not a friend of the First Amendment and supports only speech that supports him, like a good fascist.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Obama has lambasted and tried to silence political opposition, particularly talk radio
How did he do that? Links please.

Quote:
2. Obama has sent union thugs to disrupt opposition rallies
He did? Give a link to that please.

Quote:
3. Obama has authorized the private spying on internet posts and sending that information to the federal government
In what context, hawkeye2009?

Quote:
4. Obama has supported the "fairness doctrine" designed to silence opposition
Oh, my God. Links please!!!

Quote:
Looks like Barry is not a friend of the First Amendment and supports only speech that supports him, like a good fascist.
Looks like you either make things up to suit your wishful thinking or somehow don't know how to find honest information.

But I would love, LOVE to see your sources.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
I may be a loon but I do know about the people in the White House that run things like that and what they are wanting to do.
Why don't you get specific? Who in the White House? Runs things like what? What are "they" wanting to do? And, most importantly, where is your evidence of any of this? Without the specifics, you just sound like a paranoid nut.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
None of the left media will have him talking like that and Obama wants Fox gone before he finishes his term. I say that the Congress will take care of it all before he is gone unless we take at least one house of Congress away from the Dems this fall.
Again, I have to ask you for your 'evidence' of this. You keep spouting off on this, but you have as yet provided nothing to indicate why you believe this.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
How is this coming from the mouth of the same guy that said this crap when Bush was in office.

Voight had said about criticism of the previous President, George W. Bush, in an April 27, 2007 interview with Bill O'Reilly on The O'Reilly Factor: "And they — what I hear, you know, talking about our president. When I hear people saying quite unthinkable things about our president, when I see our president defaced, which is defacing our country. He's the leader of our country. He's the leader of the free world. It — my heart is very heavy."
Quote:
Welllllllllllllll he was a Bush supporter I guess.
Except, he doesn't specify which president he's talking about, does he? He states the the president is the leader of our country and people shouldn't be saying 'bad things' about him, then he goes ahead and says what many would consider to be bad things about the next president? In my book, that makes him a hypocrite.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Did the Democrat Congress repeal the 1st Amendment when they inserted the Fairness Doctrine? Somehow I don't think they did but they got it done and did silence the Conservatives pretty well with it.
Roy, I've been voting for nearly 40 years. And in all that time I've always heard from both sides. When were the conservatives ever 'silenced'? Because I cannot ever recall that happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies